Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

EVA Air Delux Class

Hi I too have flown EVA Deluxe to Bangkok and found the seating and service great.I am (as some say of large frame) and found the seating arrangement great and food is either an Asian orientated course or an european choice. The staff are very friendly and the movies not bad.The seating at the very front is 2+2+2 and I found go for the middle 2 seats (but only 2 rows of these) and get the back 2 as no one behind to offend if you put the seat back.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you Guys never heard of "Rip off Britain"? :banghead

The official Eva Air site quotes around £1,300 or $2000 for LHR-BKK, I believe that the same site quotes a lot less for USA-LOS for Evergreen deluxe.

Sorry if it's a daft question. But why is it that the price booking directly with EVA is over double the prices using Ebookers etc.

Only been LOS once, and flew EVA; superb! Planning a return trip in March 05'. The price on the EVA site £1000+ !!!!, £476 elsewhere!

I always fly evergreen deluxe, the size of the chairs is ok and the service is fine.

The price from Amsterdam to BKK is 835 euros, also on the EVA site.

The food is ok.

Imo Eva is better than China airlines <laugh

Sorry if it's a daft question. But why is it that the price booking directly with EVA is over double the prices using Ebookers etc.

Airlines give a X number of tickets to consolidators to sell at a certain booking class. They also give themselves X number of tickets at certain booking class. When the cheap fares are sold-out they move to the next booking class, resulting in higher prices.

In other words, EVA has sold their allotment of cheap fares and have gone up to the next higher class while the consolidators still have unsold cheap fares.

Airlines give a X number of tickets to consolidators to sell at a certain booking class. They also give themselves X number of tickets at certain booking class. When the cheap fares are sold-out they move to the next booking class, resulting in higher prices.

In other words, EVA has sold their allotment of cheap fares and have gone up to the next higher class while the consolidators still have unsold cheap fares.

Cheers echster.

If that's the case, will also mean not many seats left then....... Better get booking!

What Echster says is quite correct. If you want a good price for a seat particularly in high season you have to book early, really early. I hit a problem because I go out for three months leaving just after Christmas. I cannot book as early as those people who are only going for a month. The booking system only allows booking about 300 days in advance and that is for the whole trip return included. Thus the 1 month visitors can book their January departures 2 months before I can; as a result the cheapest deals are gone by the time I can book. Yes I know you can get undated open return tickets but they are extremely expensive. Non-stop London Bangkok flights are always booked very early since BA and QF combined their flights after the asian economy crash in 1996, prior to this both a BA & a QF aircraft used to fly now only one does. BA/QF do not show much interest in re-instating these flight because although they could probably fill the planes to BKK they would not be able to do so for the BKK - SYD leg. This leaves only BR and TG with non stop flights on this route and even if they wanted to they cannot get the extra landing slots at LHR for extra flights. I'm sure EVA would love to fly Mon and Fri to give them a daily service.

Stevoh.

Hate seem obtuse, but I have a EG Delux ticket LHR/BKK/LHR I payed £590 for, but the price printed on the ticket is £1615.60. How do they ballance their books ?

As far as I am aware, all coupons go to the airlines Financial Control Centre for processing. If they had 5 of my ticket coupons from the flight they would be nearly 6 Grand light in the till.

The price shown on the Ticket itself is always the full scheduled price not the price you paid. It is something to do with IATA agreements - airlines are not allowed to sell cut price tickets direct to the public. This is why bucket shops and consolidators exist.

Have you been robbed of 20p, my ticket for 2nd November shows a price 1615.40 GBP, I paid 539 GBP.

Stevoh.

Is there a particular "Bucket shop or consolidator" that offers a consistantly good deal on EVA Or is it always a case of shopping around.

I seem to be able to find several online sources for Economy seats but not upgrades. Anywhere you would recommend looking?

The 3 I use are ebookers, West East Travel & Ourstravel. All are good the first 2 often have special restricted ticket offers (No refund/change of date etc.) Ourstravel don't have these very often. However they are consistent throughout the year and have a large number of seats allocated to them. For example last year the earliest January evergreen seat I could get (this was in August the year before) was on the 14th Jan until I contacted Ourstravel who had a seat for me on the 3rd Jan. The only criticism I have heard is that not all their representatives are completely fluent in English, I have never had a problem. It helps if you know exactly what you want and days EVA flies etc.

