Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hi!

Can someone tell me some hotel/s where there

is a hook-up connection, cable or otherwise?

And please share any other experiance/advise

you have on computer connections in the rooms.

Thanks

Clark

Hi Clark,

You should consider the Residence Gardens! Not only is the place excellent in every respect, but a pc hook up there is simplicity itself!

There are 2 phone sockets one in the lounge and also one in the bedroom.

I take my laptop and always stay there, nevr had a problem yet witht he connection and was getting 48/49 on every connection.

I used a loxinfo package that gives 20 hours online for around 180 baht if i remember correctly.

These can be bought in most of the internet cafe's and also the software shops in  and around Pattaya

The cost of connection in the hotel is only 5 baht for as long as you are connected as it's a local access number so no heavy phone bills to add to your account.

I hope this helps mate, i am sure there are many other hotels/condo's that offer the same as far as hook up is concerned mate but i can only coment the the residence gardens.

Best of luck

Regards

Dave G

• 2 months later...

On a side note, I am thinking about bringing my laptop (thank god I had the foresight to buy something light <3.3 lbs>). On my last trip I tried plugging it into the hotel outlet (Grand President in BKK) on the advice of the computer tech support because it's supposedly rated for the 240v but the damn thing cooked. I bought a transformer from Radio Shack (on the salesman's recommendation) but am still a bit paranoid about bringing it.

I guess the short question is do any of the hotels offer 110v??? I can do most of my computing in the internet cafes, but there are some things I just need my PC to do.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance....

• 4 weeks later...

Dude,, what kind of laptop do you have?  I have been plugging into the Grand President for the past 5 years without  any problems.  Other than a slow connection.  The power supply on most laptops 100~240 and 50~60 hz.  Very strange.

Arizkid

it is a fujitsu lifebook p2040.

hey, no one was more surprised than me when the damn thing popped and fizzed. luckily fujitsu replaced it at no cost, but they were stumped too.

i'm beginning to think i should stick to paper and pen for my trips to thailand.

• 3 weeks later...

You must have had a computer lemon.  All lap tops should accept any power input.  The cords convert it down to 9 volt direct current.  I powered my iBook with no problem in Pattaya this summer and I connected to my AOL account on their Rayong number with no problem.  There was a long distance charge for the Rayong calls but they weren't expensive.  If I was staying for a while I'd buy the local service provider package.  You should have no problems connected and you don't need a transformer.