Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Where to live for 6 months pattaya or Jomtien

I have been to phuket but never to pattaya and im not familiar whatsoever, but from reading this board i get the idear that there are two main areas. Pattaya beach area and Jomtien. Im looking at long term rental and want to know anyones opinion which would be the better area to live, allso how long will it take by the baht bus to get from one to the other and the cost, a bit more than 10 baht i expect? thanks.

depends what you want. Both areas have plenty of long term accomadations. Jomtiem has some beer bars etc but doesn't have the go go or near as many bars as pattaya. If you want to be somewhere you can go to a nice beach everyday them Jomtien is better. plenty of restuarants both places. Are you after golf 3 times a week. If so then that will influence where you want to stay. (you may want to be more inland and nearer the courses. To really decide you will need to put out more parameters. And residence gardens also has long term rentals. :angry2 :thumbup

Don't forget Naklua area it have some nice condos too and some have direct acess to the beach and it's not far from Pattaya. My favorite area is certainly North Pattaya and if you like tower, in the Markland hotel, soi 1, it's possible to rent a large room (about 45 sqm) for about 16'000 bahts a month.

I usually rent in Jomtien. I like to be able to get away from the Pattaya craziness when I need a break. The only problem with Jomtien is you have to go over that bloody hill every time you want to get into town. Next time, I'm going to try Naklua (North Pattaya). It has action of its own, quieter beaches, and is quite close to the "Big C" and other shopping areas -- and of course, all the party Sois and bar complexes on Second Road :beer

On thing, if you do rent in Jomtien and are looking on line, you'll see "View Talay" everywhere. My condo got broken into on Christmas, :D as did 4 others, and break ins are so common there, it doesn't even raise an eyebrown. :clap2 Make sure wherever you rent, the entrance is very secure.

Going from Jomtien-Pattaya the cost on the baht bus is still just 10B 24/7. Baht bus drivers will like to tell you other prices, in case you ask them -- but asking just tells them you really don't know.

I haven't had any break-in experience since being at View Talay. There are plenty of security cameras now on each floor on each bulding though since last year.

I haven't had any break-in experience since being at View Talay. There are plenty of security cameras now on each floor on each bulding though since last year.

Sorry, I should have specified. I was in View Talay 2. Building 1 has put in security cameras, and that stopped the break ins -- although they used to have their share, too, from what I've been told by long-term tennants. View Talay 2, on the other hand, is still a free-for-all, particularly around busy holiday times. When I was there, an American guy on the 3rd floor actually had his door ripped open with a crowbar -- through a deadbolt and regular lock.

On the other hand, the guy was notorious for bringing chicks home and showing off his expensive computer and cash stash. They got him between his regular-as-clockwork 9 to 10PM evening jog, so he reckons the "security" guys there were in on it. Anyway, I stand corrected. Yes, View Talay 1 has less problems with break ins. But until building 2 gets cameras, look elsewhere. :finger

Thanks for all the advice so far. I was considering Viewtalay because there seems to be condo's all over the net for rent there. And I would like a place not over 12,000 baht a month. And I would like something not too far from Tony's gym, but as long as I can get there by baht bus I dont mind.

If u want to be near Tony's gym,try J&P court,its a hotel but the best budget hotel in patters.the gym is no more than 150 mtrs away.

i stayed there for 3 mnths and negotiated a price of 15000B a mnth.maybe u can get for a lil less for 6 mnth stay.

id recommend it to anyone.

If u want to be near Tony's gym,try J&P court,its a hotel but the best budget hotel in patters.the gym is no more than 150 mtrs away.

i stayed there for 3 mnths and negotiated a price of 15000B a mnth.maybe u can get for a lil less for 6 mnth stay.

id recommend it to anyone.

Hey thanks for the heads up, can you describe the room a little for me.

hi again,

the rooms at J&P are a lil basic probably around 28 sq mtrs,with a large double bed,fitted wardrobe as u enter the room then fridge and a unit that houses the tv and finally a table and 2 chairs,all rooms above ground floor have balconies.all rooms r cleaned daily also fresh bedding and towels and complimentary bottled water.

the hotel staff r very friendly and helpful,security is good,guests r required to leave their ids at reception unless u make it known the girl is ok and u get a polite phone call to check everything is ok before the girl gets it back.

here r 2 links the first has pix of the hotel(tho they havent made the best of them). the second is the reviews from this site.

http://www.rongraem-pattaya.com/jpcourt/

http://www.pattayapages.com/reviewpost/sho...=7&cat=4&page=2

its my intention to actually live there by the end of 2006 so u can see i enjoyed my 3 mnths.one warning book early its very popular.good luck and enjoy.

try J&P court,its a hotel but the best budget hotel in patters.the gym is no more than 150 mtrs away.

S & P looks great.

I checked the links on subsequent posts -- it says it's on Soi Diana. I tried to google it, but can't find a number or map. Any suggestions?

J&P court,is on Soi Lengkee which forms a crossroad with the top of Soi Diana and

Soi Buakhou.........so it about 150 yrd from Areca lodge.

it can be found on this map.....http://www.rongraem-pattaya.com/map/pattaya-map.gif

It's an excellkent hotel, but always seems to be full, nice place, nice staff and swimming pool also, security boxes are at reception. Only problem I had, is that there is no hot water tap in the sink, cold only, a nuaisance when shaving and the shower is low down, at about 5 foot height. But that is a small inconvenience for an otherwise excellent hotel

12000B per mnth might be just a little on the low side.

You were originally looking to rent condo,so if you take into account charges for electricity and water,also the hassle and cost of bedding laundry ect.J&P with all of these included is a good deal at say....14000-15000B.

Another thing in its favour(for you) it is less than 2 mins walk from Tonys Gym,so no hassle travelling to and from,and its closer to all the action :D :unsure: :eyecrazy