Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

paul I was in mistys this feb and was disgusted with what happend i was plied with drink by yourself and ldk, so i left far drunker than when i arived I was then driven home by a hot girl in a lexus 4x4 who sexualy assaulted me twice and once in the morning I will be back in feb can you please ensure that this does not happen again

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Paul for your reply.

I knew you were a top bloke (same birthday as me) and just wanted to nip any minor probs in the bud.

Could have been a 1 off but worth pointing out!

Will pop in soon (no free beer needed but cheers)

Many Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Paul

:ang2

You've already been told that you have the option to say NO.

NOT rocket science :bigsmile:

If, as you say, drinks were added to your bin without your permission, you have already been advised that you should voice your concerns to the management.

To intimate that you would receive a kicking for doing so is totally unjustified and is an uncalled for slur on the management of what is considered to be a well run Agogo.

I think an apology on your part is in order, wouldn't you agree?

You have already stated in various recent threads that........

"I am a Smart Monger."

"I am a Hardcore Monger."

"I am an Old Hand at this."

Etcetera, etcetera.

What went wrong? <grin

The point you're making is that by your own testimony you let this go on for 20 minutes, never raised a peep of protest - and it is the bar's fault because it is the sort of place where you will be badly beaten if you go to the management.

AND it is another poster's fault, too, for bitxhing that HE only lost 40 baht, compared with your serious predicament.

Just my opinion you are way out of line - about your actions, about your slur on the bar. You did the wrong thing, and your claim about the bar is not even credible, and thus really a libel.

My main reason for my initial post was just to provide a timely reminder to other board members that they should always keep a close eye on their bins – especially if you have been coming to Pattaya for a while, think that you are an “old hand” at this and therefore have a tendency to become complacent.

But clearly in some bars you need to be far more careful than in others!

I am aware of my option of voicing my concerns to management, which is essentially what I am doing here. The manager was not around when the incident happened, they are not always present, and as mentioned the other senior members of the staff i.e. the mamasans were amongst the guilty parties who added the drinks to my bill without my permission - so I could hardly complain to them.

I have never at any stage stated that that if I voiced my concerns to management that I believed that I “would receive a kicking for doing so”. Go back and read my post and you will see that what I said was that it was not wise for someone to leave a bar without paying for all of their bill if they are disputing it. It is better to pay up even if you are in the right.

Papillon, you specifically posed the question to me as whether I felt that I would be subject to violence from Club Mistys if I did not pay my bill and in my reply I did not say that I thought this would have necessarily been the case. All I stated was that Soi 15, where Club Mistys is situated, is generally regarded as a Soi which has in the past recorded quite a lot of violence.

Are you suggesting that the Mistys' Security would take you outside and give you a good kicking?

I think the staff prefer to kick you in the wallet...where it most hurts.

Misty's is on Soi 15 which is the Soi where there have been quite a few falangs guys recently who have been given a kicking by Thai's for one reason or the other.

I have even seen violent confrontations with Thais and farangs in Soi 15 myself.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/3-Estonian-m...ce-t165277.html

http://pattayarag.blogspot.com/2008_01_01_archive.html

http://www.pattayaghost.com/2008/10/03/2-p...arre-incidents/

As I did not say that Club Mistys staff have a reputation for beating up customers who dispute their bill - I can’t apologise for something that I didn’t say.

However if I had left without settling the bill then it is likely that the staff would not just have let the matter lie.

If a bunch of angry members of staff pursues a farang out on to the street from a bar and then enter into an argument then it is possible that other Thais will get involved with nasty consequences – especially in Soi 15.

If I had not monitored my bin for an hour or two while continuing to buy drinks then yes I would agree that I am possibly negligent. However, I did not expect that after only 20 minutes of being in the bar that chits for so many unauthorised drinks would have appeared in my bin.

Now it is just my word against the word of the staff – but why would I suddenly make this up? – and why about Club Mistys? – unless the incident actually happened. I have over a thousand posts on this board but have never related a similar incident about another bar. Having visited Pattaya 11 times in the last 3 years and spending 5 – 8 hours each evening mainly in go go bars I have certainly visited a lot of bars – and I make a point of visiting different go go bars. So I have some experience.

