Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

BA Codeshare Online Check-in ?

Every night there are 2 return flights from LHR to Bangkok , 1 Qantas & 1 BA , leaving & returning within 30 minutes of each other . BA & Quantas codeshare so even though you book a BA flight you could be on a Quantas plane & vice versa , depending what flight times you select .

I have got a good price for the flight (£463 ) using the Qantas flight code , using the BA code the price is £950 ! The flight is on the BA plane . But from what I read on the BA Executive Club website , I cannot use their online check-in facility because my booking was made using a Qantas code . One of my reasons for considering this flight was the ability to check-in early to ensure a good seat .

Am I reading the website right or is there a way of checking in online with the Qantas code ? Is there any other way of pre-booking your seat eg paying extra during booking ?

Thanks ,

Derek

Derek,

I can't comment on the on-line booking but when i travelled to Bangkok last November I was on the QANTAS flight. My knees seize up on long flights so I always insist on aisle seats, which as i check in at Edinburgh isn't normally a problem. This time, however, i was amazed when checking in at Edinburgh some 7 hours before the Bangkok flight was due to leave Heathrow, I was told that there were no aisle seats available! It seems that seats on QANTAS flights can be reserved 24 hours in advance and I would suggest therefore that you check in as early as possible and kick up a fuss at the gate if you can't get a decent seat.

I kicked up a fuss when i got to the gate and managed to get a free upgrade to Business Class, which was just as well as, after boarding took place on time, the plane eventually took off 2 hours late.

The return flight was with BA and as I had booked through one of their travel shops, i had my aisle seat pre-booked. Another reason I prefer BA to QANTAS.

Alan

i got to heathrow 6 hours early, and was told no window, no isle.

the geek at the desk told me f/flyers can reserve their seats online.

he did tell me to get a seat at the back, as they fill the plane up from the front(unless the back is requested) so any spare seats will be at thr rear.

got 3 seats to myself and slept like a 2 year old for 10 hours.

• 2 weeks later...

If you have a Qantas code you cannot use  BA online checkin even if you are on a BA flight,if you want to phone them up ask for a certain seat go for 29a or 29j.......trust me... ;)

Keep the Faith....

Shaun...

SS - don't you mean 29a & 29k ( 29j is a normal cramped seat ) . Cheers though , I would never have thought of those seats . But I think that with the new world traveller plus system row 29 is in that section  ;) .

Derek

Sorry fella your right ,always mix the 2 up.Row 29 is still in World Traveller on BA09 and BA10 though,came back friday and there was 2 undeserving souls in my fav. seats !!! ;D ;D ;D