Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 183 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

i decided this trip i was going to have laser tooth whitening. then got put off a little by post i've read about pain, burns, and increased sensitivity .. but decided yesterday morning to go for it :)

called down to patt int hosp to see the dr someone recomended (dr arrass or summat like that) .. however when i got there they do laser whitening anyway .. and i've ruled out gumgaurds and bleach as the guards make me heave ..

so phoned round the ones who seem to do laser and nearly all were 12k baht .. bkk-patts hospital was 12.5k so decided to go there as the extra 500baht would be well spent for there better treatment ..

so i walk in. talk to the dentist and she tells me we now do a better treatment called Bright Smile, takes half the time of laser, less sensitivity and gives a better result .. price 18k baht .. so extra 6k for a better result and less risk of pain.

anyone know which is really better tho ? bright smile(blue light) or laser ? and any cost comparisons to the UK ?

the back of my mind tells me they will of course say the new one is better as its 6k more in the till. but not sure if it really is ..

I did that one 30 minute treatment where they put some kind of acid on your teeth then blast them with some kind of blue light. My teeth got really white but the effect seem to have worn out after about 5 months.

My teeth was a bit sore for a couple of days but not enough to stop me from drinking couple of hours after the treatment.

Cost me 7000 bath including cleaning.

Can't tell you which one is more effective, but I can give you a pointer. Look at the color of your front teeth. The upper and lower front eight. If they have a yellowish color - you are a prime candidate for bleaching. If they are gray - you will have nothing but frustration and pain. Frustration because of poor results and pain because of many attempts and longer exposures and stronger solutions.

The 18k price for Brite-Smile is about the same price as in the USA - no bargain at that price ( around $600 here ). <grin .

If you are 'yellow', save yourself some money and try the Crest White Strips. Since yellow is easy to bleach the strips might work for you - and they do not use the trays that cause you to gag.

wallyc

To add onto what Wally said, the brite smile cost me $370 USD last month. There is also a whitening kit that will cost $100-150 USD (you will want that at some point to refresh the brite smile treatment). I would quote Thai baht, but the USD exchange rate seems to be fluctuating for the worse at the moment.

It's not a painful process, but was told not to eat or drink anything that would stain teeth for 24 hours. Keep away from coffee, tomato's anything with color, that could stain.

Let us know what you decided and how it went. Good Luck

I have not had laser whitening but was enquiring on this board about the process recently. I have, however, had the Brite Smile procedure carried out in the UK. It is a painless procedure which involves the patient sitting in the treatment chair whilst a blue light is focussed onto their teeth that have been coated with some sort of gel. Results were good (I was given "before and after" photos). The procedure, as I recall, cost about £650.00 which I thought was somewhat expensive.

On my last trip in dec I had laser whitening at dr tooth's on central rd. The treatment cost me 7k and sounds very similar to Brite-Smile. They coat your teeth in gel and shine a light over your mouth, which last's about 30 - 45 mins. After this treatment my teeth got very sensitive for about 2 hour's and the whiting effect's wore of very quickly. It's only been 6 weeks and my teeth are almost back to normal.

Waste of money.

Edited by owon

2 Weeks ago I had laser whitening done at PERFECT SMILE DENTAL CLINIC for 8k great dentist who I will write a report on when i get back. I was going to have a 5 tooth bridge replaced but the whitening was so good I didnt bother. For the first time in my life I now show my teeth when I smile.

Cant recommend them highly enough. Opposite 99bt past on the hill to Jomtien. No sign of fading yet but I did in the bleech kit for use when it does

Hi,

This interests me because I got my teeth lasered a couple of trips ago at the clinic on 2nd Road nearly opposit, just passed Soi 6 past. Cost 13,000Tbt. Nice modern place.

As I am am a hansome 36 year old with a mouth full of natural pearly whites I thought I would leave the clinic with a dazzling smile!!! It was not to be :D

Basically, they scrape your teeth to the natural enamel. This is as white as they can make your teeth with laser cleaning. If your teeth do not have enough natural white pigment in the first place then thats it. He only made mine slighty whiter than they were to start with!! In other words, he could only remove he slight staining!! He was fair and then asked me if I wanted to continue.

I left after laser cleaning and a good chat with the dentist, knowing that if anyone makes your teeth "whiter" than original then they almost certainly bleached them, this weakens the teeth and will cause probs later in life. Blue light must be similar to laser?

Take care & regards,

Ever consider using "Crest White Strips" I've used them and it is effective and cheep. Twice a day for two weeks and it's good for at least a year, at least for me. Had zero pain and I think it cost around $45.00 US.

Cheers

Ever consider using "Crest White Strips" I've used them and it is effective and cheep. Twice a day for two weeks and it's good for at least a year, at least for me. Had zero pain and I think it cost around $45.00 US.

Cheers

Have never heard of them in the UK :D

Does anyone know if you can get them & how much :D

Thanks

be nice

Moby69

Found this little snip on the web which might answer the question on White Strips...

The popularity of at-home whitening products in North America has yet to take off in Europe. However, Euromonitor International predicts that between 2004 and 2008 similar products are poised for success in the UK market. One stumbling block has been EU Legislation, which regulates levels of hydrogen peroxide in whitening agents. Currently, the EU is still to pass legislation allowing levels of 6% hydrogen peroxide to be used in whitening brands such as White Strips found in the US.

However, Euromonitor International predicts that there is a high probability that new formulations containing at least 6% hydrogen peroxide will be launched in the UK, as Procter & Gamble is reported to have already invested heavily in the formulation of its own European whitening brand to be called Simply White.

Cheers

can you buy this in thailand?