Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

1600bht Aitport to Pattaya - Sound About Right?

Seapix,

When I was there in November i paid 1800bht so the price doesn't sound too bad, mind you that was from a car in the Airport, a Toyota Camry, quite new and very comfortable. That was also for two people, so I'm not sure if the price is different depending how many passengers they are carrying. I understand the cheapist option is if you simply get a cab outside, not sure how comfortable they are though.

:beer

If it includes tolls and parking for 1600 B. that's not bad. I'll pay that any day. I usually book taxie through the hotel or condo where I stay. Almost all hotels will book you a taxie if you stay there. If you know where you are going in Pattaya you can stand out front at the Airport and haggle a deal. I have negotiated 1000 B. on more than one occasion. Tolls are about 300 B. This kind of deal requires that you know you way around Pattaya. Check out pattayamail.com or a2zpattaya.com. Look for classified ads. Lots of luck. :D :nod :P :3some

I just got quoted 1600 bht for a pickup next week. Although it includes tolls and parking it sounds a bit on the pricey side to me. Advice from any recent travellers would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I would be happy with 1,600 baht though there are others here who will go up to departures and try and get a taxi cheaper. As Russel says, it will help if you know your way around Pattaya - not that hard really. Get the name and address of your hotel in Thai and show it to your driver along with a map showing the location of the hotel.

Bear in mind though that, as I discovered 2 visits ago, some taxi drivers are incapable of reading even the simplest of maps. :unsure: He then wanted more than 100 baht tip :lol: . No way! :nod

Alan

Thanks everyone. I'll book them - it's not worth the headache of trying to pick up a better deal after 16 hours travelling for the equivalent of a pound or two. Then I can relax by the pool at Sabai Lodge until I get up the strength for a lunchtime soapy :unsure:

Get the name and address of your hotel in Thai and show it to your driver along with a map showing the location of the hotel.

Bear in mind though that, as I discovered 2 visits ago, some taxi drivers are incapable of reading even the simplest of maps. 2guns He then wanted more than 100 baht tip 2guns . No way! :cussing

Alan

Alan,

The service I use is based in Pattaya and when I make the reservation over the net I'm asked where I'm staying. I believe the lady who handles the emails informs the drivers of the hotel location as they know where to deliver me and I stay in some of the hotels off the beaten path.

Thanks everyone. I'll book them - it's not worth the headache of trying to pick up a better deal after 16 hours travelling for the equivalent of a pound or two. Then I can relax by the pool at Sabai Lodge until I get up the strength for a lunchtime soapy

I get to Sabai lodge 1 day before you. I will save a sun lounger by the pool for you.

Cheers

Mark

You can also take the airport bus for 250B to pattaya.

If your talking about the one run by Thai Limo, then the trouble is that it only leaves 3 times a day. When I've flown on Cathay or Eva, I've taken the noon bus.

1600 sounds about right. When I'm in Pattaya I book a car back to BKK at the end of the trip from the front desk at the RG: 1500 including tolls. It's always been either a Volvo or a Camry. Still getting used to the drivers' modus operandi, though: 140kph into and through any open space on the road they can find! On my last trip I thought we were re-enacting the chase scene from The French Connection or Bullit! :D