Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hi all

Just wanted to let you know there's another Scandinavian lurker on the boards :)

I'll be going to Pattaya for 2½ weeks in January, for the first time, as the Dominican Republic just ain't what it used to be. Time for a change :]

I'm still trying to catch up with all the information on the boards but there is something I just cant figure out - it's the Soi, 2nd road etc. - I've found several maps but none with a distance legend so I have quite the trouble of figuring out distances and which area to focus on when finding the right hotel.

As a dane I usually get so hammered I need a map to get home :banghead

I'm still trying to catch up with all the information on the boards but there is something I just cant figure out - it's the Soi, 2nd road etc. - I've found several maps but none with a distance legend so I have quite the trouble of figuring out distances and which area to focus on when finding the right hotel.

If it's your first time i'd recommend going with any of the hotels 'inside' the main baht bus route.

So basically any of the Soi's that are connected to both Beach Road and Second Road ..... here's a map with a few hotel names on it.

Pattaya Map

Alternatively, go for one of the places on Soi LK Metro ..... Metro Apartments, The Rockhouse, etc

Here's another map site you may find useful, shame the map is in thai at the moment!

Pattaya Bar Map

If it's your first time i'd recommend going with any of the hotels 'inside' the main baht bus route.

So basically any of the Soi's that are connected to both Beach Road and Second Road ..... here's a map with a few hotel names on it.

Pattaya Map

Alternatively, go for one of the places on Soi LK Metro ..... Metro Apartments, The Rockhouse, etc

Here's another map site you may find useful, shame the map is in thai at the moment!

Pattaya Bar Map

Those are both excellent, especially like the first one. Still no distance legend though :)

How long is the average soi in meters? I dont mind walking 2-3km for the action but if a soi is 2km long it changes the hotel choice radically :)

Hi Big Dane and welcome to the board,

First thing to do is join the full board

http://www.pattayatalk.com/joinmembers.html

I have only been once and i am 42 days away from my second trip to pattaya

so i cannot be sure about soi lengths but guess at about 2 - 400metres from

beach road to second road.

My first trip i stayed in the sabai lodge on soi 2 and loved it, nice and quiet with easy access to

all areas, initially i walked everywhere and then got the hang of the baht bus system which is

great and cheap.

This trip i am staying in the LK Metropole in the soi lk metro area for a different choice to see

other parts of pattaya

Edited by glynbuk
How long is the average soi in meters? I dont mind walking 2-3km for the action but if a soi is 2km long it changes the hotel choice radically :)

As glynbuk says, probably around 2-400 metres. Believe me, I doubt you'll be too impressed after walking 2-3km ....... the girls will be even less impressed when they get a 'whiff' of you :D

Honestly, no need to walk anywhere in pattaya, the baht bus route is great. It runs the length of Second Road, then comes back down Beach Road to walking street before starting another lap.

As I said, anywhere inside that 'circle' would be great for your first visit.

This is where i'm currently staying on Soi 1 north pattaya, just across from one of the biggest shopping malls. This means restaurants and movies arn't far away.

Seavilleplace

You sure this is you're first time on this board ?

I am sure I have crossed swords with this someone with this handle in the past. Unless you have chosen the same name as a previous member. :hijack

Sorry if this sounds off-topic.

casper, seavilleplace does seem nice. The website does n't have the room rates quoted hence i wish to know if the room rate includes breakfast for two, if guest-friendly.

I would give a try if the rate falls within my budget.Thanks.

I knew a Great Dane once :kissing

Me too, Danny the Dane on our Kibbutz back in the 70's- He was big too ! If I can remember him from 30 years ago, I am confident I am right about this Big Dane Two years ago. :banghead

casper, seavilleplace does seem nice. The website does n't have the room rates quoted hence i wish to know if the room rate includes breakfast for two, if guest-friendly.

The place is guest friendly, no problems there. Breakfast is not included but it does have a small restaurant / café on site which does english / american breakfasts as well as Thai and Farang food.

I'm paying 15k each month for one of the 'duplex' rooms (gallery bedroom upstairs). Nice enough room in a really nice and peaceful setting. All of the duplex's are currently being refurbished and I was lucky to get one of the first available. 5 more will be completed in the next few weeks and are currently available.

If you call or email, speak with Lisa and mention me (Mr Jones) ..... she'll love me even more then :thumbup

Yup first time on this board and it will be my first trip to Thailand as well.

If you have been on any of the common chica boards you might have crossed paths with me before as Sosua, DR was my mongering spot for six years. After they had a major crackdown on chicas, everything was forced to close at midnight, my room was broken into and I was robbed blind (Laptop, phone, money, papers etc.), my buddy took the wrong chica home for LT and a policeman who liked her then booked him on a bogus drug charge, I had to bail (read bribe the captain, risking my own safety) him out for $2000 USD to avoid a permanent record of drug trafficking (would making it impossible for him to travel anywhere), I decided a new venue was in order.

At first I was looking at HK as a few years ago I met a welsh guy in Sosua that told me it was really good there, but since it has really gone down hill, I realized that the true mongering gem had eluded me :)

January the 8th I'll be getting hammered at FLB, so if you are there come by and I'll buy you a beer :bigsmile: (Look for a pale white big guy who speaks English with a Scandinavian accent)

Yup first time on this board and it will be my first trip to Thailand as well.

January the 8th I'll be getting hammered at FLB, so if you are there come by and I'll buy you a beer :banghead (Look for a pale white big guy who speaks English with a Scandinavian accent)

O.k I am wrong on this one.

Thanks for the offer of a drink, I will be out in February, date to be arranged. Look for a short grey haired guy, who talks mainly bollocks with an English accent. If that is too broader description, I'll wear a carnation,

The place is guest friendly, no problems there. Breakfast is not included but it does have a small restaurant / café on site which does english / american breakfasts as well as Thai and Farang food.

I'm paying 15k each month for one of the 'duplex' rooms (gallery bedroom upstairs). Nice enough room in a really nice and peaceful setting. All of the duplex's are currently being refurbished and I was lucky to get one of the first available. 5 more will be completed in the next few weeks and are currently available.

If you call or email, speak with Lisa and mention me (Mr Jones) ..... she'll love me even more then :allright

Sure I'll be considering the place besides FLB & the areca on my next visit.It looks like you have stole the deal for a monthly rate @500 a day, for such a nice room in a hotel with a pool. Should i choose to enquire about the pricing at the seaville, you will be mentioned. Thanks casper. :D.

Et velkommen skal lyde fra mig også. En skam at at jeg først kommer til byen 3 feb. Det ville være fint at få en øl eller 2 sammen med en landsmand. Jeg har været 4 gange før i byen så hvis du har spørsmål så send mig en mail og jeg skal efter bedste evne svare. Du må havde en god ferie hvad jeg er sikre på du får, og du kan altid spørge MM, hvis du har spørsmål når du er der, han er en fin fyr.

Et velkommen skal lyde fra mig også. En skam at at jeg først kommer til byen 3 feb. Det ville være fint at få en øl eller 2 sammen med en landsmand. Jeg har været 4 gange før i byen så hvis du har spørsmål så send mig en mail og jeg skal efter bedste evne svare. Du må havde en god ferie hvad jeg er sikre på du får, og du kan altid spørge MM, hvis du har spørsmål når du er der, han er en fin fyr.

I'm out then too ! but only in Patt's for a few days. :nod