Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

cheap accomodation koh samui

• 2 weeks later...

Do you need to be on the beach? Hot water? For a good central location, try calling the P&P Resort directly. May get away with 700 baht. Nice place. Clean. Hot water. Fridge. No TV. Beachfront, a bit more. Possible sea view though.

If you wish to save cash try Green Guest House. Cold water though. 300 baht+  No sea view, though near the beach and within staggering distance of the action without the accompanying noise. Clean.

Green Guesthouse

Chaweng Beach Road, Chaweng Center

156/7, Moo 2, Tambon Bo Phut

84320 Koh Samui, Suratthani, Thailand

Tel: 0 7742 2611

Fax: 0 7742 2611

E-mail: greenguesthouse@hotmail.com

P & P Samui Resort

4, Moo 2, Tambon Bo Phut

Tel: 0 7742 2540

Fax: 0 7742 2324

E-mail: o.pbungalow@hotmail.com

You may want to try Chaweng Beach Garden Hotel. Right in the heart of everything and on the beach. Got the big room with tv, air con, mini fridge for 1000b in low season. Guest friendly and good restaurant on the beach. You can get a room with out a fridge for around 700b. Hope this helps, Cheers, B-man!

Hey Sprinter, here are a few numbers on them. Phone: 66-077-422-265 and 66-077-230-993, not sure which one is fax. Great location, 1 1/2 minutes ot Green Mango Complex yet very quiet at the rooms. Cheers. B-Man!

There you are:

Chaweng Gardens Beach Resort

162/8, Moo 2, Tambon Bo Phut

Tel: 0 7742 2265, 0 7723 0993

Fax: 0 7742 2265

I am not a fan, though know many people that have stayed there. No sea view in the main.

• 2 months later...

SLH,

Any reccomendations for accomodation on Lamai beach?

preferably 1500-2000 baht per night with A/C, Guest Friendly, on beach, and must be Quiet! No techno or traffic noise.

TIA

try the weekender on lamai beech.

very reasonable for the price.

try and find the direct website, as i paid about 600 a night, booking direct.

BT

Many thanks for that info, is the Weekender in a good position for the bars and is it a quiet resort? ie;no techno music from neighboring bars or traffic noise in daytime.

Was there anything that you didn't like or anything that was to your liking at the Weekender?

TIA

i am in a minority, cos i prefer chaweng.

but, the weekender was good value imho.

no, i cannot remember it being noisy, and yes it is in an excellent position, smack in the middle of the main drag.

are you going solo?

i did not rate samui on the b/g side of things, and on my 5 trips i have always been with friend.

my negative with lamai was it was infested with backpackers, but luckilly they stick to the 100 bht a night shit holes, and keep to themselves in the bars.

they also tend to stay away from the b/bars.

all in all samui is still a very good place for a holiday, and has a passable nightlife.

ps.

i despise techno, and all it stands for, but you had better build up a tollerance for it, wherever in thailand you go.

baz

Cheers for that Baz,

I have only been to LOS once in February and had a great time(who doesn't?) I stayed 2 nights in BKK and visited a couple of MPs then 5 nights at Pinnacle resort South Jomtien.

I got hooked up with a beach massage girl so I never sampled the Bar scene of Pattaya but I did visit with my TG one night. I will visit Pattaya again but next trip I fancy Samui, Lamai seems to be a little better than Chaweng, but if Lamai doesn't suit me it is not far to Chaweng.

I like a nice quiet beach resort in the day and I'm not bothered about techno noise at night in the bars when I'm out drinking, just as long as it doesn't interfere with my sleep!

I know there are not so many girls or bars in Samui as Pattaya but I am working on the theory it shouldn't be too hard to find one (or two!) nice TGs.

dont get me wrong, you will "make friends" in samui, its just that pattaya kinda spoils you, and anywhere else is a let down if you compare them.

i also like the beech resorts, and tend to divide my trips.

i usually go for up to 3 weeks and spend 10+ days in pattaya, a couple in bkk and then slope off to samui or krabi for a week.

baz,

I'd love to go for three weeks but I don't think the Missus would be too keen and I might not have a job when I got back, I must start doing the Lottery.

What you do sounds great, then you don't feel too stale with one place. [smiley=cheers.gif]

the lamai inn[99? has bungalows for about 4to500 baht

its quite laid back.you can book online,with your credit card,first 4 days deposit to pay,its as safe as it can be

online.good clean but basic bungalows cold water.

good restaurant.beach is great,thers no problem with

noise,5 miniuts to the main road with lots of beerbars

no gogos its not pattaya there are lots of fun girls

no superstars.a few babes mixed in but you have to

look around,if you want a beach holiday kho samui is

as good as it gets.from 5star to no star.it get full in july and augaust,and of course christmas and new year when the prices go up.most of kho samui hotels have 2high seasons and 2 low seasons plus christmas and new year.stick it in google .kho samui is great