Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

2 hours ago, Bazle said:

Just checked my credit card account on-line again. The refund got credited on 3 April. Deep joy!! 

And well done EVA!

Good news, excellent!

It's a relief when it comes through.  I'm taking the hit on the cancellation charge (did they sting you for that?) but in the whole scheme of things, it is what it is so I can't complain as I knew the T&C's before I purchased the ticket.

Fair play to EVA for getting it refunded in a relatively short time, but to me it doesn't really make up for the shocking Customer service sadly.

3 hours ago, Butch said:

Good news, excellent!

It's a relief when it comes through.  I'm taking the hit on the cancellation charge (did they sting you for that?) but in the whole scheme of things, it is what it is so I can't complain as I knew the T&C's before I purchased the ticket.

Fair play to EVA for getting it refunded in a relatively short time, but to me it doesn't really make up for the shocking Customer service sadly.

No cancellation charge. I had booked it last September, and was due to fly on 20 April. EVA were offering to accept cancellations without charge.

I had to cancel a flight 3 years ago because of an imminent bereavement, and EVA's London office were very polite and efficient. That is the only time I've needed to use Customer Service. In terms of other services, I've found EVA very good, and hope to continue flying with them.

• Thanks 1
On 4/3/2020 at 3:28 PM, Butch said:

I'm finding myself agreeing with you. Thai for me from now on. I'm even considering BA over EVA at the moment. I just had my refund from them but trying to call the UK office is impossible, they don't provide an email address so it is down to applying online for the refund and hoping it gets done. Terrible.

Shame they don't have a PE but I'd rather fly econ on a reliable airline to be honest. Are you a member of the FF? if so how do you find it?.

I haven't bothered with the frequent flyer service yet. Since I made the decision to fly exclusively with Thai Airways I've only flown with them twice more and now we've got the COVID19 pandemic so all future trips are cancelled for the meantime and there's not much point joining it just yet. I'm not a fan of BA because I think their customer service isn't great. Flights in economy are bad enough as it is without being served food and drinks by miserable middle aged hags with faces like slapped arses. The hostesses on Thai Airways flights are always polite and friendly, plus most of them are attractive which often means you'll have a relaxing flight. 

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Have a reservation with Eva for 4 June which I have not cancelled so far.  Out of curiosity, checked the seating for the Taipei-Seattle leg.  Of 64 seats in Premium Economy, only 6 are filled at this point.  No, I'm don't really expect to be making the trip.

1 hour ago, nkped said:

Have a reservation with Eva for 4 June which I have not cancelled so far.  Out of curiosity, checked the seating for the Taipei-Seattle leg.  Of 64 seats in Premium Economy, only 6 are filled at this point.  No, I'm don't really expect to be making the trip.

Although their CS sucks, the refund process is actually halfway efficient. Myself and Bazle as you can see both had our refunds in good time. 4th June is still a ways off, might be worth hanging on until around mid to late May, as things might have a semblance of normality by then.

• 2 weeks later...

Applied for my refund on 16 March, it finally arrived today complete with seat charge refund and currency charges refund.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, beerboy said:

Applied for my refund on 16 March, it finally arrived today complete with seat charge refund and currency charges refund.

That's good news. Just over a month for a refund isn't too shabby.