Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I just booked on Eva Air for $641.00 plus tax ($700.00 max. total) out of Vegas.  I have 32,000 miles on Eva so I can upgrade to Evergreen Deluxe on the two long haul flights.  I transfer in LAX and Taipei and on to Bangkok.  On the way home I go thru San Francisco.  LAX does not have any late flights (after 11pm) to Vegas so I booked my return through San Francisco.  What I like about Eva is they leave Bangkok at 5:30 pm.  Eva air has some great deals right now.  I booked it over the telephone because I needed a flight out of Vegas. 1-800-695-1188.  Usually I take a Southwest to LAX but $641.00 was the same price out of LAX.  $641.00 plus tax and I can upgrade to Evergreen Deluxe, kind of like a sore dick you can't beat it.  The woman on the telephone said the fares over the phone are not the same as evaair.com  Sometimes they are more sometimes they are less.  Pays to shop around.  

Dave,

All I did was call Eva Air at 1-800-695-1188.  Then I told them when I want to go.  The woman on the phone said the online price is not always the same as over the phone price.  It was pretty much the same price out of LAX but they included Vegas to LA.   If I was to leave one day later it was over $1000.00 (weekend) so i think it pays to look on the internet and see what days are the best price.  Also I looked at the times on evaair.com and saw LAX got in about 2 hours later than San- Francisco.   LAX does not have too many late flights into Vegas and I work at 3am.  Sometimes I will print out an itenerary with the price and times and take it to a local travel agent. Avoid Prestige Travel they charge an extra $50.00.    Eva will hold your reservation for a few weeks if you book over the phone because you have to mail in a cashiers check but that's not a big deal, I go the Post office once a week anyway (I sell stuff on Ebay).  You have alot of time to shop around for the best deal.  Sometimes I book out of LAX and take a Southwest, Southwest is usually very inexpensive. The only thing is you have to recheck your luggage.Since you live in Vegas I have a very good restaurant you should check out.  Bangkok 9 next to Ross department store in Henderson, it is on the corner of Stephanie and Sunset (Just north of Sunset) next to the mall in a Plaza.  I have been to Thailand 7 times and this is by far the best restaurant I have ever had. Everything is very delicious. The place is so clean.  Bangkok Boom and the Orcha are terrible compared to Bangkok 9.  Good luck

KJ

p.s. The New Jersey Devils just won the Stanley Cup, I just hit a nice parlay. Cha-Ching :)

• 2 weeks later...
I just booked on Eva Air for $641.00 plus tax ($700.00 max. total) out of Vegas.  I have 32,000 miles on Eva so I can upgrade to Evergreen Deluxe on the two long haul flights.  I transfer in LAX and Taipei and on to Bangkok.  On the way home I go thru San Francisco.  LAX does not have any late flights (after 11pm) to Vegas so I booked my return through San Francisco.  What I like about Eva is they leave Bangkok at 5:30 pm.  Eva air has some great deals right now.  I booked it over the telephone because I needed a flight out of Vegas. 1-800-695-1188.  Usually I take a Southwest to LAX but $641.00 was the same price out of LAX.  $641.00 plus tax and I can upgrade to Evergreen Deluxe, kind of like a sore dick you can't beat it.  The woman on the telephone said the fares over the phone are not the same as evaair.com  Sometimes they are more sometimes they are less.  Pays to shop around.  

I saw it on the website for $609.00 plus tax tonight on the website. I opted for EVD, and will probably utilize my miles earned on the trip next year, if not upgrading to Super Business Class on the way home.

I saw it on the website for $609.00 plus tax tonight on the website. I opted for EVD, and will probably utilize my miles earned on the trip next year, if not upgrading to Super Business Class on the way home.

That is a great deal.  Originally I wanted to book online but I wanted to #1 fly out of Vegas and #2 fly thru San Francisco on the way home (that way I can take the 5:30pm out of Bangkok, LAX flight has a too long of a  layover in Taiwan).  I get back to Vegas around 11pm and work at 3am, I like to use every minute of my vacation.   I booked over the phone and mailed in a cashiers check, I just got my tickets yesterday ;D ;D.  Eva is a great airline, I like the service, the cute attendants.  I like the evergreen lounge and I like getting in Bangkok at 11am.   Unfortunately Southwest does not go to San Fran but that's Ok I got a good deal and I don't have to recheck my luggage.

cheers

kj

El tib,

Thanks for the heads up i just booked a flight for my friend.  Aug 24- Aug 31st through the EVA website it was $449 came to $517 with tax that's from LAX to BKK 1 hour lay over in Tapei, China

I am starting to think the deal i got sucked :). Mrt, are you taking Southwest to LAX?  Southwest has some great deals out of Vegas, the last I saw it was $29.00 each way.  That is what I usually do but I did it over the phone and they included the two Vegas flights.  Also did you get bonus miles for booking online?  I am all set with my ticket, I have all my seats saved also.

cheers

kj :)

kjvegas,

well you know what that's the price we pay for wanting to have that paper ticket in our hand that says LAS-LAX-BKK :)

I'm actually still flying on NWA i got may tickets for $707 from LAS with tax through a consolidator.  So i won't be doing the south west thing .  Although if i had waited i wold of saved $115 and had better flight times  (i like evea departure times from both BKK and LAX) shoot my buddies will get to stay  9 extra hours in LOS.

Re: bonus miles I'll have to see. Put on the site it didn't say anything about promo fare .

Mrt,

Cool,  I like Eva because they have a 5:30pm flight out of Bangkok which I like.  The layover is too long in Taiwan and I would of gotten in LAX too late.  So I was able to go thru San Fran. and get back in Vegas at 11:30pm.  :)

KJ

EVA can get me out of JFK in November for $710.  ($920 for Evergreen Deluxe class).

That's pretty decent for late November.  If I can clear my work schedule, perhaps a short 9-day trip is in my future.