Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Tim has a new hotel more or less behind Tim's Bar on 2nd. Rd.. Don't know the price a friend looked at it & thought the rooms excellent, but when he went to book it was too expensive so he went back to the Sandy Springs.

Right, the eatsinny will open soon on soi 8, also Best Inn in soi Buakhao, rose garden Pratumnak, Siam City Park Naklua and Day an night south Pattaya.

Eastinny soi 8

dscn2129jc0.jpg

Also best Inn in soi Buakhao

dscn1178fl5.jpg

Rose garden

dscn1149yf1.jpg

Siam City park

dscn2179pd6.jpg

New Day and Night

dscn1177jf9.jpg

Try the new Pattaya Bay Resort (next door to the Mercure) in what I call Soi Dogleg - Soi 15 Second Road, running through to Soi Buakhao. Straight behind the new shopping-cinema complex on Second Road near Sois 13- Post Office & Yamoto.

Clean, friendly, free WiFi in rooms, pool, fair rates, American-Thai managed, quiet, even wheelchair access, no joiner fee ...

I might have some of these name wrong, hopefully someone will correct.

Soi 1 Crown, also a Sabai hotel

Soi 3 Seaside

Soi 4 Hong

Soi 5 Right behind the Hoing, can't remember the name.

Soi 6/1 Diamond (very, very expensive)

Soi 7 Eastiny Hotel

Soi 8 Another Eastiny hotel opened in November

Soi 10 Imperial Place

Soi 14 Secrets

The southern extension of 2nd Rd, accross form the Vault where the bowling alley was located. A Nova property.

Between the Pattaya Bay Resort and Mercure there is another hotel called Balithai.

Soi LK Metro The Pasadena

Soi 21 between Soi Buakaow and 3rd Rd the Panalee which opened this month.

Soi AR The Nova Amari also the Siam View.

There are more but they are located out by Carrefour.

Edited by Emil
Try the new Pattaya Bay Resort (next door to the Mercure) in what I call Soi Dogleg - Soi 15 Second Road, running through to Soi Buakhao. Straight behind the new shopping-cinema complex on Second Road near Sois 13- Post Office & Yamoto.

Clean, friendly, free WiFi in rooms, pool, fair rates, American-Thai managed, quiet, even wheelchair access, no joiner fee ...

That place looks excellent, and very close to walking street!

Have you stayed there? If so, what was the overall impression? Are the rates firm?

Thank you :bow

Have you stayed there? If so, what was the overall impression? Are the rates firm?

Thank you :bow

Alot depends on when your going to be there. Also if you are staying for a few weeks or more and they have a large vacancy rate then you might be able to get a discount but you need to be dealing with the manager and not the desk person.

Sky-Top is newly renovated within the last year with fresh paint, new bathroom and non slip tile on the floor. Free internet along with AC,TV,fridge, in room safe and no joiner fee. Place is clean and well maintained.Great location on 2nd Road, one block from Beach Road and soi 6 is less then a 2 minute walk. Rooms go for 450 to 850 per night.

Sky-Top is newly renovated within the last year with fresh paint, new bathroom and non slip tile on the floor. Free internet along with AC,TV,fridge, in room safe and no joiner fee. Place is clean and well maintained.Great location on 2nd Road, one block from Beach Road and soi 6 is less then a 2 minute walk. Rooms go for 450 to 850 per night.

got any pics

the newest hotel in the Eastiny group should be open now almost opposite the cherry bar on soi 8.

google 'eastiny pattaya' and it should tell you more.

I stayed there in november but I failed to get any sleep due to the excessive noise from some of the bars on soi 8 which kept banging on until after 4:00am, then the construction workers started before 6:00am and went on all day

Had a look at this place a week before opening. It opened 1st December. I looked at one of the completed rooms and it was very smart. It was very upmarket. I have attatched a link to the website. The place is between second and third road. May be of interest to you. It was too expensive for me.

http://www.villapanalee.com/

stayed in the eastiny plaza in november and was quite impressed, nice big light rooms and handy to the action. Didn't have any problems with noise as was out at the times when the bars were going, also was on 7th floor

Had a look at this place a week before opening. It opened 1st December. I looked at one of the completed rooms and it was very smart. It was very upmarket. I have attatched a link to the website. The place is between second and third road. May be of interest to you. It was too expensive for me.

http://www.villapanalee.com/

Looks very nice! Has anyone tried it yet?

Pattaya Bay Resort has a monthly rate of 19,500 baht.

I have a 30 day vacation coming up and I'm planning a 20 day stay in Pattaya.

Does anyone know if I could reserve it for a month, then leave early and pay a fee? I'm thinking this way might save a bit since a Standard Room is 1300 baht per night.

1 month = 19,500

1 month 1300 per night = 39,000

20 days at 1300 per night = 26,000

As you can see, almost 6500 could be saved if you reserved a month, then left 10 days early. Just wondering if they have a fee for such a situation. Also, it'd be nice to have it reserved for a full month in case we decide to stay the whole 30 days.

Pattaya Bay Resort has a monthly rate of 19,500 baht.

I have a 30 day vacation coming up and I'm planning a 20 day stay in Pattaya.

Does anyone know if I could reserve it for a month, then leave early and pay a fee? I'm thinking this way might save a bit since a Standard Room is 1300 baht per night.

1 month = 19,500

1 month 1300 per night = 39,000

20 days at 1300 per night = 26,000

As you can see, almost 6500 could be saved if you reserved a month, then left 10 days early. Just wondering if they have a fee for such a situation. Also, it'd be nice to have it reserved for a full month in case we decide to stay the whole 30 days.

The only thing you should pay would be what you owe for utilities. Most of these places that have the vastly reduced monthly rates don't include your utilities. When you check in they want the 1st month and a deposit. So when you check out they will deduct your utilities from the deposit and you'll get money back unless you owe for damages. They should be happy that you paid for the entire month and left early in that they can now get additional revenue for this room during the next 10 days.

The only thing you should pay would be what you owe for utilities. Most of these places that have the vastly reduced monthly rates don't include your utilities. When you check in they want the 1st month and a deposit. So when you check out they will deduct your utilities from the deposit and you'll get money back unless you owe for damages. They should be happy that you paid for the entire month and left early in that they can now get additional revenue for this room during the next 10 days.

Yeah, it makes sense for them to fill the room earlier than expected while it's already paid for. Thanks for the advice.

Hey, Tetrapod,

Sorry about the slow reply. Yes, I've stayed there three times, am booked for a few more weeks in Feb. That's my endorsement - voting with my baht. The low season prices (per week) are excellent. Yes, the rates are firm. What they say on the website is what they charge at the desk.

If you've got specific questions, such as the ones you've raised later in this post (about long-term occupancy & absences), I recommend that you email directly to the manager, Kim. He's a Seppo (American ) and a professional hotelier - you'll get a straight, prompt answer within the day. Better than hoping to negotiate at the front desk on arrival.

Contact him through the link on the hotel home page

Overall impression - excellent. I hope that is your experience, too.