Stevoh.

From all the posts I guess I'm lucky in two respects, being 5'7" means I fit more comfortably in the seats and flying from LAX I get a better price to BKK - even though it doesn't make any sense given the relative distance between Europe and LA from BKK.

From LAX anyway, I have not been able to find a consolidator or discount web site that offers EVA Evergreen Deluxe for less then the direct EVA website. $850 USD for my November booking and I just checked on mid-January and got the same price so either I'm lucky or EVA just likes us Californians.

hi tom iam flying out from heathrow on nov 13 iam looking to reserve a seat with eva air deluxe you mentioned earlier in this thread about you can reserve a seat before departure iam 6foot 6 so i could do with a seat with no one infront of me just to make it that bit more comfy.as the seating plan is different with each model of plane do certain models fly on certain days or is it pot luck cheers tom all the best

I book at EVA's website and they let you choose your seats there. If you have your ticket, you may be able to visit their website and choose some seats. You'll need a confirmation number to access your flights. This will also let you see exactly what aircraft you'll be on.

Also, our tickets are cheaper in the States as opposed to what you pay in the UK because that is what the market will sustain. I'm not sure about flying out of the UK, but from LAX I can to BKK on 12-14 carriers. All those carriers equates to seats that need to be sold. More seats usually means lower prices.

Also, I'm just gonna guess it's cheaper for airlines to operate from the US than it is from the UK. Again, lower operating costs equates to lower ticket prices.

A third reason tickets are cheaper, even though the distances are close, is the airlines can take on cargo. Companies pay high prices to fly their products to/from the US. The costs allow airlines to turn a profit on a route, thus again allowing for lower ticket prices.

A fourth reason (but not last) is the cost of tickets in an airline's home country. The Asians, in general, pay more for tickets than Americans. I bought an Evergreen Deluxe seat RT LAX-TPE-BKK-TPE-LAX for $900 all-in. Do you know what that ticket costs a Taiwanese businessman going TPE-LAX-TPE? It's about $1500. Airlines that stop in Japan, like JAL, ANA and Thai, charge Japanese more because they're wiling to pay more (it's wat the market will sustain). Because the airlines can pick-up business by stopping to/from the US and BKK, that lowers ticket prices, as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Ours Travel yesterday and picked up my Evergreen Deluxe tickets for the forthcoming flight.

The guy was very good, he said I can also have FREE National express coach travel to and from LHR, I got the impression that this was an Eva thing rather than an Ours Travel one.

So any of you UK guys who book on Evergreen you can always ask your agent about FREE coach travel.

As Echester said the web-site is usuallythe best bet and get additional miles as well. If there are no available flights atthe right prices soemtimes angel travel has some good deals. www.angeltravel.com. Cheers, B-Man

As to the seating info try www.seatguru.com and that will be of help!

It is fair to say that most airlines know whom there best customers are and serve them accordingly. On the print out for seating in non econ your status is usually added. I go with United and as a 1K million miler I get the royal treatment.

'04 will have me make 5 trips to LOS, all on United in Business Class and paying really cheap prices upgrading with perks offered to 100,000 mile flyers!

I really think that the service you receive being based on status is very overlooked in most reports. Look at www.flyertalk.com for more info!

I hope adding the links is not considered as SPAM, I'm not vested in either site.

Unlike the bloke whom is SPAMing a commerical site here which is really rude!

• 1 month later...
:banghead THIS IS WHAT YOU GET:

EVERGREEN DELUXE

Evergreen Deluxe also offers upgraded meals served on bone china.

This statement is definitely false. They do not serve on bone china. But they do give you real knives when your flight leg is not to/from the USA.

<I'm sure you only get plastic knives and forks on BR067/8, LHR-BKK.>

Not sure about Evergreen De-luxe as it is some years since I flew that, but in Business Class you do get metal knives and forks (-: