Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Guest Winston_Churchill

dont know where your heading but make sure you walk out the airport to the taxi rank, its only outside the door, politely tell the touts to go away or you will get ripped off, join the queue for taxis if yo uwant to push in go upstairs to departures grab one ropping someone off,its no problems getting a taxi to bkk or pattaya at the airport just keep away from the touts they will even follow you to the taxi rank..

I wouldn't take a taxi since you don't know your way around Pattaya and most likely neither will the taxi driver. Look for reliable car and driver posts in this section and use one of the services recommended.

I've used Alex a number of times and have been satisfied with his service. Other guys have used him and were satisfied also. Some guys were not.

As its my first time in LOS i,m not sure about transportation/taxi services. :D :o

Since this is the first time in LOS I would suspect his comfort level will be higher with a car service where the driver is familiar with Pattaya. Then again some guys like dealing with the unknown after a long flight. Personally I'd rather get in a car and be driven straight to my hotel with no drama.

For 99.9% who has been to Pattaya before. Taxi can work real well. Unless you run into a driver who has gambling debts and kills you. 2guns

Print off the name and address ,

of the Hotel you or going to,

this will be on there web page ,

Take it to the taxi rank out side ,

the girl in the box , will write it down in Thai and then it's pass to the driver.

You will be offerd a taxi inside the airport,

Just say no thank you , and walk out .

Joe

Guest Winston_Churchill

If a guy like alex let 1 person down at the airport which according to this board he has a few times its enough for me. dunno why you keep pimping a guy who lets people down and is totally unreliable, i was trying to help the guy not leave him stranded at the airport as alex has done in the past :P

I wouldn't take a taxi since you don't know your way around Pattaya and most likely neither will the taxi driver. Look for reliable car and driver posts in this section and use one of the services recommended.

I've used Alex a number of times and have been satisfied with his service. Other guys have used him and were satisfied also. Some guys were not.

Winston_Churchill,

I take it English is not your native language as you seem to have a great deal of difficulty understanding what I've written. With regards to Alex you state he's totally unreliable. In this instance your flat out WRONG if he's totally unreliable that means he never shows up. He's always show up for me and many others. Be careful what you write.

I suggested he look in the reliable car and driver section and use one of the services recommend. Services as it is used is "plural" that means many services are recommended. I then went on and recommended Alex as I and many others have been satisfied with his service but I put in a caveat that some guys were not satisfied.

foggiepete wrote that he has never been to Pattaya and you seem to ignore or don't understand this fact and taking a taxi in a strange and unknown country with a driver who most likely speaks almost no English and is unfamiliar with Pattaya may not be the way to go. You should stop and think before you put your foot in your mouth with ill advised advice........

Many good points made in this thread.

1. A prearranged drive seems to work in most cases.

2. Joe had a good point about printing off your hotel info and giving it to the person manning the taxi stand booth outside the terminal (you’ll stand in line for a few minutes, but it moves quickly).

As stated above the touts inside the terminal will point you much more expensive transportation.

3. If you aren’t comfortable with the above options you can contact Thai Air Limo or Image Limo and pay a lot more (maybe overpay). Not my 1st choice but I remember my 1st trip and a lot can be said for peace of mind.

For 99.9% who has been to Pattaya before. Taxi can work real well. Unless you run into a driver who has gambling debts and kills you.  2guns

Not take'ing side"s in this pissing contest ,

But that remark make you sound like a scare monger, 2guns

and that's not you ?

Guest Winston_Churchill
Not take'ing side"s in this pissing contest ,

But that remark make you sound like a scare monger, :D

and that's not you ?

the taxi driver he,s on about took a passenger from PATTAYA NOT BKK AIRPORT.

Big D what percentage of members get a taxi from Pattaya to the airport ??zero????

You have lost the plot :D

the taxi driver he,s on about took a passenger from PATTAYA NOT BKK AIRPORT.

Big D what percentage of members get a taxi from Pattaya to the airport ??zero????

You have lost the plot :D

I don't know what % of members get a taxi from Pattaya to the airport at 800 baht plus tolls. I do know one and that's me. :D

Thanks for the advice guys I certainly will not use the touts but will probably use the taxi booth.

The touts are probably a bit daunting for a first time visitor but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the service they provide ......... a decent car with a decent driver at a decent price. Just make sure that they actually have a cab available for you there and then before handing over your cash. Oh, and their vehicles have a boot (trunk) that isn't taken up by an LPG tank and can actually accommodate more than one suitcase.

Tom

On arrival at Bkk I always go upstairs to departures and get in a taxi that has just dropped someone off and say you take me to Pattaya please and can you turn on meter, cost is usually about 1000baht plus tolls (about 150?), on my return from Pattaya I just go to one of the street boothes and order a taxi for 800baht plus tolls, never had a problem doing this and I've always given the driver a tip as the service has always been ok. I did have a problem once when going from Nana to Bkk, time was tight so I made sure to ask the driver to take the slip road near Nana and go on the expressway, guess what , he decided to take me on a mystery tour down Suk then he went left heading south it took me 10 minutes to get him to turn around and go the right way, I made him put his foot down as I was late which he did and got me there in the quickest time ever, cost was about 190 baht I think even with the detour , I put the detour down to a possible language mistake lol and gave him a 50 baht tip for which he was very gratefull.

Anyway, Foggiepete it's a breeze nothing easier just keep your wits about you and don't leave all your money in the taxi he! he! have a safe trip. :eyecrazy

The touts are probably a bit daunting for a first time visitor but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the service they provide ......... a decent car with a decent driver at a decent price.  Just make sure that they actually have a cab available for you there and then before handing over your cash.  Oh, and their vehicles have a boot (trunk) that isn't taken up by an LPG tank and can actually accommodate more than one suitcase.

Tom

Tom

If I can just emphasis your point.

Last trip arrived at Don Muang and did not book the usual hotel pick up as my mate said on the previous trip it was too expensive at 2000 baht. (Of course soon as we got there he said "Take it the Hotel are picking us up.") :grin

Arrived around 7AM on China and got ambushed by the usual cheap suited taxi tout guys. (They are pushy but not too intimidating.)

One quoted 2500 baht to Pattaya. So my cheap Charlie mate says "What do you think". B)

I said to the "suit" that for 2500 baht expected that the fare was to Pattaya via Chiang Mai.

Anyway the fare ended up at 1600 baht including tolls. The "suit" climbed down from 2500 baht very quick.

Had a wait of about 10 mins. at some car park entrance.

The taxi driver went at the speed of light down to Pattaya. BUT we never felt unsafe as he just drove very fast on the expressway/toll way where there was very little traffic.

Funnily enough in Bangkok EVERY junction he came to had traffic lights and he ALWAYS turned left no matter what colour the lights were on. (Usually red.) B)

Moral of the tale is that fares are negotiable. Seems IMHO that a reasonable "fare" from the airport is between 1000 baht and 2000 baht.

But this will depend on the level of "service" involved. For instance a Mercedes Benz driven by the Thai equivalent of Michael Schumacher including Thai stunner's "taking good care of falang" then a fare of in excess of 2000 baht must be anticipated. :beer

Chok dee kaaaaap

Top_Cat