I can’t insist on my money back if there is no proof however in the interests of customer relations most bar managers would have made some sort of token good will gesture. As in the case of the offer of a free beer to the other poster who claimed that the staff had made a mistake of 40 baht with his change – yet no offer to me when I had been deliberately che*ted out of a sum many times that amount.

An apology from the manager along the lines of - that he was not there so can’t really comment in full on the matter but that if it happened as related then what happened was not appropriate behaviour – would have been more than adequate. Especially if the manager gave assurances that he would discuss the matter with his staff to ensure that this sort of thing does not happen again.

But at present the impression I am getting is that there is not really much concern if a customer is seriously che*ted out of a significant sum and that things will just continue as normal and therefore be highly likely to happen again. So other customers are likely to befall the same fate.

I am not being vindictive or malicious however I regard it as my duty to let others know that they need to keep an exceptionally close grip on their bin when drinking in Club Mistys. On the other hand they may feel that what is the point of going to a particular bar when you can’t relax and enjoy yourself – one of the reasons why many board members avoid well known other offenders like Kittens club.

I am also beginning to question the motive behind this new 'Club Misty's madness' campaign. Is it done with the cynical thinking that if customers are plied with cheap beer for a couple of hours at the start of the evening then they are less likely to be monitoring their bins? - if so then it is indeed 'madness' for anyone to fall for this.

Edited by Sybarite

Didn't you have your CS Gas with you? :bigsmile:

How is it that you are so unlucky? You seem to encounter problems wherever you go!

Some people might think that you are making these things up :moon

Especially as you are an old hand

If you're, as you say, an "old hand" you should know enough to at least raise the point with whoever is in charge. Even if it's the offending mamasans. If I got no relief I would go back at another time looking for a farang manager. I have before and would again if the need arose.

Maybe this is just a bit of Karma... :D

I am old, but don't believe I am a hand.

Oh and BTW...Good move Paul. As your neighbor is doing a similar promotion and you seem to have the bigger and better looking staff.

Edited by probe
Both Vidman and myself had a problem with the behaviour of the staff at Mistys which ended up with us both losing money - are you suggesting that we are both making these stories up?

If 2 out of the first 4 posters in a general thread about Mistys make unprompted complaints about staff appearing to cheat them out of money then does this not suggest that there could be a major problem with the honesty of the staff in this place? Perhaps also management complicity in the matter?

It certainly does indicate that there could be many more others who have had similar problems but who have not bothered to report it.

I'm putting my moderator hat on now.

Sybarite, your signature is libelous and potentially injurious to a business that has consistently provided and honest and well-run service to its customers.

I am formally requesting you to remove it simply because it is divisive and unproven...except by your claim. Based on other things you've said, you're not the font of absolute truth on all issues...and, in this case, you are potentially causing real damage, rather than just being a mildly humorous poster.

Enough.

This scam goes on all over the place.

The only thing the stupid falang can do is pay up and never go back,just pass on the name of the bar to friends, word of mouth,and boycott the place.

I've never had this problem in Mistys by the way. :D

I'm putting my moderator hat on now.

Sybarite, your signature is libelous and potentially injurious to a business that has consistently provided and honest and well-run service to its customers.

I am formally requesting you to remove it simply because it is divisive and unproven...except by your claim. Based on other things you've said, you're not the font of absolute truth on all issues...and, in this case, you are potentially causing real damage, rather than just being a mildly humorous poster.

Enough.

MM I have now retracted the comment - perhaps it makes sense if you can remove your quotation of the comment as well?

I thought it was fair comment myself at the time but I have enormous respect for your judgement in these matters.

I will use this thread as guidance for any other similar situations where I feel that I have been hard done by when visiting a bar

Of course , please let me know if you think I need to moderate any other similar posts.

Syba

Hi Guys

Well firstly, sorry I have been a little slow to add further comment to this Thread but I have not been Online for a few Days due to other, more pressing priorities.

