Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Hi,

Bought a house in Undon Thani, moving up in two weeks time, and was wondering if any board member lives up there. I would like to know if there is any expat clubs etc, I've done a search on the board but can't find much. If anyone has any suggestions about U.T. and where to go in the town i would be grateful to hear from them.

Cheers Doug.

Hi,

Bought a house in Undon Thani, moving up in two weeks time, and was wondering if any board member lives up there. I would like to know if there is any expat clubs etc, I've done a search on the board but can't find much. If anyone has any suggestions about U.T. and where to go in the town i would be grateful to hear from them.

Cheers Doug.

Let's know how you get on. I'm hoping to start my search for somewhere permanent to live in Thailand next month - possibly in Udon Thani.

Alan

Hi Doug

I'm just down the road from you at "The Meetig Place" in Nongkhai.

Drop by when you have settled in and I will help in any way I can.

Look forward to seeing you soon.

Regards

PSP

<grin

I'm interested in Undon Thani as well. The site ThaiLoveLinks (dating site) has many, many beautiful women from there. Looking forward to any information you can post...must be much cheaper to live there as opposed to Pattaya.

I'm interested in Undon Thani as well.  The site ThaiLoveLinks (dating site) has many, many beautiful women from there.  Looking forward to any information you can post...must be much cheaper to live there as opposed to Pattaya.

Hi Wedge

This dating site also has many women from Udon and Nongkhai:

Thai Girl Single

Regards

PSP

:rolleyes:

PM hawk with your phone number. I will tell him to read his messages and call you. He has been living in Udon for the last 2 years. Last time I talked to him he kept saying that they are building beer bars and go go up there so fast he can't believe it. I think he knows every place in udon. He said several new ones have opened up in the last 6 months. This from a married man that does drink. I wonder what he could be doing in those places. :rolleyes:

Last time i was there was a year ago. Although there were some beer bars and a gogo most of the action seemed to be Karoke bars.

There are also wham bam thank you mam places up there. St is 150 baht for thai and 300 baht for farang includes room and girl. Many of the girls in those houses are from Laos. I stayed away from them becuase I have heard that there are underage girls there. Not my cup of tea. :clap2

Hi,

Thanks every one for all your help, I fly to Udon on the 21 of this month so i should have a hectic couple of weeks until i've settled in and then I will send you reports about the place.

Was there for a week before christmas and fell in love with the place, I looked at many properties and settled for a new 3 bedroom 2 bathroom bungalow that is near the airport and on the ring road. The cost with taxes, furn., hot water, air con. and the garden done was 1,080,000B about a quarter off the price for sim. prop. in Pattaya. Been out at night with the girl friends sister and the prices were a lot cheaper than Pat. Besides this I liked the place and the people.

Cheers Doug.

doolish,

Is your home in a development? Great price on a new home. I plan on visiting Udorn in the near future.

doolish,

Lots of USAF guys left over in Udon from the airbase in the seventies. I don't have a link to hand but I am sure there are some well-established ex-pat clubs up there. A quick google search should turn them up.

Tom

Doolish,

If the Singaporean air force was not flying out of Udon when you choose and bought your house you may be in for a bone rattling suprise when they turn for the next exercise.

Nice golf course at the Thai airforce base though.

John

Hi,

BigD, Yes its on a new development They had 6 two bed and 6 3 bed houses built.

Most have been sold as they were selling at a special price, and I don't think that any future house will come with Furn, etc. The place is called Maliwan Villa, and is on the ring road about two kilometers from electricity place on the 210.

Landy. The place is not right on top of the airport, but if it was it would not worry me. Spent 20 years working on a R.A.F fighter base with 3 squadrons of fighters and one squad. of air sea rescue. This was followed by 12years with B.A. so grew immune to the noise the only trouble we had was interfference with T.V. reception.

C.T. will follow up your suggestion.

Cheers Doug.

Hi, Bongo Bill,

Incorrect, We had to have ear tests, along with others every 6 months and i can assure you that apart from my hearing going through old age, i'm 66, my hearing is good. It's funny but the high frequencies of jets does not trouble me yet I once had a house near to a river and I could not stand it. If i had a billion bhat i would purchase a house of my dreams but i can expect to hear a complaint from some one that it had a fault.

Cheers Doug.

Doolish, congrats on your purchase. I think I know the developement. You will enjoy Udon Thani, it is a nice place to live

John