Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Sandy Spring female guest policy

Distinguished Gents.  Thinking about the Sandy for my next trip in Feb but had a question. I've read some excellent reviews on this hotel. One person however, wrote this:

"They check in your guest and fill in a form id which you both sign that says the guest has no right to use any of the hotel facilities."

Can anyone confirm this?  Seems a small hassle for every girl you bring back, having to sign forms.

Also, can't seems to make a reservation via the website, that part of the site won't work.

CC,

I have just made a reservation, they are very quick with the emails and confirmed my booking within hours.  Sorry like you have just read the reports and thought I would try it.  Also, if your after a suite, they wont discount suites with the members deal they have, only the cheaper rooms.   So I thought stuff it......  booked the suite as has walk in shower....... seperate bath, and sea views with big balcony, Bt2,500 sounds alot but convert to (for me) Aus dollars and it's about 90 bucks a night..........  I dont have enough holidays to worry about the cost.  Cheers

CC,

I have just made a reservation, they are very quick with the emails and confirmed my booking within hours.  Sorry like you have just read the reports and thought I would try it.  Also, if your after a suite, they wont discount suites with the members deal they have, only the cheaper rooms.   So I thought stuff it......  booked the suite as has walk in shower....... seperate bath, and sea views with big balcony, Bt2,500 sounds alot but convert to (for me) Aus dollars and it's about 90 bucks a night..........  I dont have enough holidays to worry about the cost.  Cheers

How did you make the reservation? Can't seem to do it on the site.

To make a reservation at the Sandy Spring contact them by email at info@sandyspringhotel.com

Before I stayed there in June this year I had also heard the rumours about the girls needing to sign a form.  So I emailed the hotel:

continuing from before............(god knows how that part posting happened)..

anyway, I emailed the hotel as follows:

Dear Nuansri

>

>I am mailing to check your guest policy..

>

>I have spoken with a friend who told me that his girlfriend was not able to

>use the hotel pool during his stay recently.  I do not want this to happen

>during my visit so thought I would ask before I check in.  I have a

>girlfiend in Pattaya who I will meet up with while I am there and I will

>expect to bring her back to the hotel.  If she will not be able to stay or

>use the pool please let me know.

The response was:

Dear sir

Thank you for your information.  For our hotel,  We

are welcome  your girlfriend too.  She can swim

with you.  Did your friend have the problem at our

hotel?  

When I arrived there was no problem at all, they did not even check the ID.

Stayed there again in September and the mystery form materialised.  Same girl but this time when she arrived at the hotel to meet me they took her ID and got her to sign a form saying she would not use any of the facilities of the hotel.  When I found out I packed my bag and walked down to reception to check out.  So they gave her back her ID, tore up the form, gave me a free beer by way of an apology and all was well.

So in my experience they will try the form but will soon back down if you cause a fuss.

"Stayed there again in September and the mystery form materialised.  Same girl but this time when she arrived at the hotel to meet me they took her ID and got her to sign a form saying she would not use any of the facilities of the hotel.  When I found out I packed my bag and walked down to reception to check out.  So they gave her back her ID, tore up the form, gave me a free beer by way of an apology and all was well.

So in my experience they will try the form but will soon back down if you cause a fuss. "

Wow..that's awful, but it seems you shouldn't have to put up a fuss!

Do they make every girl you bring back from the bars sign a form?

It appears Sandy Spring is very guest unfriendly . I'll stick with Sunshine Vista.   In soi 3  but a baht bus to Walking street every 2 seconds !!!  Absolutely no guest hassle.   Full use of pool etc.  1

Cheers Hall

I stayed at the Sandy Spring Hotel for 4 nights in July 2003. I took a different bargirl back to my room on 2 consecutive nights and she was asked to leave her ID at the front desk-no form to complete. On my 3rd day in Pattaya, I was introduced to a non-bargirl by a friend and his wife from Udon Thani. That night, she wanted to stay with me. When we entered the hotel, the lady at the front desk said something to her in Thai. My ladyfriend answered in Thai and we then proceeded to the elevator without her leaving her ID at the frontdesk. On the 4th night, we entered the hotel and the same lady at the front desk was very pleasant and nothing was said about my friend leaving her ID.  

Big Dan: I stayed at the Sandy Spring back in July 2003 and I did not have any trouble with any of the guests. I had some problems with some of the staff, but none of the guests. I am a pleasant guy and I get along with everyone. The problem that I had with the staff was that it would not get hard after a few times with my girl.

kjvegas,

thanks, I have read alot about RG but tend to stay on the beach road / second road circut.  I have stayed Flipper, Eastiny, Pinewood, Montiem, Dusit, Marriot, but really like the sound of and location of Sandy Spring, hope it lives up to expectations.  Cheers

I stopped at the Sandy spring in July & August no problems what so ever. You can bring back as many girls as you like, some times they ask to leave the B.G's ID which should be no problem the girls can use the Hotel swimming pool.

Bigmike.

P.S. bigdan I told you all this before.

Have just received an OK from Sandy springs re my reservation for a suite from October 23rd for 8 nights.

As to my Question about the guest policy they mentioned that there are no restrictions, but they will check ID.

Alan

If and when I can ever get back to Pattaya  :-/ the Sandy Spring hotel looks like a good hotel to stay in (from what I can gather from a few thousand miles away). The rather central Soi 13 location is close to ideal for me.

This, from Stickman's Weekly of 21st September :

"Finding a decent hotel in Pattaya gets easier and easier.  And many of the new entrants are ‘guest-friendly’ which means they don’t care who you take back to your room. Best of the best for my money is the Sandy Spring Hotel on Soi 13 Pattaya Beach Road.  Good rooms at 990 baht, Deluxe at 1,500 and a superb suite with great sea views and two TVs for 2,500 baht."

Gordon