Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Anyone have contacts at THAI Airways?

My fellow boardies, :bow :D

I'm an ANA member using mileage on this trip but as I wanted to fly via LOS :D on my way to Sydney from Tokyo I teamed up with Star Alliance partner TG on the BKK/SYD return leg. I fly back next Tuesday from SYD to BKK and wanted to stay 2-3 days in LOS before flying back to Tokyo with TG.

When I booked the flights ANA said I only could have a stopover on one leg so I had six days in LOS on the way over. :clap1 :banana :drunk :lovee

ANA says on the return I can't stopover for longer than 24 hours. :D

Why they have such a killjoy rule is beyond me as what's it really matter to them? :ang2

Anyway, I tried my luck and called THAI in Sydney today and was told no can do, I must deal with ANA.

Anyone have a contact in THAI who can pull a few strings?

PM me if you can help out. :clap2 :bow

I'll try to repay the favor.

ANA says on the return I can't stopover for longer than 24 hours.

Why they have such a killjoy rule is beyond me as what's it really matter to them? :sorry

Well it seems quite obvious that for the airlines, it is more lucrative to sell a passenger 2 tickets rather than one, and let him break his journey. I frequently went from the Middle East to USA on BA, and wanted to break my journey in the UK....buying my own domestic ticket to visit family for a few days. I often hit the 24 hour rule and was told my ticket (Business Class) didn't permit this, when the ticket was issued... but a ticket that did, was much more expensive.

Strangely enough, I could sometimes just change my onward leg from the UK, to a day or 2 later, when I landed in London. :poke

Edited by jacko
I often hit the 24 hour rule and was told my ticket (Business Class) didn't permit this, when the ticket was issued... but a ticket that did, was much more expensive.

Strangely enough, I could sometimes just change my onward leg from the UK, to a day or 2 later, when I landed in London. :party

Which is what I'm trying to do, so your point is? :party

No one here parties with the president of Thai Airlines?

Times have certainly changed ... :D

Which is what I'm trying to do, so your point is? :clap2

Times have certainly changed ... 2guns

Who is the president this week? :drunk

The directors of Thai Airways International all resigned yesterday to let the government appoint a new board to deal with at least three pressing issues, industry sources said.

The new directors will be chosen jointly by the Transport and Finance ministries.

The first priority is the controversial plan to move the flag carrier's flights out of Don Mueang Airport to the new airport, Suvarnabhumi.

Second is selecting the airline's new president from some 11 applicants.

Edited by CheshireTom
Which is what I'm trying to do, so your point is? :banghead

Times have certainly changed ... The point was in the bit of the quote you clipped. It is not a killjoy limitation purely to inconvenience you, and it does matter to them. Particularly as they are mileage tickets. I think it is quite flexible of them to allow a break of journey even one way! There are extra costs to the airline with airport taxes.