Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Who Would Win in a Fight

Whos Tougher  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As much as I like American Football, a Rugby player would win in a fight. Just because the NFL football players are bigger and stronger, doesn't make them better fighters, IMHO.

cheers

kj

• 2 weeks later...
If you look at Pride fighting, UFC, and the other mixed martial arts fighting bodies, they are full of ex-footbal (American) players. Please name one top fighter that is an ex rugby or Aussie rules player that is actually fighting... ...and making a living from it.

:behead

And I suppose, just like that other American sport that has the "world series" what are the chances of the UFC ??? being all American only ???

I selected Rugby player from the list, having said that, an Irish Hurling Player would kick shit out of all the other 3.

Size doesn't matter, a kick in the Bollix would drop a race horse as they say.

I've witnessed some battles between Gaelic Football players and Aussie Football players on the field. But as every Irishman knows. The only Irishman that plays Gaelic Football, are does that can't Hurl (this doesn't mean puking)

:-) :-)

• 2 weeks later...
If the question was who is tougher, I'd have to vote for the rugby players hands-down. But if it's who would win in a fight I have to go with American pro football players. They are so big, so strong and so fast that it's hard to imagine them losing a fight with anyone but a pro boxer or exceptional martial artist. I've stood next to some of these guys and even in their street clothes they're mountains. Even today's running backs are as big the linemen were 20 years ago. And the linebackers today? Forget it. Six-foot five, 260+ pounds, run the 40 in 4.4 and bench press as much as 500 pounds.

Agree 100%

but those guys who do the rugby/football thang unprotected are hardcore. You'd have to hit a rugby player many, many, many times, HARD, to make a dent in that bloke.