To all the Guys that have welcomed the introduction of the Misty's Madness Happy Hour or offered positive feedback/comment, Please may I take this opportunity to sincerely Thank You.

Now turning to Mr Sybarite . . . . . . . . .

I see no need to offer any sort of apology to you based on your account of what you ALLEDGE took place.

It appears to me that you got a little carried away in buying a few Staff a drink rather than exercising your right to decline said drinks.

Your other claims are, to put it EXTREMELY mildly, laughable!

The computerised Billing System in use at Misty's is operated by approximately 12 other well-known bars in Pattaya including FLB.

Every time a Lady Drink is purchased, it is clearly shown on the Customer's Bill along with the Staff Number and, where applicable, his/her title.

If you're suggesting that you were unable to see such details then I suggest you Book an Opticians' Appointment right after you have Booked some Self-Assertitive Classes as you clearly have a problem with your Eyesight as well as saying no.

I am on Duty 6 Nights a Week and more often than not, 7 Nights. At no point did you ever raise any problem with your Bin with me. In addition, we also have a Thai Manager with whom you could have raised your concerns - assuming you had any at the time which I very much doubt!

As to your comments regarding our Security Staff, I will simply treat them with the contempt they deserve.

Regards

Paul

Edited by PSP

Anyone reading this thread can immediately see that at no time did I make any claims about the door security, even when enticed to do so, only save to state the obvious - that Thai staff are unlikely to let you waltz out the door without paying the bill in full even if you say you dispute it. There have been numerous stories over the years, including some over the past couple of weeks, of punters getting beaten up when they disputed the bill at bars and left without paying. I am not saying that would definitely happen at Club Mistys but I definitely would not want to find this out the hard way.

I have been in bars before where I have bought more drinks than I originally intended and then reflected afterwards that maybe I should have not spent so much on drinks. That I can live with - and I can't guarantee that will not happen again. However this was a case where staff including the mamasans ordered drinks without asking me and put the chits into my drinks bin without me realising. OK, I checked after 20 minutes - not really a long time - but by that time it was too late.

In most, perhaps all other bars, even Windmill where the girls are more drinks hungry than most, the staff will check and even double check that you have said yes before ordering the drinks. Here, the mamasans waved a couple of girls over who said hello before wandering off and whilst I was being distracted, chits were put into my bin for those girls plus for the mamasans.

As BOTH mamasans were amongst the miscreants - what was the point of complaining to them? I had been to your bar a couple of times before but never laid eyes on you - do you carry round a placard or badge with the term 'manager' on it for all to see? I didn’t know you were there and judging from your responses to this thread it would have been pointless complaining to you anyway.

Responsible management would have been to show some willingness to accept the possibility that the customer could be right and that there could be a problem with the bar e.g. the staff are too eager to put chits in bins before checking that the customer has agreed to the purchase.

Even if readers don't believe every word of what I said happened - if you had at least made assurances that you would look into the matter then they would have been re-assured that if there has been a problem raised about your bar then you are the sort of manager who would look into it as a matter of course.

When I first posted about the incident I was prepared to let the matter lie and put it down to experience. However later on in the thread when you apologised to some other poster, who it appears you may have known personally, over his loss of a few baht but found it hard to do the same to myself when I had suffered far greater loss - this has just made me determined to mention this incident at every opportunity that I have. Why should you immediately accept his story and not assume that he was mistaken but refute mine? All you have got now is someone who is a frequent poster on this and other Pattaya forums and blog sites who is determined to relate the problems that he encountered at your bar at every opportunity possible.

The question remains as to why should I choose to say these things about Club Mistys when I have had hundreds of posts and commented about dozens of bars without saying anything similar. The only other bar where this has happened to me has been X-Zone but I have not posted about that incident.

Personally, I think it is the duty of all responsible board members to point out all incidents where they feel that staff of a bar have acted unscrupulously - in case this is an ongoing practise. This is so that others can be more careful when they go there so as to avoid suffering the same loss or - if they want to avoid the stress of having to continually monitoring their bin - choose to drink elsewhere.

