Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Funny or Not? - "THE KIDS EMPTIED OUR BANK ACCOUNT PLAYING FIFA"

Lessons to be learned?  "What I learned from this is......"  Don't give your effing bank card details to your kids and DON'T leave your wallet lying around...

Four children spent nearly £550 in three weeks buying player packs to play the Fifa football video game online on the family's Nintendo Switch console.

In Fifa, special players can be bought in packs, but the contents are only revealed after payment is completed.

The children's father, Thomas Carter, had bought them a single pack for around £8, and had not realised they had seen how he made the purchase.

The Switch has now been confiscated "indefinitely", Mr Carter said.

Nintendo has agreed to a full refund and has removed the purchased players.

While Fifa is published and sold by Electronic Arts, the payments had been made via the family's Nintendo account.

Nintendo did not respond to a request for comment.

Mr Carter, from Hampshire, admits that he did not take full precautions to limit access to his Nintendo account: he did not use a unique Pin number and the emailed receipts were sent to an old email address with a full inbox.

"I just never thought [the children] would do it," he said.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-48908766

My son once bought a load of Pokemons using cash he "found" in my wardrobe 300€ worth...... 2 nights of singing money.  He was grounded for a month and narrowly escaped strangulation.

Andy "Kids? Keep 'em at a safe distance!" Cap 

Edited by capdagde