Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

a nighmare at the jasmine mansion

riffraffles.com
Don't go there, that site tries to put a trojan on your PC!!!
Didn't Kevin have a blog at one time, detailing his demise in the marriage...?

He did indeed, he also had a hotel ( freehold ) a beautiful house, land and property in Udon Thani, land near Soi Buakhao, and thought he was intellectually superior to every other Falang in Thailand ! Even thought it was clever to make fun of every Falang who walked past his hotel with a bargirl in hand , despite the fact his wife Jin had 500 Baht to her name when they met as she was prostituting herself in Phuket and he had purchased the "empire" in her name ! I believe he is living in a run down condo complex now and eating lots of rice.

I visited a Thai girl at her one room apartment in Nakula. She had plenty of water, western toilet, no smells, no AC, and all for 2000 baht/month.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...

Thai pluming is notoriously bad.

That's not what I hear from the man on the golden bicycle. He has plumes of all kinds on his bike.

That's not what I hear from the man on the golden bicycle. He has plumes of all kinds on his bike.

Peacock or stopcock.

Guys, that is one of the functions of this forum, to help other travelers. "i had read a previous review thatone of the boardies had problems at the jasmine mansion but i did i take the advice?" Why didn't you take the advise given?

Two of you have given bad reviews. One of you called it a one star hotel. I'm with management here, what do you expect for 550 baht a night during high season? I am amazed that you could find anything in that price range.

Thai pluming is notoriously bad. Anyone that can glue pipe together can claim to be a plumber, and there are no plumbing inspectors. Low or no water pressure is an ongoing problem in Thailand, as is smell coming from the drains. At home all drains have what's called a pee-trap that prevents swear smells from coming back into a building. Thai's almost never use them. The few times they are used, it's in a high end building with a farang overseeing the construction.

Air-con leaks are also common. An air-con dehumidifies as it cools, that moisture needs to go somewhere, it ends up in the coil of the air-con. The Thai with an 8th grade education that came from a farm, yet now installs air-conditioners, didn't install a drain pipe for the condensation. Typical, believe me. You can slow the dripping by raising the temp of your air-con. I know that it feels great at 18 degrees, but set it at 25 degrees and it's still five degrees or more cooler than out side, and will make considerable less condensation. The Thai ladies will enjoy it better as well. Something I found raising the temp, I become acclimatised much easier and faster.

It's nice that you gave us a heads up on the place. However, if we were like you, we will ignore the bad review and book a room anyway. Interesting outlook huh?

Here is what I tell people that aren't using multinational hotel chains like Merriott, Hilton where they know what to expect. Book just for a couple of days. During those two-three days, decide if you want to stay longer, and look for a new place if needed. Read reviews, be sure to look at dates on reviews, often owners change, and standards raise, or lower. Talk to people you meet in town, and get recommendations. Never book 12 days in a place that you found bad reviews on. That is a no brainer.

I stayed there for a few days and moved on because it was too spartan for my taste.

It wasn't what I'd call bad but there certainly are much better places.

this was 3 years ago and i have to say the staff was great when i was there.

thanks for the rif idea Fondles. Good link direction.

So around mid July i was out & renting an apartment better then the room i had in her noisy smelly hotel & i weighed up my option

1 i could run back to Australia with my sob story

2 i could live like a pauper for the next 6 to 9 months drinking sangsom in my room & eating street food or

3 i can blow a bit more money & have some fun & relax

I did infact feel a huge weight off my shoulders after leaving her hotel even though along with the wedding & her high class tastes i managed to blow my entire 750 000 baht budget in 6 months that was providing i got back the other 250 000 which became 300 000 baht from her which at that time i really thought i still woud.

So feeling free & glad i got out of it but pretty dissapointed with all that had happned i choose option 3

ok most of my post was moved into a different category(relationships) "Fleeced Aussie's Story but i can post something here regarding my stay.

Low season July 2011 before i moved out she would place a sign outside on the street.rooms 450 a night.I said to her you cant say that you have to say rooms FROM 450 a night.she said why

I said because you can only get a room for 450 here if you stay for a week not night & that is only for your smallest dog box rooms.

For me i would advice any farang to avoid this place she may put on a big cheesy smile & say welcome but she does infact hate farangs