Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Gremlins - Email Notifications and Fatal Errors

G'day,

Maybe it's "operator error" , but I don't seem to have these problems with other private boards like Nanapong and Go2Phil, so I thought I'd at least bring them to the attention of the illustrious Moderator :)

(i) Email notification of tagged thread.  When I click on the URL supplied by the email, I get "You are not allowed to access this section".  Fair enough, you need to log in, but on other Boards the URL takes you straight to the log in screen, then to your tagged message.  On this one, if I then click on the "Log In" link,  I still get the error message. Once this occurs, it locks me out, and the only solution is to start from scratch by going to the Freelancerbar homepage, logging into the Members forums, then finding the message the long way round. Frankly, this three stage process is a  bit of a nuisance.

(ii) Occasionally while navigating around the Members site, I get a message saying " A fatal / internal " error has occurred" and IE has a dummy spit and shuts itself down.  This seems to happen with monotonous regularity -  anyone know why?

Thanks,

Croc

G'day,

Maybe it's "operator error" , but I don't seem to have these problems with other private boards like Nanapong and Go2Phil, so I thought I'd at least bring them to the attention of the illustrious Moderator :)

(i) Email notification of tagged thread.  When I click on the URL supplied by the email, I get "You are not allowed to access this section".  Fair enough, you need to log in, but on other Boards the URL takes you straight to the log in screen, then to your tagged message.  On this one, if I then click on the "Log In" link,  I still get the error message. Once this occurs, it locks me out, and the only solution is to start from scratch by going to the Freelancerbar homepage, logging into the Members forums, then finding the message the long way round. Frankly, this three stage process is a  bit of a nuisance.

(ii) Occasionally while navigating around the Members site, I get a message saying " A fatal / internal " error has occurred" and IE has a dummy spit and shuts itself down.  This seems to happen with monotonous regularity -  anyone know why?

Thanks,

Croc

The security on the board is quite high, hence the need to log in before reading messages.  Some time ago we had a problem with locals accessing the board from internet cafe's in Pattaya because members passwords were remembered.

It's far more important that security is good rather than making access easy.  It only takes a few seconds to log in and it protects us all.

Your problems with IE6 sound more like an operating system problem on your machine.  I use IE6 and do not experience any problem.

Thanks Pete,

No arguments from me about the necessity for Board security, just the problem of inconsistency and occasionally getting locked in a "loop".

Curiously, when I received my email notification of your message above, I clicked the URL and went straight into the forum!  Although I guess this is part of the non-members or "open" section.

It stopped me when I attempted to reply, and I had to log in at that point, again no problems with this.

For reference I still use IE5.0.  

Anyway, far more important things are calling - like my flight to BKK on Weds!  ;D  Hope to drop by FLB about 28 March.

Cheers,

Croc