Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

My first post on a fabulous website ............ gulp !!!

The western life of liberal banality has been getting to me and now is the time to get the hell out and rehumanise myself. What better place than Pattaya i think.

I know ..... I know ... its only make believe i hear and if you get hooked then there is no hope, especially when the money runs out !!!.

However, i dont see any wrong by living in Pattaya, having a nice quiet Thai girlfriend, maybe buy a house together and trade the London Stock Market during the evening to earn a crust. I plan to sell up here in UK July 2007

Any constructive views on the subject or experiences i might share

ps ..... i go to Pattaya for my holidays 4 weeks in the year for the last few years so am not a complete newbie :-)

Thanks in advance

Edited by vanhalen

That's my plan, more or less, except that it'll happen this time next year, the summer of 2006. I've thought a lot about it and come to the same conclusion every time: why not? I can reduce my monthly outlay to just a few items: rent, electric, internet, cell phone, food. Of course, there's the girls, but that's discretional spending. I'm tired of the rat race and can leave, so I will.

Rex

Is it retirement if you have to EARN a living? <laugh I work with a few guys that said they retired before but now they are back working for a living. Maybe they did have enough money stashed away and working for them so that they didn't have to work again, but I think they thought they could gamble/trade investments for a living and wound up losing their bankroll.

There are lots of guys that do nothing but trade stocks for a living and that is a job whether you do it with your money or someone else's. Now if you are sitting at home getting a check or checks once or twice a month even if you lay in bed all day, that is retired. I would even go so far as to say that if you only have to call your "broker" once or twice a week than you are retired. BUT, if you have to read the finacials and make trades or at least check on your current portfolio on a daily basis, you have not retired because every day you HAVE to do it. Retirement is NOT HAVING to do anything other than eating, shitting and paying some taxes :unsure:

Best of luck if you decide to go for it. My "dream" is to make enough playing internet poker. I am meeting my current hourly minimums now, but doing it on a daily basis with the stress of HAVING TO WIN is different than bringing in several hundred a month after the bills are already paid. I know because I "retired" like that once too while playing what would be considered pretty low-limit poker. While I was able to scratch out a living, when the COBRA ran out, the increase in insurance expenses put a wrench in my budget. This time though, the truck and credit cards are paid off and my bankroll is big enough to support higher limits, so if I can get my ex to let me reimburse her for putting our son on the group insurance her company offers I will have significantly less financial responsibilities and greater income opportunities.

Edited by PokerUpFront

Vanhalen,

Hello and welcome to the board. That sounds like a plan, go for it when you feel ready. I hope to do the same thing in about 6 1/2 years but i'd still want a house in the states, i couldn't live in LOS 365 days a year, i'd go nutts.

Chok dee to you.

cheers

kj

Dear All

Thank you kindly for your input and welcoming comments. I am afraid my trading pattern is approx 10 - 20 trades per month depending on how volatile the markets are, so hopefully wont be sitting all day in an internet cafe glued to a screen :rolleyes:

However, i expect i will log onto my favourite stockmarket website www.advfn.com and messenger to speak to my buddies each afternoon prior to market opening to get the latest news and react accordingly ....... so semi retirement i suppose.

Really looking forward to a new lease in life and would hope to catch up with a few of you later for a beer or visa run.

Kind regards and take good care

ps .... my email address is vanhalen5150@hotmail.com for a chat maybe

Edited by vanhalen
Now if you are sitting at home getting a check or checks once or twice a month even if you lay in bed all day, that is retired.

I've been retired for 14 years come August. Walked out the door when I was 44. Ya know it's funny, I've never missed going to work once. :unsure: I get two pension checks a month. Ya baby.