Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Just back from Pattaya and bought a 7" tablet pc in Tuk .com from a fairly decent lad I have bought off before. It has dual sim card and is a copy (what's new there) its marked on the box as a P8800 MTK . Anyway to the point now back in the uk I tried my sim card in both the slots and cannot get it to work on either. Anyone have any ideas my sim is a pay monthly contract from 02.

Is it data voice or both what do not work?

remember that you have to set a configuration file up. Look at your service providers website.

Alternately spend a pound of your local news agent and buy a lycamobile sim to the see if that works. I use that service all the time in the uk, unlimited data,and calls to thailand at 2 pence per minute are available as an add ons.

Please let me know how you get on as I am considering buying something similar.

posted from my Samsung using Tapatalk 2.

Edited by Severn

After fiddling about a bit the phone is working sort of! well I am able to make calls but when it comes to importing the numbers from my sim card it does not give me the sim card option in the menu just that of the sd card! as for the data it shows the data is on but wont connect ! I understand what you mean by the lyca sim but I was wanting to use this tablet as a phone big and all as it is, I just wanted the bigger screen etc. I am not that sure with the config file etc so would be grateful with any help.

I have sent you a private message.

You could contact your normal service provider and ask them to send you a configuration file via sms.

Otherwise spend £1 on lycamobile sim and the lycamobile config instructions are here.

http://www.lycamobile.co.uk/en/mobilewebsettings

I had to set up the configuration file for my Samsung P1000 7" Tablet for my UK SIM (Talk Talk) when I got it and Thai SIM (AIS 3G) while away. I think I'll download those set up details soon in case I get a different Thai SIM next trip.

Glyn.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you fixed it Mr Darkman?

An update from you would be invaluable for others in a similar situation.

Apologies I have not had the time to even look at it again will try soon sorry, I have not forgotten you pm though and was in that site and was thinking when I get the time will sort it so that you get the recommendation credit!