Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Lek Hotel - any recent reviews?

Hi I stayed at the Lek hotel soi12 for 9 nights from February 10th and another 5 nights early March this year.

I booked via internet requested standard room new wing, quoted 1200bht per night.

Check-in(about 19.00 time) smooth and polite. No deposit asked for.Overall very pleased with my stay there, i also stayed at Dynasty Inn and Whitehouse Condotel.

Room at Lek reasonable size,large bed comfortable to me.water pressure and temperature good,had shower and bath. In-room safe(please bear in mind room at old wing about 750/850 baht may have less facilities,sorry if I state the obvious)

Room always cleaned well. Mini bar prices incredibly low, e.g.small Coke 10bht,water 10bht, heineken beer 35 or 40 bht. Guest friendly,no fee

I would stay again,rate the service highly,but just 2 minor points ,1st room i stayed at the TV reception was poor,2nd room good. Air-con leaked once in 1st room was fixed next day. same happened 2nd room,requiring fixing more than once. This did not really bother me and I don`t intend it as a criticism,just relaying my experience(as I said I would stay again)I like the location and the friendly service.Check-out both times was smooth,minibar bill accurate.

Hope this helps,enjoy your trip!

Old wing has the same facilities as the new wing but it is a little more worn,and I have no problem staying there,have done for the last 2 years a total of 14 weeks I would not pay the extra for the new wing

i also stayed at Dynasty Inn and Whitehouse Condotel.

Hi EnglishPaul

I've only stayed at the old Lek many years ago, before the new wing was built. Stopped staying there once the AA opened.

I'll be back in May, the first time for 3 years, and like to stay around soi 13.

As you have stayed at all 3 recently, how would you rate the Lek's new wing against the Dynasty Inn and Whitehouse Condotel?

Cheers

CyberSpud

Hi CyberSpud, I think quite a difficult choice but in my case i stayed 9 nights Lek then 4 nights each in Dynasty Inn and Whitehouse Condotel,then went back to the Lek which was my favourite.

Please note only my opinion,but service best at Lek,very closely followed by Dynasty(where I have stayed 4 times before),Whitehouse 3rd. In room safe at Whitehouse had no instructions was only 3 number code to open(instaad of 6 at Lek) No instructions for telephone.,would not bring my bags down from room,tried to charge an incorrect mini-bar bill(that was sorted OK),water in shower started off hot,then ran cold,then hot again.Sounds like I`m tearing into the Whitehouse but it did have in my opinion the most comfortable bed,quietest and most efficient air-con,against the few niggling problems that in fairness to them someone else staying there might not encounter.It is also the newest of the 3 hotels. If you are a smoker(cigarettes!) there is a sign asking you to only smoke on the balcony,not in the room,don`t suppose they are able to enforce this.

Lek has swimming pool,as you probably know,Dynasty also but very small,no pool at Whitehouse. Lek(new wing) and Whitehouse have in-room safe,Dynasty lockboxes at reception,available 24 hours

Despite my criticisms of Whitehouse I would stay at any of the 3 hotels again(like you I like the location),but Lek or Dynasty would be my preference. I`m sure other people will have different opinions

Hope this helps,any specific questions,don`t hesitate to post,I`ll try to answer.

Have a Good Trip!!

Thanks for your opinions EnglishPaul.

The showers in the Whitehouse look great, but I do like a bath, so that's probably enough to rule this one out for me. But they do get a plus for in-room ADSL. The sign about only smoking on the balcony......LOL! and a three digit safe code...even a bladdered farang could sort that out in a couple of minutes, so for a savvy BG...seconds!

The wood panelling in the Dynasty looks good, just like the DI in Bangkok that I've stayed at before.

Out of interest, as you tried all of these out, have you stayed at the AA Residence also and if so, how do you rate this against these 3? I liked the biggish rooms there and the wooden panelling, but some of thier rooms look out on to another building that's only feet away, and if they're now building on the other side too....just makes it feel a bit claustrophobic!

I must admit that I'm a creature of habit and unless there is a reason to, I tend to stick to the places I know, the same hotels, the same bars, the same eating places, etc, etc! Might sound a bit boring, but it keeps me happy!

Apart from the smaller places, soi 13 offered the Lek and the AA, but now the buggers are spoiling us for choice. But due to the Thai reluctance to maintain their hotels, a newer choice always seems better.

I'm bound to be going to and from Pattaya a few times in the 4 weeks, so I might follow suit and try them all out for a few days.

Cheers

CyberSpud

Hi All CyberSpud glad the info was useful.no I have never stayed at the AA Residence,maybe when you come back from your trip you can tell us how it compares with whatever ones/s you stay at. I`m a bit similar to you,tend to stick to same areas hotel ,bars etc. but this trip I changed that a bit and was glad I did.In future trips nice to have some back-up hotels in case 1st choice not available.Sorry slightly off-topic but also tried bars that I hadn`t been to before as well as going to ones I was already familiar with.

Agree on point about lack of maintenance, I think a shame that sometimes a hotel starts off very good when new then declines but I suppose considering what to me at least seem like very low room rates it`s going to happen.

All this is making me wish I was going back out there soon! I`ll just have to work a bit harder to make the next trip another good one.

I can't say I enjoyed my stay at the Lek hotel. I stayed at the old-wing and thought the place looked a bit dead. Very grey and had some dodgy red crapet there, plus the TV had poor reception, and the phone didn't work either!

But saying that, most people that I know have stayed there, have all said great things about the place.

Check it out yourself, but don't make the same mistake and get a room in the old wing!

I agree with Hardeep. Was there in the begining of February in the new wing. Too me this place is a dump. The carpet looked old, the end tables looked old, the lamp shades looked like someone smashed the crap out of it and it was never replaced.

The good things were no joiner fee, very cheap mini bar, the laundry is cheap, in room safe, a decent sized refridgerator.

If you book in the new wing and want a balcony make sure to ask for the pool side of the wing, or you will just see 2nd Road and Soi 12 from your window...beautiful. However to me choosing hotels is like the way people choose girls some like them some don't, so it's kinda up to you if you want to take the chance.

Oh well :cussing :clueless