Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Clicked the link in the "Read This First" post above, but can't get the link to book rooms at over 500 to work.

Do any of you know what the best rates at HR and where to get them? Is walking in a horrible idea?

Also, best rates at Buena Vista, Eastiny or the two Flipppers, this time of year?

Can't wait!  Thanks for the help. GS

Its only my opinion and you can take it anyway you want. The Hard Rock Hotel is way overpriced and you could get a better deal elsewhere. Pig & Whistle on Soi 7 is a great deal, also the Flipper Inn and the Sunshine Hotel have budget accomodations.

6 days till LOS but whoose counting?!  

GS,

You should have no trouble finding a room at this time of the year.  If you walk in they will quote you a daily rate, then ask them how much they will charge if you stay for a period of time.  The longer you stay the better the deal.  Right now both Flipper House and Sunshine have banners up showing their promotions.  I'm not familiar with the Buena Vista, but if you mean the Bella Vista located next to the Pig and Whistle you shouldn't be paying more than 650 a night, however they don't have a pool.  I was in Pattaya last month and walked in without a reservation and no problem getting a room, most hotels less than 50% full.  Have fun.

Emil

GS

I Had a good time at Hard Rock on my last trip but I will tell you that it really is overpriced.

Great Service, nice people, great pool, unreal food served by roomservice, but the rooms really are just average.

In my opinion you should save your money and find another hotel.  

I usually stay at the RG and I thought I would just try something different.  RG is much better, in my opinion.

Now the JWM Hotel in BKK is spendy but worth every Baht.  I think you mentioned in one of your posts that you might splurge and spend your first night there.  You won't regret it.

Have a great trip!

Beach Boy

hard rock overpriced?

maybe, it cost me 58 dollars a night last year.

the pool is unbeatable, rooms are what you would expect and drinks on the high side..

depends on your budget. if you do not have a problem paying the $ then try it for 3 nights or so.

for me it was the last 3 nights of my stay with a long time, and exactly what i was looking for.

the flipper would be my first choice, every time, only its either always booked or having construction work etc.

people tend to go a bit overboard with the residence garden which is a nice enough place, but to compare it with the hard rock?

if you are still interested post here and i will look who i made my reservation with.

Baz Tench,

Overpriced for me...I paid 75.00 USD.

Still even at 58.00 USD I think it is overpriced.  

Overall the RG is better in my book.  The rooms at the hard rock suck and are nothing special at all.  I use the room a lot more then I use a pool and anyway the pool at the RG is just fine.  Actually, the pool at the RG has friendlier people to talk to.    

Never stayed at the Flipper so can't compare it to anything.

One of the things that is great about Pattaya is that there are so many hotels to choose from.  What is good for one person may not be for another.

We all have different tastes so it is best to listen to someone you know has similiar tastes.

:)

Sure Baz, if you're willing to take the time to provide that info, I'd appreciate it.

By the way, the reason I'm interested in the HR is because of the pool area, which looks great in the pic's I've seen.  With the swim-up bar,  the cabanas, I can see hanging there for a few days, particularly with a pretty lady at my side. Thanks again.GS

GS,

One thing about the Thai girls and swimming, many don't have a suit, so on occasion you need to take them to a shop and buy them one.  Also many don't like the sun so make sure there is some shade around.

Emil

Oh well.........Just give me a full sized bed with Hot water and AC and ill be fine. in Pattaya i usually spend between 450 to 750 baht per night when it comes to Hotels.

75 USD per night?!

If im going to spend that kinda DOUGH i might as well go to the  Amari.

*I can almost smell the food stalls cooking. Can't wait for my trip*

the amari. now i would consider that hotel overpriced.

shit rooms, (for the price) no better than the eastinny and 600 bht joiner fee.

very good pool with swim up bar though.

i booked with asiatravel.com, but i believe the rates are now in the 65 dollar region.

try the h/rock website they have a promotion with rooms for 50 dollars.

the cabanas are pretty kewl for r+r in the absence of a worthy beach.

anyone know who the tart is next to englands finest?

i booked with asiatravel.com, but i believe the rates are now in the 65 dollar region.

try the h/rock website they have a promotion with rooms for 50 dollars.

the cabanas are pretty kewl for r+r in the absence of a worthy beach.

Thanks Baz, will check asiatravel out. I also saw that page with $50 rate at HR's website and I thought the webdesigner made a mistake because the page actually says that the rates are for people in the travel industry ... if we are talking about the same page. Anyway, I'll report when I get there. Speaking of which ... I'M LEAVING TODAY!!!!!! GS

• 2 weeks later...
Baz Tench,

Overpriced for me...I paid 75.00 USD.

Still even at 58.00 USD I think it is overpriced.  

Not overpriced at all you get what you pay for, or what you can afford. So are you just cheap or broke or both?

Not overpriced at all you get what you pay for, or what you can afford. So are you just cheap or broke or both?

lets see now.

beachboy made this post 20 days ago.

you really must be putting a lot of effort into finding a post where you can have a cheap dig at someone.

aint you got nowt better to do?

oh yeah, i forgot you have.

bleating about posts being in the wrong place.  [smiley=yawn.gif] [smiley=yawn.gif][smiley=yawn.gif]

lets see now.

beachboy made this post 20 days ago.

you really must be putting a lot of effort into finding a post where you can have a cheap dig at someone.

20 days or 20 minutes the truth is still the truth.

fishingtime,

You really make me laugh.

A man can be rich and still think something is overpriced.

Has nothing to do with being cheap or broke.

I know how much I am worth, and a few other board members know so I am not going to say anything else about the insult you have thrown at me.  

Beach Boy

Guys,

I just returned from the LOS, the Hard Rock is great, The next time I stay there.   The price is not too bad.  $50-$60-$75US still not too bad how many nice hotels in America can you get for that little money?  I paid over $200.00 when I was in Vegas a few weeks back.  I saw alot of Pattaya I did not see on previous trips.   I want to thank KEN and LAT for their helpful site.

John