Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Im planning to visit KK on my upcoming trip, as I understand it Thai are the only carriers that operate domestic flights to there,find it surprising considering it is the 3rd largest city in Thailand. I been on their web page and I can get a round trip from BKK for 4230 baht, thats cheap by western standards Id like to know if anyone else as made the same trip and got it for less?..and how would I go about booking it once I am in Thailand?

You may make your air purchase online or at the counter at the domestic terminal. I know not of any other airline then Thai Air that flies to KK.

There is another option that I myself have been considering ... the train. An overnighter from BKK will save one night's room rate plus the cost is considerably less than that one airline that flies to KK.

You may make your air purchase online or at the counter at the domestic terminal. I know not of any other airline then Thai Air that flies to KK.

There is another option that I myself have been considering ... the train. An overnighter from BKK will save one night's room rate plus the cost is considerably less than that one airline that flies to KK.

nice nick.....howzit

try airasia, book online in advance, can be the cheapest, but reliability may be a factor, also try Nok air.

Nearest province is Udon w/ airport, bus from there takes around 2 hours? Should cost less than 400 baht for a bus there.

You may make your air purchase online or at the counter at the domestic terminal.  I know not of any other airline then Thai Air that flies to KK.

There is another option that I myself have been considering ... the train.  An overnighter from BKK will save one night's room rate plus the cost is considerably less than that one airline that flies to KK.

Someone mentioned Nok and Air Asia but I do not believe they fly to KK (from BKK) as you call it....

I believe you can get on the train to Kong Kien at Don Muang station which is easier than going into the city, but trains have a pretty poor schedule...ie not too many of them.

You probably know that loads of AC buses leave for Kong Kien from Mochit.2...perhaps why the flights are scarce.

Edited by jacko

Hey Pattaya Mad,

I live in KK and Thai Air is the only game in town (Air Asia pulled out over a year ago).

If you are in the LOS you should be able to get a r/t ticket for about 3500 baht from a travel agent (that was what I was quoted earlier this month).

As stated before Udon is your best bet for cheap airfare.

As also mentioned bus travel is another option. The best bus co. for this route in NCA from Mochit. Aircon VIP bus with extra leg room electronic seats with massage feature etc. priced at 384 baht one way for the 6 hour trip. http://www.nca.co.th/web/thai/

I’m currently in the States taking care of some business and will be back next week and am debating the cab ride to Mochit and the 6 hour bus trip vs the 6 hour layover at BKK and the hour flight to KK

Cheers,

Bill.