Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Sunshine Vista Serviced Apartments

Just sent a query to Sunshine V.S.A. regarding booking etc for October,recieved a very prompt reply and was well satisfied with the prices quoted for the quality.However was not willing to make FULL payment 2 weeks prior to my arrival this seems to be a very stupid policy especially in the low season.

Whilst I can see the point in maybe a 10% deposit requirement this full advance sight unseen seems to me to be "taking the piss". :finger :P :clap1

Further to my posts going back 18 months, all these changes have been brought on people by others including those on this board. They book rooms, even in high season and then never show, even deliberately booking rooms at numerous hotels.

It ain't funny nor clever and all it does it put the price up and forces owners to make demands such as full prepayment. Then we hear tales of woe from the same people - not aiming this at you stevoman.

If you haven't stayed there before, offer them 1 nights accommodation charge. They will probably accept. As you know, anything regarding building work could change between now and October.

I don't agree with their position but I do fully appreciate why they are doing it.

Hi stevoman

I Have stayed at sunshine vista many times and will be doing so again in october as well ,i am curoius as to what rate they offered you by e mail.

Tell me to mind my own business if you want .lol

I always book my room from the RES24 link at the top of this page and always get a good price 900 baht for a single supeior room ,the prices might be better than they have offered you .

Regards

Matty

I have also stayed at Sunshine Vista Serviced Apartments (SVSA) many times, and always book throught res24.org.

Always asked to pay deposit and then full balance 4 weeks prior to arrival, and Ihave never had a problem with it.

But then I have never wanted to change hotels during my stay so no worries for me!

From a perspective of a business traveler, paying ahead can be a lot of trouble when you make a complaint about the hotel, or you are not satisfied with service or better yet, one of the maids decides to steal from you.

This practice only holds true in LOS as they do not expect full payment in other cities unless you want a discounted rate in order to get a prepayment discount.

Somehow, I am wary, but at the same time, you have to accept that this seems to be the norm lately in LOS due to many farangs ruining the internet reservation system.

Hi stevoman

I Have stayed at sunshine vista many times and will be doing so again in october as well ,i am curoius as to what rate they offered you by e mail.

Tell me to mind my own business if you want .lol

I always book my room from the RES24 link at the top of this page and always get a good price 900 baht for a single supeior room ,the prices might be better than they have offered you .

Regards

Matty

Offered me 900BHT per night for Superior room.

So if an agent, who is getting a commission charges Bt900 then the hotel should charge you less than Bt900 as they do not have to pay a commission.

Rather than asking for further discount, perhaps ask for a better room.

Hi T,

You would expect that to be the case ... But the Sunshine Vista wouldn't negotiate at all with me when I popped in there a few months ago. They wouldn't even give me the RES24 rate at the front desk and instead stuck to a higher rate than that but told me to book one night and the remainder through RES24!!??

Maybe I didn't speak to the manager or the right person and my negotiaton skills are obviously not up to the mark!!

It was very frustrating and in the end I just walked ...

Cheers,

C.

I like the looks of the Sunshine Vista Serviced Apartments, but I've heard they only change the sheets twice a week. Is there anyway to pay them to do it daily?

Tipping the maids always gets you better treatment, give her a few bob and ask her to change sheets daily for you

Thats the way to go. Get hold of the maid on day one, ask for more towels as 2 is never enough and give her a couple of hundred baht. repeat this after a few days and you'll get whatever you want for the duration of your stay. If 2 maids, tip them both.

I will be at the Sunshine vista next week for my 4th stay. I love the place, vry clean, good location and great staff.For my 1st long stay of 6 weeks, booked directly with them over the internet They asked for one month deposit...I balked at an international money transfer (Can to Thai) and instead sent my Visa # by fax to hold the room. All went well. Short term stays I book through and get the 900 bht rate with never a problem. For subsequent long term stays once they know you, just book and reconfirm a month or so before you go.

I agree with the other posters.... 200 Baht to the maid once a week brings clean sheets and extra towels every day. Last Jan. when my wife was with me it even brought fresh flowers every couple for days.

Of all the places I have stayed in Pattaya, this place is hard to beat.

Can anyone tell me If the standard rooms have king size beds or do they just push two singles together,am sure others would also like to know.

Thanking you kindly.

Can anyone tell me If the standard rooms have king size beds or do they just push two singles together,am sure others would also like to know.

Thanking you kindly.

Fonz King size beds .

Matty

Hi again Matty.

Just had a quote through r24 for 16 nights

Room rate 900 B

Stay 16 nights pay 14 nights =12600 B

I understand if you stay 14 nights you pay for 12.

Cheers

No tea money for guests

Very guest friendly hotel.

Always have good deals on aswell - usually get at least 2 nights free on most trips so all good.

Nice location - you can go to the bottom of the soi and get a baht bus to walking street - or if you want to get their quicker take a moto taxi.

Very close to Big C and cinemas, restaurants and shops - all in a very good location

Nice one w3b, I hear you can hire BG or GGG, for interpreter etc for the week whats the going rate or is it negotiable ?

Mate

You need to ask that sort of information in the members area!!