Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I would suggest you give the Dynasty Inn or Nana Hotel at try! They are both so close to the NanaPlaza you could fall out of each hotel and straight into a bar!

Or take a look a the freelancer bars hotel review page at the following link:

http://www.freelancerbar.com/cgi-bin/revie.../Hotels&key_1=1

Nana Hotel Link Link: http://www.nanahotel.co.th/html/index.html

Dynasty Inn Link:

http://www.dynastyinn.com/dy_dyinn.htm

Happy hunting

Dave G

Hi Kerbushar.

Just back from Thailand  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Anyway stayed at Woraburi Inn on Soi 4. ( part of the Sawasdee chain).

It's 8 minute walk from NEP on the right.

450 baht for deluxe room.(rates maybe up soon).

Rate room slightly below Dynasty at less than half the price. Good value restaurant.

Great value.

I'll be back.

chico, a sad dog,wooooooooff  8) 8) 8)

• 3 months later...

Personally I like Majestic Suites. A little bit more expensive then Nana or Dynasti but rooms are newer and the bathroom are much nicer (which is the main reason for me to chose this place)  :P

I just returned from Bangkok and stayed at the Manhattan Hotel.

I found the hotel great value for money, nice rooms with a big queen size bed. The cost was 950 Baht per night for a double room via Siam-Online internet booking (includes breakfast). The hotel advertised rate is significantly higher than this.

I liked the hotel location because it is back slightly from Sukumvit Rd and is therefore quiet, and is about halfway between Soi Cowboy and Nana Plaza. Also has an excellent buffet breakfast.

On the way from the airport the taxi driver recommended to me Bangkok Inn. Around b650 and he said good big rooms. I didn't look into it but it is in the same soi as the Swiss Park. Might be worth a look. Hope this helps. Cheers, B-Man!

This sounds good...did the hotel have a pool - one you could actually swim in?  Really need to swim off the excess of the night!

Thanks,

AllenBlue

I just returned from Bangkok and stayed at the Manhattan Hotel.

I found the hotel great value for money, nice rooms with a big queen size bed. The cost was 950 Baht per night for a double room via Siam-Online internet booking (includes breakfast). The hotel advertised rate is significantly higher than this.

I liked the hotel location because it is back slightly from Sukumvit Rd and is therefore quiet, and is about halfway between Soi Cowboy and Nana Plaza. Also has an excellent buffet breakfast.