Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I plan to be in Pattaya late November and called the Flipper Lodge to ask how far ahead I should make a reservation. The woman at the desk said they were full until May! Is this really true? Or is it a miscommunication, or perhaps some sort of scam? Is there another way I should try making the reservation?

Its isnt unusual for Hotels to be full from Mid-November onwards.

The Flipper probably has a regular clientelle and I would suspect many of them would be long stays though the bit about being full untill May stretches credibility a bit.

End of Feb I could accept, though they might be doing some redecorationg from Feb onwards and its always better to say you are full rather than redecorating

You might want to try one more time using email instead of the phone.  I don't have their email address but I believe you can contact them through their website.

www.flippergroup.com

Emil

I tried to book with Flipper Lodge for end December as well and were told they were full.  However, when I tried them through an internet hotel booking service I was told there were available rooms at Flipper Lodge.  If I knew this was a reliable I'd confirm it, but the whole thing seems a little shady to me.  Anyone ever book a room in LOS through one of these services?

Not only flipper I have tried to book various hotels from 15/11/2003 and they are all full , with the exeption of the 4/5 star hotels and 1/2 of them had no vacancies , begining to wonder if the US fleet is in town as hotels are hard to find then but this from my experience is usually earlier part of year .

Alan

Albaker,

I have used one of the online agents before, sorry can't recall which one, but one like the following.   http://www.thaihotelsonline.com/pattaya.htm  have to say they were really good, we had trouble finding something I wanted and they just kept coming up with alternatives, so some are good.

Also, I have just booked Sandysping Soi 13, depending on what you want to pay, they may have something around 1,000 per night.

albaker,

here's their email if you want to try them, I have not stayed there before but it looks good.  info@sandyspringhotel.com

However, when I tried them through an internet hotel booking service I was told there were available rooms at Flipper Lodge.  If I knew this was a reliable I'd confirm it, but the whole thing seems a little shady to me.  Anyone ever book a room in LOS through one of these services?

I have used www.sawadee.com before and again for this trip, they confirm availability first and then ask you to pay by credit card. No problems with the company and good service too. I believe that the online booking service in the FLB hotel section is res24 and their online booking pages look the same as Sawadee - perhaps the same company? Regardless, it's a good service and you have the peace of mind that the hotel is booked and paid for. I wish they would add the Penthouse to the list, the Penthouse require me to send a fax with credit card details.... ::)