I thought it was fair comment myself at the time but I have enormous respect for your judgement in these matters.

I will use this thread as guidance for any other similar situations where I feel that I have been hard done by when visiting a bar

Of course , please let me know if you think I need to moderate any other similar posts.

Syba

Sybarite are you grovelling again?

Lick lick, slobber slobber

Shall I buy you some knee pads for Christmas?

If you're suggesting that you were unable to see such details then I suggest you Book an Opticians' Appointment right after you have Booked some Self-Assertitive Classes as you clearly have a problem with your Eyesight as well as saying no.

I am on Duty 6 Nights a Week and more often than not, 7 Nights. At no point did you ever raise any problem with your Bin with me. In addition, we also have a Thai Manager with whom you could have raised your concerns - assuming you had any at the time which I very much doubt!

As to your comments regarding our Security Staff, I will simply treat them with the contempt they deserve.

Regards

Paul

Paul, you would do well to listen to Sybarite AKA 'The Rimmer.'

He is 23y/o and a top 'Trainee Management Consultant' in London :rolleyes:

He might give you a few more tips on how to run an Agogo :D

Lick lick, slobber slobber :rolleyes:

What's that % indicator under the flag on the left hand side of your screen reading at the moment?

Pretty close to triple figures I would guess right now, hmmn?

Do you want to be posting again with 'otherway' and his mates?

Anyone reading this thread can immediately see that at no time did I make any claims about the door security, even when enticed to do so, only save to state the obvious - that Thai staff are unlikely to let you waltz out the door without paying the bill in full even if you say you dispute it. There have been numerous stories over the years, including some over the past couple of weeks, of punters getting beaten up when they disputed the bill at bars and left without paying. I am not saying that would definitely happen at Club Mistys but I definitely would not want to find this out the hard way.

I have been in bars before where I have bought more drinks than I originally intended and then reflected afterwards that maybe I should have not spent so much on drinks. That I can live with - and I can't guarantee that will not happen again. However this was a case where staff including the mamasans ordered drinks without asking me and put the chits into my drinks bin without me realising. OK, I checked after 20 minutes - not really a long time - but by that time it was too late.

In most, perhaps all other bars, even Windmill where the girls are more drinks hungry than most, the staff will check and even double check that you have said yes before ordering the drinks. Here, the mamasans waved a couple of girls over who said hello before wandering off and whilst I was being distracted, chits were put into my bin for those girls plus for the mamasans.

As BOTH mamasans were amongst the miscreants - what was the point of complaining to them? I had been to your bar a couple of times before but never laid eyes on you - do you carry round a placard or badge with the term 'manager' on it for all to see? I didn’t know you were there and judging from your responses to this thread it would have been pointless complaining to you anyway.

Responsible management would have been to show some willingness to accept the possibility that the customer could be right and that there could be a problem with the bar e.g. the staff are too eager to put chits in bins before checking that the customer has agreed to the purchase.

Even if readers don't believe every word of what I said happened - if you had at least made assurances that you would look into the matter then they would have been re-assured that if there has been a problem raised about your bar then you are the sort of manager who would look into it as a matter of course.

When I first posted about the incident I was prepared to let the matter lie and put it down to experience. However later on in the thread when you apologised to some other poster, who it appears you may have known personally, over his loss of a few baht but found it hard to do the same to myself when I had suffered far greater loss - this has just made me determined to mention this incident at every opportunity that I have. Why should you immediately accept his story and not assume that he was mistaken but refute mine? All you have got now is someone who is a frequent poster on this and other Pattaya forums and blog sites who is determined to relate the problems that he encountered at your bar at every opportunity possible.

The question remains as to why should I choose to say these things about Club Mistys when I have had hundreds of posts and commented about dozens of bars without saying anything similar. The only other bar where this has happened to me has been X-Zone but I have not posted about that incident.

Personally, I think it is the duty of all responsible board members to point out all incidents where they feel that staff of a bar have acted unscrupulously - in case this is an ongoing practise. This is so that others can be more careful when they go there so as to avoid suffering the same loss or - if they want to avoid the stress of having to continually monitoring their bin - choose to drink elsewhere.

