Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Any nominations for the best cheap hotel? I'll define cheap as being around 500 baht.

I'll nominate the Koenig. They have huge spotlessly clean rooms for only 600 baht even in peak season. Friendly management and swiming pool is a plus.

below is a link to their website. stayed there last year between Xmas and New Year's but my guess is that they're probably booked up already this year. it's not the best location but only a brisk 10 minute walk to the FLB Bar; toughest part of the walk is crossing Phratamnak road (2nd Road).

http://www.hotelkoenig.com/e-index.htm

Good hotel for 450 and up. My favorite www.skytoppattaya.com Good location on 2nd Road near soi 6 and 10 minute walk to Soi 8. AC,TV, fridge, in room safe . Guest friendly.

Yensabicondo www.pattayarentaroom.com Big room for the money. AC, TV, fridge in room safe. About 500 or so 15 minute walk to FLB. One thing I didn't like was the walk in the sun up to 2nd Rd.. Ya, I'm a candy ass. :P

If your staying for any length of time I would recommend the Holiday Mansion. Cost is 12,000 baht per month + electric and water (approx 2000 ) and this is their most expensive of their 3 types of rooms. This is the best hotel that I've stayed in Pattaya (Eastiny Place, Flipper House, Sunshine, Bella Vista, Mike's Beach, Koeing, White Rose, Inn House, Marine Yensabai, and Pattaya Center).

Hey, I'm seriously thinking about the Sky Top. Is it really ok? They offered me a "small room" for cheap. How small is small? Any help would be much appreciated. I've changed my plans. Will now be in sin city for 10 days starting on the 23rd or December. Hoping to meet some partners in crime.

Robio

Have stayed at both the Koenig and Skytop. Koenig is the better hotel of the two but, seems to be a lot of loud germans hanging around there now.

Skytops' beds are pretty firm and the bathrooms are about 4x4 feet. Forget about the cheap rooms, way too small. Good internet downstairs and close to soi 6. Also you might want to check out Lord Nelson on soi 6. Good value at 700 baht. Later, SB

Hey, I'm seriously thinking about the Sky Top. Is it really ok? They offered me a "small room" for cheap.

robio,

No it's not OK, Guys on here tend to post lies about the places they recommend. This way we can piss off a few thousand guys who come to Pattaya on a regular basis.

It's a given that the rooms in a CHEAP hotel will be SMALL.

Koenig caters to a German clientele. Actually I find it easier to understand Germans (speaking English) than Brits or Aussies.

Thing about the Koenig is that the only thing cheap about it is the price. I stayed in the smallest room and it's huge. At 600 baht it's not in the supercheap category but I'm as happy there as in a 2000 baht place.

Sorry if my question angered you BigDUSA. Thanks for your reply. I took it even though its small...can't go wrong at that price. If i really hate it I can always move on or upgrade.

Thanks for the tip saigon Butterfly. I'll keep that in mind next trip.

21 days...

Robio

robio,

No it's not OK, Guys on here tend to post lies about the places they recommend. This way we can piss off a few thousand guys who come to Pattaya on a regular basis.

It's a given that the rooms in a CHEAP hotel will be SMALL.

Who is the liar ?

The only thing I didn't like about the Bay Breeze was the air con was mounted on the floor and blew the same level as the bed. I don't know if all the rooms are like this but I got a severe sinus infection. Other than that, the price was right and it is a pretty good location (scary side of second road) with a decent little restaurant.

Livermore,

The room I stayed the ac was mounted fairly high on the wall, so high in fact my TG had to get a chair to turn it up or down, which suited me. I just walked pass and adjust it whenever I wanted without her knowing until she worked out I kept changing it.

Very amusing actually.

Kev

The only thing I didn't like about the Bay Breeze was the air con was mounted on the floor and blew the same level as the bed. I don't know if all the rooms are like this but I got a severe sinus infection. Other than that, the price was right and it is a pretty good location (scary side of second road) with a decent little restaurant.

I pull out the vents that make the air go toward the center of the room, and turn them around to face the wall, there are 5 of them.

If it gets too cold, I put a towel on a couple of those vents.

i always stay at the BR inn on soi 12, cheep and cheerful 350 to 450 bhat a night.

The hotel I have stayed in is called Central Place hotel, I have stayed here several times and I am staying here in 2 weeks time when I go for Christmas. I only pay 350 Baht a night. The hotel is clean, great swimming pool, gym downstairs, massive bed, A/C, fridge, maid service, 24hr room service. What more can u ask for!

It is located next to the Central Pattaya hotel which is just down from the Camelot hotel. Great location because just enough to be out of the way for a decent sleep and only 5 mins ride if that on a baht bus into soipattayaland.