Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

i will be in the los for 3 weeks at begining of april. i would like to do a bit of fishing from the pier. now i know the one near walking st is a wreck but anyone know about the other one ? first of all is it allowed and if so what might i catch. im not a serious fisher but do like to do a bit whilst on holiday. also what is the best bait to use ?

any advice would be very much appriciated

l

I had a walk around the new pier thinking about fishing myself but no one was fishing either its a waste of time or not allowed not sure. But you always see people fishing of the old pier

thanks neil. i have seen the old pier and it dont look very safe to me just a load of rusty girders bolted together like a pier that has been stripped during a storm or something.

i ve got just under 2 weeks before i go and im sure someone on here will enlighten me a little before then.

thanks neil. i have seen the old pier and it dont look very safe to me just a load of rusty  girders bolted together like a pier that has been stripped during a storm or something.

i ve got just under 2 weeks before i go and im sure someone on here will enlighten me a little before then.

Hi flop,the thais fish off the rocks and piers only for tiny fish,cause thats all thats there,there are plenty of group fishing days out available about 600 a day .

me and my mates use to hire a big old boat from bali hai pier for 5000 all day,[maybe more now]live squid ,and we always caught big fish trevally,cobia snapper,

so check it out when you get here .

paul

Hi floppyjack, i arrive on the 20th april,so if your still in town mail me we can go fishing,but if not the Fishing pier on Nakula 12 rd , is a very long fishing pier and quiet ,its where the fishing boats tie up and you can get a bit of squid for bait.

When you arrive if you check out some of the euro bars they have trips posted on broads outside their bars, this way you can ask at the bar who else is going and ask to join then for the day

I have seen a couple of trips on broads at the bottom of soi 8, can't remenber the name.

You could post on this site, saying your be in town on these dates and ask fellow menbers if they want to join you for a fishing trip for the day and share the cost.

One bar that does organize fishing trips (with Captain Dang) is the Shamrock Bar pattayaland Soi 2 opposite the Penthouse Hotel. I have been on a few and they usually cost about 1000baht for the day including packup start at 6am from second pier and you get back about 6pm. Captail Dang is very good at finding the fish as his boat has all the latest equipment and a big bonus is saftey there are enough life vests on the boat for everyone (just in case) Take your own beer and ladies no problem.

Floopy there are speed boats along beach rd ,that also take using rods about 2000.

there quicker but normally only get smaller fish then the big boats.go for a walk

Hi Phil.(floppyjack) i get to pattaya around 11am on the 6th of April (hopefully no delays).Shout the name of a bar,location and a time and we will meet for a couple of beers and a chat and get something organised .Im staying on soi 13. Cheers mate.

Im gonna be in Patts on the 28th march and am keen to do a bit of fishing in the days. Been fishing in Phuket and it was awesome (heaps of albacore, stripeys etc.). Don't know whats its like in PTY but am keen to try.

Keen to join in any planned trips.

hi bazz and lennie.

i will be staying at annajet's place on soi 7 near to 2nd rd so lenny if you want to come there about 7ish on the 25th and we will have a beer and discuss it.

bazz i will meet you on the 7th at about 7pm ish to arrange something or even the 6th if your there.

see ya soon

Hi Floppyjack.Will see you on the 6th April at 7pm ish at anne jet.I know it as i was in there at Christmas as i stayed at the Sunbeam on soi 8.I will look out for a bloke in a Man. city top.Im quite recognisable. 5'8" in height,short dark hair,15 and a half stone bodybuilder.A Wednesday fan but wont be wearing the top.........lol.

Look forward to meeting you mate.The first beers on me!!!!!

No worries boys - Phil I'll look out for the man city shirt. Annajet 7pm 29-mar. Not sure what I'll be wearing yet, but I'm a 6'4 bald aussie cunt - you can't miss me.

Looking forward to some beers with baz too. see yas soon

• 5 weeks later...

baz. if you read this im really sorry didnt meet you as arranged. i could make a thousand and one excuses but basically got pissed in the afternoon and slept till about 11 that night. hope you have a great time anyway.

lenny my email is kirby476@yahoo.co.uk

let me know what happened you know what i mean ?

phil