Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

trying to find hotel with either ramped or level access for a wheelchair user , trying for 3 weeks direct to hotels and the response abysmal

have looked at Areca but cannot get feedback on access in and out of hotel , do not need any special in room facilities just to be able to get in and out of hptel.

Have been to Pattaya 4/5 times before and none of the hotels we stayed at are any good , for wheelchairs , even if like the Marriott and others say they are .

Any feedback will be gratefully received .Alan ???

>do not need any special in room facilities just to be able to get in and out of hptel.

I stayed Nautical Inn in soi 11 beach roard with my wife in wheel chair.  They have slope at the hotel entrance, but no special facility in the room.

On the web page of Sun Shine Vista in soi 3, they write they have two rooms for handicapped, but they have only a toilet, but to get in to the hotel by a wheel chair is OK.

Weekender

http://www.weekenderhotel.com/

They say they have rooms  disabled people are easy way of coming and going.  The hotel recommend that

handicapped tourists consider visiting the hotel.

Woodland resort

http://www.woodland-resort.com/en/index.htm

The hotel have Handicapped friendly 40 sp. m  room(s).

Thai Garden Resort

north pattaya rd.

The resort is handicapped and wheel chair user friendly.

All public areas are reachable for wheelchair users.

http://www.thaigarden.com/indexenglish.html

DIANA   GARDEN  LODGE

Soi Yume (North Pattaya)

(on the Diana Driving Range)

Now few disabled persons are living.

This place is too far from the center.

Nova Park serviced apartments on Soi Sukrudee

(behind the Bangkok Bank on Pattaya Second Road)

http://www.pattayamail.com/511/features.shtml

studios, one bedroom and two bedroom,

About 5 minutes walk from the second road near soi 6.

I  thought this place is good for living with my wife.

cheers.

Guest chrisgng22

Alan i was thinking about people in wheelchairs last time i was in Pattaya, you have been before so you will know all about the paths and roads,i was walking along oone path on beach road near soi 9 and all of a sudden there is a great phone box on the path no chance of a wheelchair getting past also the height of the path to the road was very high,i saw a lot of hurdles like this in Pattaya, it,s not very wheelchair friendly anyway good luck to you,im sure you know all about it.

Alan i was thinking about people in wheelchairs last time i was in Pattaya, you have been before so you will know all about the paths and roads,i was walking along oone path on beach road near soi 9 and all of a sudden there is a great phone box on the path no chance of a wheelchair getting past also the height of the path to the road was very high,i saw a lot of hurdles like this in Pattaya, it,s not very wheelchair friendly anyway good luck to you,im sure you know all about it.

the way you act it won't be long until you are in a wheel chair.

john

Guest chrisgng22

hey (used Johnny) piss off i was trying to be helpful here and all you do is spout your stupid gob off, follow me around at your peril! [smiley=poke2.gif]

Last time i stayed in Pattaya i stayed in Eastiny inn soi 8.

As i remember there where no problem for a wheelchair to get in and out of the hotel. I think they have a ramp.

Only 10 weeks and counting:)

Thanks for all the info , not one of the hotels have vacancies for the period we want and the Woodlands have not even bothered to answer my emails direct to thier web site 8 from my records over 3 weeks ! Perhaps they do not care that maybe you would require room/s at a later date and would contact them due to the good customer service you received from them 1

Have decided  to stay at the Amari again and the walk/push will do us , my Dad and I the power of good .

Once again thanks for all postings , Alan

A number of hotels in Pattaya have luggage ramps that can also be used for wheelchair access, but might be as steep as 45 degrees.  Hotel bellboys always helped me in & out of the hotel I stayed at (Sabai Inn).

Pattaya, with the exception of some hotels & public buildings, is not wheelchair accessible in general, or particularly hazard-free to navigate for anybody, even if they aren"t handicapped.

But with advance planning & a little extra allotted time, my handicap was not a problem & I was able to enjoy myself as much as when I was not handicapped visiting Pattaya 20 yrs ago.

albaker:

Many Pattaya hotels & other buildings have stepped entrances because of the potential for flooding & many of those have luggage ramps that can be used for wheelchair access.  These can be as steep as 45 degrees but hotel bellboys were always there to help me in & out of the hotel I stayed at (Sabai Inn).

Accommodation options are not limited just because hotels might not advertise they are wheelchair accessible.  Many ARE accessible, although minimally.  Just remember this is Thailand, & the Americans w/Disabilities Act  usually doesn't apply.  A helpful thing that I found is that many hotels now have grab-bars in the bathrooms.   Many recent rennovations in Pattaya include features like this.

As other posters have mentioned, once you're out of the hotel, Pattaya isn't particularly safe for a wheelchair-bound or otherwise handicapped person to navigate, especially at night ( even if a person has no mobility problem).  Have an able-bodied person help you from place to place (you could even hire someone very reasonably for this, but my TG helped me get safely around).

Pattaya has many friendly people ready & willing to help tourists, & with some advance planning & extra allotted time, I enjoyed myself as much as I did when I wasn't handicapped visiting Pattaya 20 yrs ago.

Richard

(I may have double-posted this.  Sorry!)