Dear Mr Notsobrite!

I now retract my earlier remark about your Eyesight as it is clear you can see your Feet well enough in order to consistently Shoot them!

Further, I am now begining to question whether you were actually in Misty's when the ALLEDGED incident took place!

Anybody who has ever been to Misty's will confirm that we do not operate a "chit" system.

The Customer retains a single Bill to which orders are added and each individual order is clearly shown. Your account of what ALLEDGEDLY took place is, therefore, beyond me! :clap2:

You asked whether I carried a placard or a badge in order to identify myself as Manager. The answer to that is no but anybody can ask a Member of Staff to speak to me at any time but then you were probably too shy to do so! :llaugh

As for your threat to repeatedly mention the ALLEDGED incident on this and other Internet Forums, I will try not to let it interfere with my Sleep Pattern too much! However, be aware that Misty's has a large and loyal Customer Base so don't be surprised if some of the responses are less polite than mine have been!

Regards

Paul

Lick lick, slobber slobber :D

Paul, you would do well to listen to Sybarite AKA 'The Rimmer.'

He is 23y/o and a top 'Trainee Management Consultant' in London :moon

He might give you a few more tips on how to run an Agogo :D

Great, I can't wait! :moon

Regards

Paul

:D

Dear Mr Notsobrite!

I now retract my earlier remark about your Eyesight as it is clear you can see your Feet well enough in order to consistently Shoot them!

Further, I am now begining to question whether you were actually in Misty's when the ALLEDGED incident took place!

Anybody who has ever been to Misty's will confirm that we do not operate a "chit" system.

The Customer retains a single Bill to which orders are added and each individual order is clearly shown. Your account of what ALLEDGEDLY took place is, therefore, beyond me! :D:

You asked whether I carried a placard or a badge in order to identify myself as Manager. The answer to that is no but anybody can ask a Member of Staff to speak to me at any time but then you were probably too shy to do so! :moon

As for your threat to repeatedly mention the ALLEDGED incident on this and other Internet Forums, I will try not to let it interfere with my Sleep Pattern too much! However, be aware that Misty's has a large and loyal Customer Base so don't be surprised if some of the responses are less polite than mine have been!

Regards

Paul

PiSseduP bar owner,

It is one of the oldest tricks in the book, when an (ex-)customer raises a serious complaint about a bar to try and divert the issue by making out that the complainant had never visited the bar.

The total on my bill was running at 900 baht after 20 minutes, even though I had only ordered 4 drinks. It obviously was an electronic itemised bill otherwise I would have said that I had added up the total of the bills to find out what the grand total was. During the 20 minutes I was there I didn't notice them take away the itemised bill and put it back into the bin with 4 more unauthorised drinks added on to it - including drinks for the two mamasans. Whether there were chits or not to accompany the itemised bill doesn't really matter.

Your 'large and loyal' customer base was not in evidence that night or on any of the other nights that I had visited on previous visits to Thailand - one of the striking memories of anyone visiting your bar are the many empty seats. Maybe these loyal customers are 'armchair' like Papillon.

Other bars like Baby Dolls and FLB who think about their customers all year round and take them seriously when they make complaints are the ones who develop customer bases.

It is only the 3rd string bars that realise that times are getting grim who then rush out desperate campaigns in panicky attempts to get customers back into the bar - customers who they have long forgotten about...and who as a result have long gone.

A happy hour, to get customers into the bar early, which finishes at 10pm. How original is that? Most people don't hit the bars until 10pm! :moon

Maybe the idea is to get them drunk early so that they are then sitting targets for the money hungry mamsasns and helpers. It is the very lack of this loyal customer base which drives these 3rd string bars into the deperate 'smash and grab' tactics.

1. Throughout the evening the bar has very few customers who are only buying themselves and not the girl's drinks
  2. A customer eventually comes in halfway through the evening who looks as though he is starting to buy some drinks. The mamsasans and the girls converge
  3. As many drinks as they can are dumped onto his bill in the shortest possible time, before he notices, knowing that it is impossible for him to get them off

Of course the customer is unlikely to return but he has helped to make up for some of the short fall of the evening's takings and hey, there will be another one like him along soon if the bar waits long enough.

