Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

All this hype about the Bird Flu, only serves to keep the real bad news off the TV, and the front pages of our newspapers. How and when, are George Bush and Tony Blair going to sort out the mess that they have created , in Iraq?

thechairman18

Yep, that's also another good way of looking at it.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit, and of course you can guarantee that the media will lap it up, nothing they like more than a scare story.

• 2 weeks later...

I read on another post that someone has just got back from pattaya and he said it was dead-not many tourists about(i know its not yet high season) but maybe more people are staying away from thailand because of bird flu.

Doesnt bother me in the slightest this bird flu shite as its reached germany now, not long till it hits England proper style and we all run the risk of being infected(im talking as an english man)

As i said it doesnt bother me(more BGs for me)

Just how serious is the threat?

DO I NEED TO BE CAREFUL WHEN I VISIT THAILAND IN DECEMBER??????????

All i know is im gonna go to thailand but eating chicken is off the menu and as for stroking those bloody rats with wings(not that i ever have) im not going near them.

Dont have nightmares folks.

:grin-jump :grin-jump :beer :beer :chogdee2 :chogdee2

Edited by farman

I don't think that is the case, most farangs travel a long way, and its not cheap to get there.

Which means, I suspect that most of us plan well ahead, rather than a spur of the moment decision.

I'm coming over on 5th Dec for 4 weeks, and it will not put me off.

thechairman18

Which means, I suspect that most of us plan well ahead, rather than a spur of the moment decision.

I'm coming over on 5th Dec for 4 weeks, and it will not put me off.

thechairman18

Chairman,

I don't think you planned this trip that well as the 5th of December is the Kings Birthday and subsequently, all the bars will be closed on the day you arrive. Not a great way to start a holiday! :3some This is MUCH worse than the chance of getting the bird flu!

(Don't worry too much as there will be FL's all over the place :chogdee2 )

How inconsiderate of the King, to have his Birthday, and close all the bars, the day I'm coming over.

I hope they don't lock the mini bar in my hotel room.

BTW, I think all Thai girls have caught Bird 'Flu, as they always seem Peckish :banghead

2guns

thechairman18