Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Hi Guys.

Coming for my 4th trip in Nov, but this time staying 3 months.

Question is - Do ALL the hotels up their prices for Xmas and New Year ?

Is it possible to arrange a long stay ( 1 month + ) and pay the monthly rate throughout all of December, or will they make additions to cover the peak days ?

All advice welcome .I usually stay around Soi 13 and would like to do so again as long as they aren't going to sting us too much .

cheers

hi bronto iam also staying three months as of mid november i emailed a few hotels for prices for long stay. you say you want to stay soi 13,iemailed dynasty inn they replied

The daily rate is 990 baht per night net wihtout breakfast.

The monthly rate is 680 baht per night net without breakfast

(680x30days = 20,400 baht pay in advance when you check in).

sandy springs replied

Thank you for your e-mail. The standard room rate for the long period is

950 baht/room/night.

Please, confirm your reservation and your check in time. We are looking

forward to serve you.

Best regards

Nuansri Phanichphakdee

i emailed sandy springs again to see if they could match dynasty inn monthly rate,they replied sorry they could not so ithink i will stay dynasty inn 20,400 1 month not bad,but i will wait till i get there and try and get cheaper on walk in.will stay for 2 nights defo and look at a few other hotels for maybe a better deal.the 4th of november there should be plenty of rooms, book in somewhere for anight and have good look around should get a deal for three months.good luck

bigmofo,

You are forgetting about one thing. While you may get a better day rate walking in, you might not be able to get a monthly rate at that time because they may not have rooms availabe for the peak periods around the end of the year. The Christmas, New Years time fills up very fast and this forum is always full of punters looking for last minute rooms during those periods because they waited too long or like you, wanted to "get a better deal" by walking in.

It's a bit like the ladies, the good ones go fast! Wait until the last minute and you do the long walk home alone.

Cheers

good point irishman,but i have found it quiet start of november so iam thinking of looking around for a deal.the dynasty and sandy springs could of filled up by then through people reserving rooms.as they seem popular hotels on this forum alone a lot of people stay there, so like irishman says you might not get a room.depending on your budget it is a good price.its not much of our good old pounds at the minute hope exchange rate keeps going up.i dont mind staying a short taxi ride away from the action if i can get a better room for the money.but you stated you want soi 13 so to be safe i would book at that rate as the dynasty inn gets the thumbs up from many people on here.all the best

Bigmofo, Irishman,

thanks for your replies.I always stay at the Dynasty and enjoy it, but was going to try a couple of others for comparison,etc. As you say, best not to leave it too long.

Trouble is, by road-testing a few, it will be mid-Nov and maybe too late .

The monthly deal sounds good, but does that include Xmas and New Year?

thanks guys

Fucking hell what's the matter with you guys. A paltry 5 bucks a night when your on holidays, give me a break. The drink prices and B/F'S go up so what the fuck are you carrying on about. Just my opinion.

Bigmike.

Nice balanced reply from our Aussie friend.

The point I was TRYING to make was a lot of hotels just about double their rate for Xmas, etc , and how does that work if you get a monthly deal ?

For some of us, trying to budget for a 3 month stay, a bit of planning is required .

thanks for your valuable input

bronto the monthly rate is including christmas period.big mike take a chill pill.maybe 5 bucks is not a lot to you,iam am 27 years old with not much savings i work my but of six sometimes 7 days a week on building sites i would rather get the best deal possible because 60,000 is a lot of money for me.i have never known the price of tg and beer increase in price in general.most of my local watering holes the price stays the same or maybe to drunk to notice.like you say bronto some of us go on a budget i usually stay utid court 7000 a month very good for money.but i have got a lot of overtime in since last years trip so will be looking 20,000 top line for room per month.but i reckon can get good deal some where. cheers greg will check that out i have got about 5 places to look at nova lodge north pattaya sunshinevista the ritz nong apartment yensabai condo etc no rush when staying 3 months.bronto if you want somwhere cheaper soi 13 try emailing lek hotel there daily rate is 600 or 700 i think never stayed there but seems to be good hotel judging from peoples opinions on here.good luck