You may not 'lose sleep' over another customer who has been done over but I believe in letting people know so that they don't lose sleep when they are in Pattaya getting annoyed how their evening took a bit of a sour note because they were dumped on in one of the bars they visited.

PiSseduP bar owner,

It is one of the oldest tricks in the book, when an (ex-)customer raises a serious complaint about a bar to try and divert the issue by making out that the complainant had never visited the bar.

The total on my bill was running at 900 baht after 20 minutes, even though I had only ordered 4 drinks. It obviously was an electronic itemised bill otherwise I would have said that I had added up the total of the bills to find out what the grand total was. During the 20 minutes I was there I didn't notice them take away the itemised bill and put it back into the bin with 4 more unauthorised drinks added on to it - including drinks for the two mamasans. Whether there were chits or not to accompany the itemised bill doesn't really matter.

Your 'large and loyal' customer base was not in evidence that night or on any of the other nights that I had visited on previous visits to Thailand - one of the striking memories of anyone visiting your bar are the many empty seats. Maybe these loyal customers are 'armchair' like Papillon.

Other bars like Baby Dolls and FLB who think about their customers all year round and take them seriously when they make complaints are the ones who develop customer bases.

It is only the 3rd string bars that realise that times are getting grim who then rush out desperate campaigns in panicky attempts to get customers back into the bar - customers who they have long forgotten about...and who as a result have long gone.

A happy hour, to get customers into the bar early, which finishes at 10pm. How original is that? Most people don't hit the bars until 10pm! :ang2

Maybe the idea is to get them drunk early so that they are then sitting targets for the money hungry mamsasns and helpers. It is the very lack of this loyal customer base which drives these 3rd string bars into the deperate 'smash and grab' tactics.

1. Throughout the evening the bar has very few customers who are only buying themselves and not the girl's drinks
  2. A customer eventually comes in halfway through the evening who looks as though he is starting to buy some drinks. The mamsasans and the girls converge
  3. As many drinks as they can are dumped onto his bill in the shortest possible time, before he notices, knowing that it is impossible for him to get them off

Of course the customer is unlikely to return but he has helped to make up for some of the short fall of the evening's takings and hey, there will be another one like him along soon if the bar waits long enough.

You may not 'lose sleep' over another customer who has been done over but I believe in letting people know so that they don't lose sleep when they are in Pattaya getting annoyed how their evening took a bit of a sour note because they were dumped on in one of the bars they visited.

You may need this site;

http://www.justoffbase.co.uk/Shovels_2

:D :banghead

The point you're making is that by your own testimony you let this go on for 20 minutes, never raised a peep of protest - and it is the bar's fault because it is the sort of place where you will be badly beaten if you go to the management.

AND it is another poster's fault, too, for bitxhing that HE only lost 40 baht, compared with your serious predicament.

Just my opinion you are way out of line - about your actions, about your slur on the bar. You did the wrong thing, and your claim about the bar is not even credible, and thus really a libel.

Are you suggesting that go/go bars should not be held to a measure of honesty? Maybe if management let it be known that padding the bill will cost the employee their job no excuses. Then maybe their fear off being caned will keep them honest.

It certainly doesn't take a rocket scientist to have a quick look at you bill when it is put in your cup. I enjoy bar hopping and have been in some real dumps. I always look at my bin. I have been charged 120 baht for a beer in places where similar competition charges 70 or 80 baht. I don't complain, I pay my bill and leave. My memory is still pretty good and I remember those places.

As far as Misty's, I try to peek in the door before I go in. If I see SOME of the regulars in a group, I try to slink away unless I had planned on spending a LOT of time getting shit faced.

