Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 238 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Hi

My husband and I are heading to Pataya for a long weekend at the end of October for my fortieth birthday. We would like a very nice hotel not too big though or maybe a nice villa with facilities. Something with a good sea view would be great and not too far from the action although that’s not a priority.

Any suggestions welcome

Thanks

Barbara

Hands down, the poshest place local to Pattaya with 5* facilities and great ocean views would be the Royal Cliff.

http://www.royalcliff.com/

For a more of a romantic but also somehwat upscale with a Thai flair, the C&C and Sugar Hut mentioned above are great recommendations.

Hub

PS, Happy 40th, I'll be celebrating mine a few weeks later in LOS as well.

Edited by Hub

Have to agree with Hub, the Royal Cliff Beach Resort is by far your best bet.

The Resort consists of 4 different properties in one, as you will see from their website. The Royal Wing is particuarly exclusive but with a price tag to match.

The Royal Cliff Terrace is a good value alternative.

Not sure if you are booking as a package deal? If not, you will find the best rates for the RC on: www.asiarooms.com.

Regards

PSP

:D

Thanks guys you've been very helpful

The Royal Cliff beach is looking Favourite in the Royal wing we used to live in Ireland and before Hong Kong and hotels there are not much cheaper but the standard is dire so the price seems not bad to us.

Regards

Barbara

You`ll need a taxi everytime you want to do something if you stay at the Royal Cliff, it`s agreat hotel (voted best in asia), but taxi rides is boring!!!! :banghead

The Hard Rock is definetly the best upscale hotel in Pattaya for a western tourist.

www.hardrockhotelpattaya.com :clueless

You`ll need a taxi everytime you want to do something if you stay at the Royal Cliff, it`s agreat hotel (voted best in asia), but taxi rides is boring!!!! :cry1

The Hard Rock is definetly the best upscale hotel in Pattaya for a western tourist.

www.hardrockhotelpattaya.com    :D

Hi Yousee

The RC has it's own Limosuine Service so no problem there and Baht Buses will take you up there if you negotiate a little bit over the normal fare.

Regards

PSP

:D

Thanks guys you've been very helpful

The Royal Cliff beach is looking Favourite in the Royal wing we used to live in Ireland and before Hong Kong and hotels there are not much cheaper but the standard is dire so the price seems not bad to us.

Regards

Barbara

Concur with the others - the Royal Wing is definitely THE best place to stay in Pattaya. The last I heard the rack rates were around 13-14K baht but as it is low season you will probably get it for little more than half that. I haven't stayed there for a while but they used to run at around 20% occupancy at this time of year, so you have a fair bit of bargaining power.

If they won't play ball then there is a board member here that I can put you in touch with who can get you a rate that's around the 7K mark.

Cheers

Pie

P.S. Yousee - Whilst the Hard Rock is reasonably well located the fact is that, given the state of Beach Road and its traffic (especially at weekends), it will probably take you longer to get from there to Walking Street than it would from the Royal Cliff 7 times out of 10. I live next door to the RC and it takes me about 3-4 mins to get to the car park I use by WS.

Edited by Pieman

Barbara:

I sent you an IM on how to get Royal Wing for 7K/night.

Yousee:

I stayed at HR last trip and was not too impressed for price as room was quite small and no view.

Hello, you have everything in Siam Bayshore with the oceanview rooms. Is in the

end of walking street, the Siam bayview is on beach road is good too with the deluxe rooms, together to see in

Siamhotels.com. But if a have a choice the Montien hotel on beach road offer great view and excellent view and great Garden.Montien.com/pattaya

barabra,

I would agree with piero,

you should check out siam bayshore. I have never been to cliif resorts but I understand they are very nice, but they are a bit out of the way not a big deal. the siam hotels bkk and pattaya are very nice and can be gotten for a moderate price. The bayshore property is very good. 2guns 2guns

Tom;

Didn't know that one opened. R U going to use some points for a stay and give us a report?

Hub

Hub,

I only ever got free stays when I was a member of Thai's ROP Programme but I gave up on them a couple of years ago. Now I'm with Qatar the mileage accumulation and redemption is very good but they don't yet extend to Thai hotels. I keep watching Priceline to see if it appears but no such luck yet. :P

It certainly looks the biz if you had the right girl along but for me it would have to be a cash job unfortunately. :cry2

Tom