bronto the monthly rate is including christmas period.big mike take a chill pill.maybe 5 bucks is not a lot to you,iam am 27 years old with not much savings i work my but of six sometimes 7 days a week on building sites i would rather get the best deal possible because 60,000 is a lot of money for me.i have never known the price of tg and beer increase in price in general.most of my local watering holes the price stays the same or maybe to drunk to notice.like you say bronto some of us go on a budget i usually stay utid court 7000 a month very good for money.but i have got a lot of overtime in since last years trip so will be looking 20,000 top line for room per month.but i reckon can get good deal some where. cheers greg will check that out i have got about 5 places to look at nova lodge north pattaya sunshinevista the ritz nong apartment yensabai condo etc no rush when staying 3 months.bronto if you want somwhere cheaper soi 13 try emailing lek hotel there daily rate is 600 or 700 i think never stayed there but seems to be good hotel judging from peoples opinions on here.good luck

You say that you pay 7000Baht per month for a room on previous trips, that's whole 3 pommy pounds per night for a room. Well I can only imagine that you must have very exciting holidays in Thailand, but on the other hand if thats you scene and you enjoy it OK.

Bigmike.

big mike take your sarcasm elswhere.iam trying to help bronto like irishman and gregb suggested somewhere for me to look Fucking hell what's the matter with you guys. A paltry 5 bucks a night when your on holidays, give me a break. The drink prices and B/F'S go up so what the fuck are you carrying on about. Just my opinion.

Bigmike. that is not helping bronto or anyone.why dont you stick to helping people instead of slagging them.from reading many topics on here i can see that you know a fair bit about thailand and people apreciate your input when it is of any use. from my next post you say-You say that you pay 7000Baht per month for a room on previous trips, that's whole 3 pommy pounds per night for a room. Well I can only imagine that you must have very exciting holidays in Thailand, but on the other hand if thats you scene and you enjoy it OK.

Bigmike. so from your sarcasm i assume because i pay 7000 a room for a month i dont have a good holiday you dont know what the fuck your talking about i would rather have more money for tgs and beer etc than a hotel room that i only sleep in.iam out all day and most the night. maybe at your age you have less tgs and drink less beer and stay in the room a lot more so it is more important for you to have a good room.you might have a tidy budget but a lot of us dont.sorry if you think iam being out of order here but your last two posts have been total shite.

Let it go mate ... don't we all have better things to do then to curse at an invisible person on the net ? Why get angry over someone you don't know, will never know, and probably don't care to ever know ?

Lighten up and have a littles sense of humor ...

Personally, if I can get a rise out of somebody like big Mike seems to get out of you ... I'd go for the kill and keep egging it on for the fun of it.

bigmofo,

the longer you stay, and the cheaper you can make it, MORE POWER TO YOU!

I cant see paying big money for a 1 week or 2 week stay, thats a waste of time, I prefer 1 month to 2 month stays.

chok dee t_t

There are new hotels and apartments springing up every month, so unless there are going to be alot more tourists in Pattaya this year you should be able to find a good deal. If you restrict yourself to one area, yes you will pay more. If you look around when you first arrive you should find good deals for a 3 month stay. I'm talking around 12k per month. Look at Gabor place for an idea of what you can get for that price.

Emil

bigmofo.

You may have a valid point there. I do fly Business Class, I stop at the Sandy Spring, I rent a car and when I go out on the town I would rather have a wad of 1000 Baht notes in my pocket than a hand full of satangs.

Bigmike.

If I was going to spend a week looking, I'd base myself out of the Apex Hotel for 500 Baht/night. The Lek Hotel did re-model and has been charging higher since it was complete. That 99 Baht breakfast at the Apex will do you till the late afternoon

Good Luck on your searching as I'm all for a man who likes to save pounds on vacation.

Bigmofo,

thanks for your support mate. ( and everyone else) I think we have made our point and can put this one to bed now . We can look forward to being a little more popular with the girls rather than the hoteliers.

I'd be happy to buy you a beer anytime during our stay.

I've not yet checked out the FLB bar, so might be worth a spin if its any good .

cheers

Bronto :banghead

Bigmofo,

nice one. Reading your other thread on Etihad, I see we are from the same kind of stable- I too am 6'6 and flying Eva this time. I have a few TG loose ends to tie up first and a first time mate coming for the first 2 weeks of Nov, but after that, any time .

If you fancy checking out FLB about mid Nov, that'l do me .

cheers

Bronto