PiSseduP bar owner,

A happy hour, to get customers into the bar early, which finishes at 10pm. How original is that? Most people don't hit the bars until 10pm! :clap1

Hi Notsobrite

Seems you have trouble getting anything right as I am not a Bar Owner and nor was I Pissed when I made my previous Post. :unsure::

You claim your Bill was 900 Baht after just 4 Drinks - perhaps you would like to share with me what those 4 Drinks were because I can't find a combination from our Price List that reaches anywhere close to that figure? :banana:

It seems to me that you are nothing but a Troll, hiding behind a false identity, who takes great delight in criticising bars where there are not grounds for doing so (I note Misty's is not the first).

Yet again, the fact that you suggest Misty's is empty every night gives me good reason to suspect you have never even set foot inside!

In any event, I have better things to do with my time then exchange Posts with you so I will not waste my time any further.

Regards

Paul

Gentlemen, as a dissipate drunk who spends far more time and money in gogo bars than is good for him, I'd like to weigh in here.

First of all, Paul is a top bloke and if you have any problems whatsoever just bring it to his attention. Be sure to ask to talk to Father Jack :banghead

Second, contrary to what somebody said it IS quite possible to get drinks taken off if they are mistakenly put on the bill. Paul would sort that out in a hurry. I remember one time it happened to me in Dollhouse, the manager Captain Picard sorted it out right then and there. A bar that will not do this, or at least buy you a drink, does not deserve your hard earned.

Third, I think this is a great thing about forums like this. Knowledge is a good thing, a chance to bring up an issue quietly so the bar can improve its service for the only one that matters: you, the customer.

Gentlemen, as a dissipate drunk who spends far more time and money in gogo bars than is good for him, I'd like to weigh in here.

First of all, Paul is a top bloke and if you have any problems whatsoever just bring it to his attention. Be sure to ask to talk to Father Jack :gulp

Second, contrary to what somebody said it IS quite possible to get drinks taken off if they are mistakenly put on the bill. Paul would sort that out in a hurry. I remember one time it happened to me in Dollhouse, the manager Captain Picard sorted it out right then and there. A bar that will not do this, or at least buy you a drink, does not deserve your hard earned.

Third, I think this is a great thing about forums like this. Knowledge is a good thing, a chance to bring up an issue quietly so the bar can improve its service for the only one that matters: you, the customer.

Many Thanks Don.

Hurry back, the girls are missing you!

Regards

Paul

:clap2

Many Thanks Don.

Hurry back, the girls are missing you!

Regards

Paul

:D

I think lady forget me :bow

Monkey 01, come on back to Misty's for more of the same. The drinks are on me -- until it's your round of course.

I'll just add to what I said before by stating that IMHO the service and manner of all employees at Misty's is head and shoulders above anything else on the soi. Just be forewarned that any girl you "glance" at in Misty's has quite possibly had a "glans" from me :bow :bow

Hi Notsobrite

You claim your Bill was 900 Baht after just 4 Drinks - perhaps you would like to share with me what those 4 Drinks were because I can't find a combination from our Price List that reaches anywhere close to that figure? :drunk:

Well I didn't want to prolong this debate but I just thought that I would clear up this last query of yours.

Just to make it clear - although I only ordered 4 drinks another 4 were ordered 'on my behalf'.

As I mentioned earlier...

The total on my bill was running at 900 baht after 20 minutes, even though I had only ordered 4 drinks. During the 20 minutes I was there I didn't notice them take away the itemised bill and put it back into the bin with 4 more unauthorised drinks added on to it - including drinks for the two mamasans.

Then you queried my observation that Mistys never ever seems to be busy whenever I have visited. I had said..

Your 'large and loyal' customer base was not in evidence that night or on any of the other nights that I had visited on previous visits to Thailand - one of the striking memories of anyone visiting your bar are the many empty seats.

You not surprisingly disagreed..

Yet again, the fact that you suggest Misty's is empty every night gives me good reason to suspect you have never even set foot inside!

Well, don't just take my word for it...this is what LBJ observed when he popped in to see the effects of your latest 'Mistys Madness' campaign, only just 3 days ago.

Night 13 - October 20

We went to Happy, What's Up, Mistys, and then Club Boesche. Out of those four, Mistys had the least amount of business but the other three were doing nicely at the time.

:banghead