Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Brown will tax anything he can think of - travel, pension funds, etc. How anyone can consider this pirate for Prime Minister is beyond me.

Does this mean that fpeople who booked flights prior to 1st February but leave after this date will have to pay £40 at check at Heathrow....................I' clueless.gif m confused

Yes. But some airlines, eg RyanAir, want it a day or more before you fly.

It's actually a tax on airlines and some are passing it on to passengers, a few are not.

Some info here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6317131.stm

Edited by bob2005

Its APD (air paasenger duty) All passengers will pay it in the future but it is only for the

British outbound flight you do not pay it for the inbound part of a return flight.

B A have absorbed the extra duty for passengers who booked their flights before dec 6th when I think the ruling was made and who fly out on or after feb 1st 2007.

This is costing them £11m although it clearly states (4a3) in their

T&C that they could have passed the extra tax on to the flying public.

For once BA should be congratulated for this stance.Some airlines e.g

Ryanair have taken the monies from the credit/debit cards used with no negotiation

with the ticket buyer.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/genco.../public/en_gb#4

Its APD (air paasenger duty) All passengers will pay it in the future but it is only for the

British outbound flight you do not pay it for the inbound part of a return flight.

B A have absorbed the extra duty for passengers who booked their flights before dec 6th when I think the ruling was made and who fly out on or after feb 1st 2007.

This is costing them £11m although it clearly states (4a3) in their

T&C that they could have passed the extra tax on to the flying public.

For once BA should be congratulated for this stance.Some airlines e.g

Ryanair have taken the monies from the credit/debit cards used with no negotiation

with the ticket buyer.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/genco.../public/en_gb#4

Yeah i paid £20 on top of the advertised price when i booked my next excursion(for end Feb).I booked it in December.

I had booked my flight with thai before 1/12/06 and have checked with westeast travel who have told me that if you booked with Thai Air before 1/12/06 the tax is absorbed

Also that the departure tax from BKK is included in ticket so I should not have to pay the 700 bht when leaving hope thats correct . but will find out in March

I'm flying to LOS 15 February on Etihad. I've had an e-mail stating that I will not be required to pay the extra £20, which means that they, like BA, are absorbing the increase.

That robber Brown is at it again !. Its yet another stealth tax from the master, fresh from helping to destroy the UK pension system. No worries for the MP's though - they voted themselves a huge increase in their pensions not so long ago.

Mr Teflon & Mr Tax (blair & brown) increase APD making

out it is to deter everyone flying although their goverment

is pushing for the expansion of standstead and heathrow.

It will bring in £1billon a year, they have refused to put this

into "green issues" and said it will go into central coffers.

It is clearly yet another increase in a stealth tax.

You could not make it up.

Edited by ranger

I don't know about those who booked a good time ago but for me some airlines are trying to make themselves look good to customers by absorbing the £20 increase.

I was looking mid January for a flight either the last week of Jan or first week Feb.

Guess what the same timed flights in February were exactly £ 20 more.

A week after booking , i got an email stating that the airline would absorb the tax increase.

Very generous.

bazz

bazz, the airlines that are absorbing the cost are for those tickets bought

before 6th dec, all tickets bought after for departure 1st feb onward would

have paid the extra £20 tax .

So there is nothing unusual for feb 1st onward tickets being £20 more.

Edited by ranger

I booked with Etihad through WestEast, I emailed them about the new tax and got this;

Further to your enquiry, we are pleased to inform you that you are not liable for the tax increase as your ticket was issued on the 6th December 2006.

Etihad has advised us of the following:

Any tickets issued on or before the 18th of December 2006 will not be levied the new tax increase. Tickets issued after will be charged with the new APD taxes

A result for me, for this trip at least. That's £20 more that will find it's way to Issan.