Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Just back home from my last trip. (report on the way if interested)  ;D

Which brings me to:- I'm interested in finding out if there are any like minded people out there who like the Thai music scene, be it pop, dance, disco or any that you can't get on the western bit of this rock.

You must've heard '40,40,45' or 'DJ Banana' at some point on your journey. 'Where, where are you?' I've checked winmx but not much sucCess  :D

Nuff said.

Cess

hicess

i  love  thai  music

when  im in  pattaya i always stock  up on

thai music vcds from  tower records

they  cost  bout  350  baht  and  last  an hour

they  have  subtitles  in  thai  and  in  a  way  that  english  speaking  people  can  read

pattayaman

Hi Cess,

See if you can get a copy of  "RCA dance hits"  or "Best Dance 199" on the net. If not :

Here are some artist / song name you can search for :

Jessica Jay  ( coco melon, My Macho )

Objectors feat. Marie Noel ( allons enfant )

Clon ( First Love )

Pizza Boy ( oh, le le )

DJ Finarski  ( Calinca )

Paffendorf  ( where are you )

Be aware that there are plenty of remixes of the songs out there so you might have to look awhile before you find the original song :D

Also look for "kat"  "annita" &  "china dolls".  

I can give you alot more names if you want to  ??? !

Looking forward to the report  ;D

Hope this is of any help !

Best Regards,

Mats

Cess:

I've got a bunch of songs on my hard drive that I was going to burn on a CD for my friend so he can dream of LOS (he can't make it back until next spring).  I recorded from Audiogalaxy site (before it went down) and Kazaa.  It's not the stuff I would normally listen to, but when you are jonesing for pattaya they are good to throw on.  The songs include:

Where Are You (live and studio)

A couple Chinadolls songs (Mosquito and ?)

A couple Venga Boys songs

Bon Jovi It's my Life

A couple of Pogues songs about Pattaya

An Aqua song

And some other songs I can't remember (I'm at work now).  I can burn you a copy if you want, I'll be in Pattaya late Nov/early dec and back next spring. Let me know.

Hub

Ray:

Kazaa.com.  Make sure you get ad-aware from lavasoft to clean up the ad software (adware) audiogalaxy, kazaa and other similar programs put on your computer.  I usually clean all adware off my computer, and then just reinstall Kazaa when I want to download something.

Hub

Thanks Hub I will take a look see at that site when I get time later today.   :)

With AUdioGalaxy I was actually a Gold member as it was quite cheap and gave a quicker service, no ads and I believe they were going to pay part of the small monthly sub to the artists. I agreed with that as long as it cut out the greedy record companies and forced them to perfectly reasonably halve the price of their CD's.   8)

Thanks for the input fellahs. I brought back some (lots) of V/CD's but my case could not hold the quantity required for my 'Dreams of Siam' fix.

Mats, yes there are plenty of mixes it's just finding the rights one.

Well if anyone is interested I'll leave winMX running.

Cess

Hi Guys,

I've become a big fan of Thai music since my first trip and now have a reasonable large collection.  Below are a couple of websites which may be of interest.  The first is an online shop and the second I think has every thai album ever made for free although only in rm format.

Hope this helps.

Daniel

http://www.ethaicd.com/

http://12.228.35.127/thaimuzic/home.htm

Danielbudd, i like the thaimuzic site as well. I haven't found any download section in there, is there a way to dl the music there? TIA B-Man!

Can't help you aznlvnblk.  :(

The way we found out 'ch00nz' was to keep asking around. And very helpful that can can be,  also a great icebreaker.  ;D

Here's some that we kept hearing...

peter sareewong-sings microphone-02-fo dee fai(sounds like 40-40-45) a tad rude :D

Pa-la-pol - #3 Yung yim dai - 02 - Jai kor

Ta nee is banana-DJ banana

and lots from 'Loso'

and the western stuff

Paffendorf - Where Are You

Pizza Boys - oh le le

Good luck on your quest!

Cess

cbrib,

As far as I can see the whole site is downloadable, I've had no problems.

First choose an artist from the front page, say Christina.

Second choose a song from the drop down album menu's and left click.

Then success and the song downloads direct to your harddrive and plays automatically.

Hope this helps

Daniel

Hey Daniel, for me it just opened automatically in real player but i will look in a few different folders to see if it is still on the hard drive. Thanks, B-Man!

• 2 weeks later...

Cess,

I'd back up what Mats says. I'm after the rock version of Where Are You (which is probably the one you've heard if you frequent beerbars), which is a truly great song, but the versions on RCA hits Vols 1 and 2 (I bought both) are inferior, nothing like the rock one. In fact a new rock version was doing the rounds when I was in Pattaya this Summer which has had a guitar added similar to the guitar at the start of 999's "Emergency". If anyone knows where I can get this version, please post.

hi

if  you  look  for  modern  music  from  thailand

check  out  the  site  below

it  has  full downloadable  cds

recommend  cds by   dj  ake

also  has  a  range  of  music  software  you  can  download

try  it  out

www.upkajuy.com

pattayaman

hi

if  you  look  for  modern  music  from  thailand

check  out  the  site  below

it  has  full downloadable  cds

recommend  cds by   dj  ake

also  has  a  range  of  music  software  you  can  download

try  it  out

www.upkajuy.com

pattayaman

Way too many pop up windows. Makes it too much of a hassle.

SF dude

I always buy Thai CD's when I'm there. It's one of the first things I do when I get in town. I also like to browse the Japanese Pop stuff too (Ayumi Hamasaki, Globe, etc...) since they are like $10.00 US there and if I order them online they are like $50.00.  

The other thing that is cool about the Thai CD's is that, since they are so cheap, I'm not afraid to buy one I don't know since I won't loose much if I don't like it.  

Oh well, time to go dream.

2 Days left

Well now they also do VCD and CD bundles, makes singing along more fun.

Ok, so I can't sing, but it makes me a singing seksee man now!  ;D

Cess

ps thanks for all your input.