Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

HNL TO BKK VIA CHINA AIR

China Air is not my favorite airline since their current fights from HNL to BKK make 2 stops - Taipei and Japan and arrive at about 0120 in the morn (if you are lucky - last time i used them they were about 2 1/2 hours late arriving).  HOWEVER.....they have a new flight...instead of leaving between 10 AM and noon like most flights out of Hawaii...this one leaves at 8 AM.....goes to Taipei...with a 50 minute layover....yes you heard me....50 minute......not 4 or 5 hours..and get this...it arrives at 1545.....instead of the usual after midnight.....almost like getting an additional day....this flight goes into effect on July 17.

HOWEVER.....they have a new flight...instead of leaving between 10 AM and noon like most flights out of Hawaii...this one leaves at 8 AM.....goes to Taipei...with a 50 minute layover....yes you heard me....50 minute......not 4 or 5 hours..and get this...it arrives at 1545.....instead of the usual after midnight.....almost like getting an additional day....this flight goes into effect on July 17.

;D  China Airlines with a 50 minute connection time! ;D  Got to give you credit for your optimism!  That said, their service onboard now is rapidly catching up with the main Asian airlines.

Tom

Howzit Upena,

I wish I knew about that sooner.  I'm taking the standard JAL flight which leaves HNL at 12:00 PM and arrives in BKK at 10:45 PM.  I leave 2 days shy of the new flights.

Jon

Upena,

I think the new schedule is only for flights from Honolulu to Bangkok and back on Thursdays and Sundays, the rest of the days, you get to enjoy the Taipei airport for the full 5 or 6 hours after making a stop at Narita as well (ugh).  A 50 minute connection time sounds real tight.  Hopefully some board member will let us know how that connection works out.  

• 6 years later...

Just found out the nice 14 hour flight we have had on China Airlines from Honolulu to BKK is being cancelled after March 25th, so it's going to be back to the old 21 hour flight with a long layover in Taipei, also means higher prices going through Japan, lucky us. Sure hope they bring it back in the fall!

I asked China Airlines what happened and was told they needed that plane for the new London to BKK flight starting March 28th and they didn't have any extra planes that could make the flight, so they cancelled the Honolulu flight. Does that make sense?

Edited by player
  • 3 weeks later...