Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Quiet island/ beaches needed

After a few weeks of partying, I would like to find a nice quiet beach/ island where I can relax, get some sun and do a bit of swimming. ( not bothered about BG's for a few days )

Don't want to be disturbed by beach hawkers every 2 minutes.

Can anyone recommend a decent place?

Went to Samet before, which was nice, but still busy. Maybe there is a quieter side to the island ?

Any tips would be appreciated.

Bronto,

Try Koh Chang,about 3 hours drive south from Pattaya and then a short ferry ride to the island from Laem Ngob.

Koh Chang is actually the second biggest island in Thailand after Phuket but very unspoilt.I spent a very enjoyable 3 days there a couple of years ago.

The main resort is Whitesands where there are a few bars and restaurants but if you want quiet and seclusion try Khlong Prau a few miles away.Lovely beach and scenery,ideal for swimming and chilling out.The nearest bar/restaurant from our hotel was 10 minutes walk along the beach,albeit two years ago.You could also hire free bikes then from our hotel (Khlong Prau Resort) then but not sure if you can do so now.

Theres a company called Koh Chang Travel which operates a daily minibus from Pattaya or,if you want to make your own way,go by bus to Trat and get a tuk-tuk from there to Laem Ngob pier.

Zidaner is correct about the wonders of Koh Chang, it is indeed a beautiful location.

You should also try the north end of Phi Phi. Two hotels come to mind, Phi Phi Natural and the Holiday Inn resort. If you want nothing to do but vegitate, this is the place.

There's a chance I may be making a short side trip as well during this next visit and if I do, then Koh Chang will be where I'm going.

• 2 weeks later...

How about the island of Ko Si Chang, quiet off the beaten track.......

Few farangs go over..... nowt much to do, but drink sit on the beach, eat.....

Plus it's in between Bangkok and Pattaya... about 15 miles north of Pattaya..the ferry is 1 hours from Sri Racha.....