Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Still no change on the prices from Amsterdam in January,the cheapest is still Saudi.The out leg is 25 hours to arrive Bangkok 23:40! Agent prices on Skyscanner.

My last two trips to Bangkok I have extended the return date, upgraded and payed online,no problem with EVA.

I'm only asking,can you do that with a ticket from an agency?

Prior to Covid there were agency offices in the airport and I always used an agent who had an office there. This really worked out well when I had a couple of problems that needed immediate sorting.

Covid swept that away and since then I have only used on line platforms. Here is the result. Some have been great to deal with and very easy to contact. Some have been total rubbish and I would never use them again. All fares have been substantially cheaper than the present rates direct from agents.

This is just another case of prior research and asking the hard questions before committing to them.

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk

I've had both good and bad experiences booking through agents, but unfortunately the last issue I had with an agent with regards to dealing with a refund for a flight cancelled by an airline and moved the booking to another totally unsuitable flight left a sour taste.... The agent was of no help in chasing up the refund, so never got the refund.

Dealing directly with airlines I've never had a problem that hasn't been sorted, including refunds and flight changes.

Edited by TheFiend
  • Upvote 3
34 minutes ago, TheFiend said:

I've had both good and bad experiences booking through agents, but unfortunately the last issue I had with an agent with regards to dealing with a refund for a flight cancelled by an airline and moved the booking to another totally unsuitable flight left a sour taste.... The agent was of no help in chasing up the refund, so never got the refund.

Dealing directly with airlines I've never had a problem that hasn't been sorted, including refunds and flight changes.

Totally agree.  Used an agent OK for a few years then covid hit.  Had two return trips already booked that were cancelled (for me that's 4 flights).  The website basically almost shutdown quickly and all I was able to retrieve from those bookings was shopping vouchers.  GRRR...