Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Hello,

My name is Bill, from the United States.

I visited Pattaya in June 2002, as a military member with Cobra Gold, and had a wonderful time.  I've been looking for a website that provides good information about Pattaya, and this site looks good.

I am planning a trip to Pattaya, and may bring an interested pal.  I will likely stay at the Residence Garden Hotel ($32 a night -great deal).  And will definitely spend time in the FLB Bar.

I can plan my trip between late December 2003 and May 2004.  I am still learning about Pattaya.  Is there a "good time" or "not so good time" to visit Pattaya.  I heard that Songkran in April can be a wet, and that some tourists don't like it.  Are there any holidays/celebrations in the Spring that I should try to be in Pattaya for, or is Pattaya "always" as good a time as it was when I visited in June 2002?

Any information you can provide would be great.

Sincerely,

Bill

Hi Bill,

Some of the local expats and long termers can answer better than I , but I've been in both December and May.

I don't think there is any bad time to visit, just be aware that Nov-Feb is "high" season when Thailand gets the most tourists and as a result prices go up on hotels and some other things.  

High: More tourists, also more girls, higher prices

Low: less tourists, less girls (but less competition for girls), lower prices.

Also, the earlier you go in your time frame the cooler (relatively!) it will be.

I'll be back in late December/early January and can't wait!

-Vox

Bill

Welcome to the board.  I would never go during Songkran, it is terrible.  The RG is a great hotel.  I think this board is a great source of information about Pattaya.  Also www.bahtbus.com  is a great website and and has a great map.  

Have a great time, I have to wait until Superbowl Sunday.

cheers

kj

• 2 weeks later...

Bill, Some of the hotels have deals which start in May (start of the low season) buy one night get one free. Alos on royal birthdays nearly all the bars close (well do not sell alcohol). If you go for a short time avoid these holidays.

Bill, Some of the hotels have deals which start in May (start of the low season) buy one night get one free. Alos on royal birthdays nearly all the bars close (well do not sell alcohol). If you go for a short time avoid these holidays.

Bars in soi7/8 will be open but very low key. Might be better to keep a girl for a couple of days when the buddah days are in force.

to the extent my opinion matters, i'm leaving (from LA) on the 18th for my 15th trip (i'm ruined), i've been to pattaya at all different times of the year, and its always been pattaya

in other words, i now go nowhere else in the world no matter the season

enjoy bill

and don't forget your atm card; its the best way to get baht

• 3 weeks later...

Songkran is awful in Pattaya although the water and talc throwing is supposed to last 1 day only, it lasts all week in Pattaya, with drunken farangs being among the worst offenders. My mate got knocked off his motor bike by some of these idiots using a water cannon from the back of a baht bus, result broken wrist and 1500 bahts worth of damage to the bike. Elsewhere Songkran can be fun but beware the suicidal driving, many people visit their families up country and want to get there soonest.

We always bugger off to Koh Samui, Koh Chang or Sihanoukville.

From the beginning of May through June & July many hotels start doing maintenance work which can be noisy. Friends have conplained a lot about this. Although work rarely starts before 9:00 AM holidaymakers who have been up partying till 4:30 AM become manic about it.

stevoh.

I visited Pattaya in June 2002, as a military member with Cobra Gold, and had a wonderful time.  

Is there a "good time" or "not so good time" to visit Pattaya.  

Hi Bill, a little ironic but I'd have to say the 'not so good time' is in fact when Cobra Gold is in town!

Chok dee

Hi Bill, a little ironic but I'd have to say the 'not so good time' is in fact when Cobra Gold is in town!

Chok dee

You are way too late on that response, about a month too late.  Oh I forgot you can't count, you lose count on how many presidents have been shot. You must be mad about your passport being useless.

john

You are way too late on that response, about a month too late.  Oh I forgot you can't count, you lose count on how many presidents have been shot. You must be mad about your passport being useless.

john

You seem to have this amazing ability to read my posts and see something completely different to what I've written. Do you see fairies at the end of the garden as well?

Try to UNDERSTAND what is being said in a posting before replying to it, that way you will not make yourself look like a c*nt.