Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Mercure behind Avenue Mall since makeover

I see from the hotel website that a makeover was done in 2017 and I was wondering if it has indeed changed for the better. From what I remember,the pool area now looks different. How about the room furnishings or the restaurant for a quick bite if I'm too lazy,hungover or its raining.(Yes,I know delivery is available from outside sources). 

It is where the Expats Club meets on Fridays. Yes the pool area has had some work, a few slides and showers to make it appeal to children, and is quite decent, although it has been hemmed in by condo buildings around. There is a coffee shop type of place and meals served around the pool. Not been in a room for a while but remember they used to be small dog friendly, although I think that was reserved for particular floors. My problem with the place is they now get many Indian customers. Sometimes a coach load arrives in the morning and it seems they have breakfast included and will pack the coffee shop.

Edited by jacko
2 hours ago, jacko said:

My problem with the place is they now get many Indian customers. Sometimes a coach load arrives in the morning and it seems they have breakfast included and will pack the coffee shop.

One bad aspect of living in Soi 15 is having to contend with the big tour buses going to Mercure, Whisper and Neta hotels. 

From my observations, you are correct that many Indians stay at Mercure. But there are quite a few East Asians as well. 

I suspect that a Westerner staying there is a bit of a rarity nowadays.