Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

automatic teller machines - atm

Royal Garden shopping center and Big C have ATM machines. Both are close to soi 8. Many banks in Pattaya.

I carry debit card only. I had my bank get ride of the credit card side. If you lose your card or it's cloned credit card side can drain your account and they don't need a pin #.

You guys ever hear about the baht buses that run all over Pattaya? Work real well espically if you give them 10 baht. :P Soi 8 and 2nd Rd if you catch the light about 3 minute ride. About the same distance and time to Royal Garden if the traffic is light.

Guest Winston_Churchill

is the flipper house on soi 8???? when i last stayed there it was soi 7 :P anyway big C and the royal are not close by i think you will find all you want on Pattaya klang next soi to flipper house :D

"the flipper house on soi 8"

Yup, just up the road from P & W on Soi 8!! :D :D :D

At least a couple ATM's around TOPS and another one just north of Soi 6 if you're up for a bit of a walk. Closer than Big C if you can't bring yourself to part with that ten baht! :P :D :D

Seems most of them accept Plus System cards IMO.

~Sa-teef

16 days 13 hours to wheels up.....

if so, where are good ones close to flipper house? thanks

wc,

The English word to look for in the above sentence is close and soi 8 is close to Flipper House. :P

Guest Winston_Churchill

"The English word to look for in the above sentence is close and soi 8 is close to Flipper House." wow your clever yes it is,its the next soi,but the original question was atm close to the flipper house so where the fuck do you get soi 8 from in context with his question?? :P take care keep off the yabba :D

Foodland is near Flipper Lodge on Soi 7.. They have an ATM machine.

Also there is one at the intersection of beach rd and central rd..

This is within a block of Flipper Lodge on soi 7 and within 3 blocks of Flipper

house on Soi 8.

I don't know if you guys are all on the Piss or what.

Flipper House is on Soi 7 just east of the Pig and Whistle.

Flipper Lodge is on Soi 8 near Beach Road.

Tops has ATM's that work with the Plus symbol on my card at least and that also will dispense 25000 baht at one crack. Tops is at the corner of Pattaya Central road and Second Road and is therefore very close to the Flipper House and about 2 blocks from the Flipper Lodge.

Foodland is on Pattaya Central Road, almost to the intersection with Sukhimvit Road. Not close at all to either the lodge or house. Even Carrfour is closer.

Big C and Royal Garden are also pretty far away from the Flippers unless you take a baht bus. But they can be walked to in about 20 minutes. Actually, Foodland is on a Baht bus route also but is about a half hour walk from Flipper House.

Cheers

There have been a number of posts around the various Thai boards about ATM use causing problems with lost monies. A few different scams but all meaning the money is gone from your account. I have not experence this myself but I have now changed to having a Thai acct where you get a card and pin the day you open up with you provider. I fill it up with a wire transfer or deposit with travelers checks at the branch where I opended the account. The cards are not personalized but work just fine. :beer

"you guys are all on the Piss or what"

Yes, we were joking. That's what the funnies are for...? :D :D :D

Remember the P & W string we drove into the ground back here a week ago? You probably don't recall, but I posted a pic of it so let's hope I know where it is? :beer :beer

Planning breakfast with a couple English ingrates there infact.....

Sa-teef

• 3 weeks later...

can anyone tell me which atm card is the one i need?

after my previous visits i useda uk atm (lloyds tsb) and each visit i withdrew 10.000 bht and was charged 1.50 gbp ,

this trip i have joined the nationwide and am a bit unsure which card i need ??

some posts on here say a few conflicting reports..regarding wethera link /cirrus or a debit is required,

my understanding is that a normal atm card ( uk= link/cirrus) card is the one to go for ,

they also offer a debit card ( i dont think this is req as this is for buying goods in shops etc as well as use in atms )

am i right in saying the simple atm is the one .that doesnt charge and returns a good exchange rate.....

3 weeeks and im there........

Your Nationwide Flexaccount ( cheque guarantee/ debit card) is the only one you need for ATM'S .

NO FEES AT EITHER END .

Spot on Bronto. I only discovered that advantage AFTER I had opened an account with them for other reasons. - such as their internet account at that time paid the best rate of interest going. - No longer does though :crying

Alan

For anyone from the USA - my experience with my Credit Union Visa was great. It worked all over the world, in Pattaya it worked in at least 5 ATM's I tried and - here is the good part - I didn't have one fee charged by the credit union, just the exchange rate charged by the Thai bank and no ATM fee, no 'foreign conversion' fee (like a friend of mine with his Washington Mutual Bank Visa).

I've had the same experience recently in London, Toyko, San Jose and Tijuana. No fees. I don't know that all Credit Unions in the USA have the same policy but it certainly is worth exploring!!

• 2 weeks later...

I will be in Pattaya in less than a week!

Iam thinking of using the Cash Passport instead of travellers cheques. Has anyone had any problems using this method? Seems to be a safe way of handling money but dependant on ATM aceptance.

I will be in Pattaya in less than a week!

Iam thinking of using the Cash Passport instead of travellers cheques. Has anyone had any problems using this method? Seems to be a safe way of handling money but dependant on ATM aceptance.

Cool Dude you can use any Australian ATM cards from any bank that have the CIRRUS logo on it, this logo is normally on the back of the card. I know for a fact that Commonwealth and Westpac Banks supply them automatically on there key cards. They can be used any where in the world at any ATM'S that display the CIRRUS logo including Thailand and the Philippines. I use mine all the time in Pattaya and never had a problem.

Bigmike.