Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Dear Members

A couple of questions

On my next visit to Pattaya planning to go to Koh Samet for a few days.

Have done a search through the FLB reports/forums.

But there are no real recomendations for any Hotel or if it is better to simply get there, Hire a bike and look around, prebook in Pattaya or go an internet option.

Plan on taking a TG friend for 3/4 days.

Budget hopefully less than 2000baht a day Accomodation only.

Prefer something water/beachfront with modcons, aircon ,shower, TV etc.

Many thanks in advance

Bigdan

Hey BigDan,

I took a few trips there and it was a real treat for the bargirls.

I agree with Hub; Hat Saikaew is your safest best. The nicest and most expensive place on that beach is Saikaew Beach Resort. All the otehr place including Saikaew Villa will be approx 1000 baht.

You can book a minivan from Pattaya for 150 baht each or book a taxi fro 800 baht total. Don't buy a ferry ticket from the travel agent in Pattaya for 50 baht as that is only good for the ferry that goes to Vongdong beach where the Malibu that Hub mentioned is. Instead buy the ferry ticket at the ferry. The ferry terminal is an easy walk to Hat SaiKaew but with your luggage the songthew is prob a better bet.

I would then walk along the beach and check out the ten or so different places and get the best value. I would book for two nights only. You will always be able to extend your stay and you might find a place you like better when you're travelling around the island.

Scooters are 400 baht a day for 24 hours which is much more expensive than the Pattaya rate of 150. For me the scooters are a real treat. I won't ride them in Pattaya for saftey reasons but there's little traffic on Ko Samet. And many dirt roads that are fun. I prefer having a bike for me and bike for girl cause two on a bike on the dirt road is not fun for me.

The beach is great at night. Lined with open air bars and restarants on huge beachblankets. Incredible atmosphere!

Daytime the girls like riding the banana boats. You can get a massage on the beach for around 200 baht. For 500 baht you can take a day trip to snorkle or fish.

If you want a GFE find a sweetie in Patatya and bring her to Ko Samet. But be vague with her how many nights you're staying. If things are not as loveydovey as you like go back to Pattaya and butterfly.

There's also a very special place I like to stay at which is similar to a Tahiti overwater bungalow but am reluctant to recommend since it will not be to everyones likeing since there is no hot water, no TV, and very isolated.