Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Standby flights out of Amsterdam

Just had a note from an air courier who said there was a stand-by deal with KLM at Schipol Airport ... you check in and wait, usually no more than 24 hours unless very busy period.

Anyone know anything about this?

roehl,

bullshit,you have to go to the 2nd floor in the departure buiding nbr 3 and there is a office where you can have

and book a flight to a non specific destination.it can be to brazil or the us or singapore,""up to you""this is filling up the non sold chairs,it can be very cheap,but you have to take what is availeble.if you want to fly cheap  ???

and you have the time to wait in the check-in zone(there are toilets,restaurants) than try it but be prepared to stay some long waiting hours .24hrs+  :'(

Erikaya,

I dont quite understand just what your getting at with these standbye seats. Do you mean that you have no choice at all with your destination or are you saying that you can nominate your destination but probably will have to wait 24 hours or more. I would be gratefull for your clarification.

Kind regards

Griffo

Thanks guys,

The deal was you still fly to BKK just you ahve to wait for a cancellation to come through - the air courier used this system in past .. when I asked KLM they said the system no longer existed.

I'm now in Pattaya enjoying the weather [humidity not aas bad as I had expected] and the good deals around ... was on second road last night and drove past line of bars with 0 falangs ... the girls would like to see anyone at present.

Thanks again