Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Residence gardens with pics

I stayed at the Residence gardens in January for one week. I normally stay at the Pattaya Center Hotel. I like the Pattaya Center because they have big rooms, the tv channels are shite although I believe that has been improved but the rooms are jaded.

I opted to stay at the Residence because I was looking for something different. I enjoyed the location, the cleaniness, no hassles, and no bus loads of chinese.

Here are the pics if you are thinking of staying there at sometime. Price through the board is 1350 baht. Thanks to Pete and Ben.

Another plus are the succulent steaks to be enjoyed from as little as 295 baht.

Resgardens01.jpg

bedroom

Resgardens02.jpg

bedroom in room safe

Resgardens03.jpg

bathroom

Resgardens04.jpg

lounge

Resgardens07.jpg

another view of the lounge

Resgardens05.jpg

Swimming pool from balcony at night

Thanks for the Photos,

Now I'm sure that I've booked the right hotel to stay in. Looking forward to being in PTY

[shadow=red,left,300]Cheers Floyd[/shadow]

Thanks for taking the time for great pics.

Looks great, stopping there in 6 weeks time for first time and looking forward to it.

again cheers

Duece

These photos are Great  :)  I think you deserve a kickback from the hotel, and hopefully it will happen  :) From everything I have read and continue to see, this hotel would be my first choice when visiting Pattaya.

K  :o

???

the bed just does not look big enough??? for what???

it may not be big enough for a game of football, but it looks big enough for what a bed is supposed to be used for!

Frederick, there is a jack in the lounge that you can connect your pc or laptop to the net. I  didn't try although I was tempted to find out how effective the 28k speed was.

You can buy a internet pack from most good bookstores that is provided by thailands best supplier to date, Loxinfo but makesure you get the Pack prefixed for pattaya (038) and not 02 for BKK. There will be a big 038 on the top righthand corner on the fronrt of the pack.

The reason I never tried was there was an excellent internet cafe on the left hand side of the residence gardens as you walk out. The speed is great and they only charge 1baht per minute. It can get cheaper by buying time in advance. I never had reason to go to any other cafe in Ptty.

I use by laptop for pre writing trip reports, downloading photos and using my laptop  my CD player.

Frederick,

Just thought i would let you know in case your not aware that the Residence Gardens has a Monthly Rate of 30,000 Baht for 30 nights stay (Low Season).

Which is a great saving of 9000 baht on the already excellent rate given just for being a member of this board of 1300 baht per night!

Take Care

Dave G

• 3 months later...

i am heading to pattaya for a month how is the maid service and is there room service (hours of room service)

got my ticket already

i will be in town 18 oct -16 nov

Smitty,  It seems you don't like that they don't check the girls ID cards.  At other hotels that don't allow you to get to your security box after a certain hour, it's good if they check their ID's.  At RG you have an electronic safe in your room in which you use your own combination.  The first thing I did upon arriving to my room with a TG no matter what time of the morning it was was to head straight for the safe.  Watch, ring, wallet, digital camera or whatever went straight in to the safe.  There was nothing left for her to take besides clothes.  I didn't care if they checked her ID or not.  I felt very secure.  

I agree with steveman!

The electronic safe in your room is great.

There should be no need for you to leave money or anyhing of any worth lying around as temptation.

Cheers  :o

Duece

Floyd:

That wasn't room 306 was it?  Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part wanting to be back there, but it looks just like the room and view I had.

Just Curious,

Hub

Guests at The Residence Garden, who feel safer, if their TG is registered, can just ask the reception to do so.

The receptionists are all instructed to handle the matter discreetly.

I'm sorry but at 30000+ per month it looks rather plain to me. You can get much better monthly deals in Pattaya than that, especially in the low season! I have to aggree with Smitty that the security is very lax, I know this from personal experience.

Sanuk

Powerbob 8)

i wouldnt say the security was bad, just not what some people require. i sneaked a girl into the amari on my first trip just to avoid the 600bht joiner fee. when she was taking a shower i rifled through her bag. she had a 12inch rambo knife, a bag full of Es and other unidentified drugs, and 3 different id cards. i got rid on pretence that my girlfriend was on her way up. i do have a rather vivid imagination and ever since i have always insisted on  good security.  

• 4 weeks later...

Been here 3 days. First time I've stayed. Very nice place, VERY clean, good maid service. Not a bad walk to town but the baht Bus is real easy and cheap. Run all the time.

In room 207 which looks exactly like the pictures above too.

A few negatives for me are that the bed IS real small compared to a King size. 3 people are really crouded sleeping together and I'm not a big guy. Got stopped last night with my 2 Misty's ladies by the front desk and told I would have to pay a joiner fee for the 2nd lady. I think Ib should tell reception to not do that for people booking from the FLB bar at the special rate. I told them No and to talk to IB. As I haven't met him yet I think that was the right answer as other members here always say they don't pay the extra joiner fee.  If I do have to pay it then the hotel is not a bargain as the jojner fee is suppose to be 400 baht.

I was a little reluctant to do the "Walk of Shame" through the front restaurant and reception area. There are non -Sanukers staying there. I was also concerned about my 2 friends making too much noise since there are regular guests staying there to. Something I never have to do at other Sanuk type hotels.

But I am enjoying it there and it is nice to get away from the noise at night. Staying there 1 month so will update this later.

Would also recommend that Ib stock coffee and/or tea in the room. Even if it was an added minibar charge it would be worth it. I keep forgetting to stop at a market.

Room service food is suberb but takes a long time to arrive.

I'm giving it 4 stars and hope to upgrade that top 5 by the time I leave on Spet 1

Doc Duei

I was wondering if this place has pool service? Has anyone tryed there green curry chicken. Any foods to try while I am staying there.

65 days and a wake up :o, thats a long time :-/

thanks

rick aka thumper 8)

Regarding the Residence Garden, many people are concerned about the location.  When I was visiting in April I managed a panoramic shot of South Pattaya that seems to give a really clear idea of how far it is.  IMHO...I never considered the distance a problem even when on foot.  :)

ResidenceGardenToFlb.jpg

I have a much larger picture of this(1.6MB) that is located here:

http://www.douglaslash.com/Thailand/Reside...oFlbPicture.jpg