Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

As from 18 July we wont have to travel via Sydney or Brisbane anymore.

Thai are starting a nonstop service (not sure if its daily as yet) flight TG990 will leave AKL at 3.30pm and arrive BKK at the sametime as TG992 does now at 10.30pm.

Returning TG 989 will leave BKK AT 5.20PM and arrive NZ 2 Hours earlier than TG991 does at 9.20AM.

Not sure if thai will run any flights across the tasman anymore. TG991/992 might only do a BKK/SYD/BKK run so flight times may change there as well.

I hope Thai will promote the new service with promo fares. They will be flying the Airbus 346 OVER. iS THAT PLANE A WIDEBODY. I hope so.

Have just become a member.

I returned from Pattaya, 10 days ago, it was my first visit, and enjoyed it so much I plan to return in mid September. Was moaning to the girl in the Holiday Shoppe in Mt. Maunganui, about having to go through Sydney & Brisbane, as in my opinion it is just a waste of time, however after reading your posts, about AKL- BKK direct, I will hold off from booking, for a while. I believe Thai Airways is holding a big seminar late March, and a special is to be released in April called...."Amazing Thai. so maybe then the direct N.Z. BKK, will be introduced.

Cheers...Ben Boat Jim 1luv

Hi Ben Boat Jim and wellcome to the board.

Rang my local Flight Centre this morning and she said that she was going to a meeting tonight at Thai Air ,said to ring her tomorrow (15/3/05) would then be able to tell me the latest.So ring your agent tomorrow.

I usually go to Ptty Aug/Sept as I think it starts to get warmer after that

Cheers.

The Airbus 346 is a widebody. Its an A340-600. Its the longest of the A340 series with the most seats. 2-4-2 in economy. New plane so Thai may not have old, worn out, crappy seats.

That must be discounted. my travel agent said akl-bkk $999. must be paid by end of april and is valid until november. Add manila and its $1289.

and thai are doing some cheap flight/accomodation deals in phuket.

Just thought I would mention it lads, I booked an Auck-Bkk direct flight today, through Flight Centre in Tauranga for $999 + Govt. tax for the 15th Sept. returning on 12thOct, giving me 28 days of sheer bliss. There will be one happy Thai lady in Pattaya tonight.

I usually like arriving in BKk in the morning, but to do that it meant a stopover in Brisbane, which did not interest me at all....Departing Auck. at 3.20pm gets you into Don Muang at 10.30.pm the same day.

Cheers....Ben Boat Jim.

About time they started doing that as when I fly Thai air I always end up taking off my shoes, belt, ect just to do the check through in Sydney Airport. One time an old guy with a walking stick was told to take off his shoes and ended up falling over. The staff there were very slow to help him up. No wonder I rather go to Thailand for a holiday than spend my money in Aussie. Flight stops for one hour takes you up to 45min to go through the check through. I have changed to Singapore air as they also have good deals if you book ahead. Return to from CHCH to BKK 1300 NZD for my ticket open for six months. You only have to stop over in Singapore for 1 hour, or you can spend a few nights there if you want as they have some great hotels close to the airport where there’s plenty of action.

:rolleyes:

Wow that $890 flight with zuji is a fantastic deal. I always knew they discounted but wasnt sure it was that much. How easy was it to make a booking with them? I may use them next time.

I booked direct with thai as they had given me a voucher for $200 off my next flight because of a poor flight last time. This meant my ticket cost $799. Have booked for 28/7/05 for 6 weeks, any other kiwis in town then?

Longy

Hi longy, $890 is a good price BUT you cannot reserve a seat ,most likely end up at the back end of the plane.

Ticket only price now $ 929 with Thai Air with direct flight.

Hi Fonz,

Have just been in to the Flight Centre today and paid for my ticket.......Auck-B.kk. return, direct on 15th Sept. $999 + $69 Govt. tax= $1068. Departure tax is now payable $25 at the B.N.Z. bank in Auckland Airport. They no longer accept departure tax at the travel agencies, in this area...Too many c..k ups as people were getting double charged...here in B.O.P. and the airport.

Cheers lads....B.B.J. :angry:

Just contacted Flight centre and rebooked my October flight as price has been further reduced from $999 to $929 thai direct plus taxes at time of paying. They will hold seat at that price for 14 days with a deposit of $100.Also if anybody is lucky enough to be going to LOS in May/June Emirates have a promotion price $726 round trip Auck/Syd/Bangkok also available though Flight centre.

The $999 fare includes 4 nights in BKK

The $929 fare is for return ticket only

Had booked on the $999 price, but whe n I saw the 929 rang Flight at Albany and they gave me the lower price.

Said that they would ring me when payment was wanted.(They know me there)

Cheers:

Hot deal.

Thai Air, Auck/Syd/ BKK return $nz 699 plus fees.

Must travel by June 30.

Emirates $769 plus.

Got to be a price war started.

Fonz

Hi when I saw $699 I nearly fell off my chair. All work was put on hold and I phoned around to jump on board.

Problem though, where did you get your info? I phoned not only flight centre and holiday shoppe but also phoned Thai airways direct, nobody but nobody had heard of this deal. If you hve booked or know where I can obtain this price then please advise. Im not saying you are wrong but nobody will confirm.

Also the Emirates price doesnt include taxes and they charge close to $100 more than Thai do so its not such a great price.

Longy

Longy.

The quoted price of $699 was advertised in the Auck Herald March 26(the same that I posted it) by Flight Centre, they also quoted Brisbane one way $95 .

I rang and confirmed with Albany Flight Center before my post of March 30

Hope this helps.

CorrectionI rang and confirmed with Albany Flight Center before my post of March 30 should have been March 26.

Nodidn`t take up this as am going to Ptty Aug/Sept.

Cheers

Hi Guys,

Well I've just booked with Travel Smart flying with Emerates,having been with Emerates a couple of times likewise Thai Airways I'll take Emerates anytime,Price & service.Just my thoughts.Thanks

Fonz

nice one, I called Albany, they informed it was a $699 flight on Emirates and not on Thai. No good for me because of the airmiles.

See you are over there in Aug/Sep, i will be there myself. If you fancy meeting for a drink at any time while there then PM me.

Longy

Weird,first Emirates offer nz$769 then later nz#699.

Maybe the 769 was inclusive of fees.

Iain

What did you pay for your ticket

Longy,

I have just joined up with Thai Airways frequent flyer programme, should have done it ages ago as I have used them for the past 3years.

I understand it is gauged on air miles travelled, but I don't know too much about it. Iam flying Auck/Bangkok direct on 15th Sept. There is a possibility (pending on visas) that I will be bringing my TG back with me to N.Z.

Does her air miles get added to mine if it is me who pays for the ticket?

Thought I would ask as any info would be appreciated....Thanks

Regards....Ben Boat Jim.

Weird,first Emirates offer nz$769 then later nz#699.

Maybe the 769 was inclusive of fees.

Iain

What did you pay for your ticket

Hi Guys the total cost of the my fare was $865 including everything even Nz departure tax, Arrive 14/6 Leave 29/6.

Thanks

Just got back into AKL from BKK and Manila yesterday. Auckland customs gave me a real hardtime why do i travel so frequently to SE. Asia. held up 2.5 hrs whilst they searched for non-existant drugs. 2nd time this year. missed my flight to Wgtn but Air NZwere good this time.

Im on the thai milwe plan and am now a silver status, fast approaching Gold. Thai gave me a upgrade from bkk TO mnl. VERY NICE,

fLY BACK ON 19 jUNE. Told customs to look out for me as im going back.