Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Great taxi service

Guest DeadMike68

Guest DeadMike68

Guys, thought I might recomend this taxi service... the owner is aBritish guy who also owns adive shop in Pattaya..... he is the only service I will use , after being stuck acouple of times by other Taxi companies..

His driver , is at the airport 30 min before your flight lands, Peter also supplies you with his mobile number for any problems... the driver is a very decent and safe driver...

The cost is 1600 baht tolls included ( BKK to Pattaya ) so send him a e-mail for your taxi.... e-mail is Learn@learn-in-asia.com ... owner is Peter and no I am not recieving any money for this.... Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Reminds me of a rip off bar in Soi Yamato called the Clinic , he charges guys 1800bt for a taxi to or from the airport when the actual cost is only 1200bt which is what I pay my boy.

Book direct with the driver and avoid any rip off places who put their cut in on it too.

I pay 800 plus tolls from Pattaya to airport. I use a taxi stand on 2nd Rd about 8 shops away from Sky-Top going toward Soi 6. I never had a problem with the taxi not showing.

I emailed pj skuba and asked for prices from airport to pattaya and the reply was 1900 for minibus inc tolls and 1600 for car inc tolls sounds fine to me ,bouncer

• 2 weeks later...

E-Mailed them twice over a period of 6 days but never got a reply so decided to look elsewhere. Found this one recommended on this board khrongfa@ego.co.th

. They got back to me within 12 hours with 1200baht(excluding tolls and airport parking) for private car.

Will let you know how it goes

conley,

I've used them on my last 4 trips and they have always been there waiting for me even when I arrived once 30 minutes early. They also know where to take you if you tell them in advance where you are staying. Prior to my last trip the cost was only 1000 and the vehicle has always been a clean late model car. On one occasion they must have been short on the standard vehiles and they picked me up in a mini van. Tolls should be around 145 and the parking was about 40 baht. I always send them an email reminder just before I leave my home.

khrongfa@ego.co.th

. They got back to me within 12 hours with 1200baht(excluding tolls and airport parking) for private car.

Will let you know how it goes

When khong fa stands you up at the airport, simply walk outside and go to the booth with all the tourists in line, then get a cab there.

I hope you did not give them your hotel address or name, because when they want their money for not picking you up, they will come to collect it at your hotel.

Another advanced way to get a cab, is to go to the departures area on the 3rd floor and take one that just dropped off people.

Ting Tong,

Thanks for that. You have just put a wee bit of doubt in my mind.

Anyway, I think it is the risk you run with almost everything in this part of the world.

However there has been some good comments elsewhere about this service.

Will keep you posted.

Conley,

good luck, remember the back up plan I wrote about. If they stand you up, and you go to your hotel, check in under an alias name, as they will threaten to "have a driver come by to collect" their money.

There is nothing worse than flying 20 hours plus and being tired, then having to deal with threats over the phone at your hotel.

I had to "bribe" the front desk ladies 100 baht each (300bt) to tell khong fa I went to the (roach infested) Penthouse hotel.

use caution, and good luck, t_t

Hi Taxi,

They give you this choice :- Private car (mitsubishi,toyota,nissan1600cc)

1200 baht

Limousine car (volvo,mercedez benz,honda

stream 2000cc)

1500 baht

Mini bus (toyota,kia,nissan)

1500baht

All of the above excludes tolls and parking.

Hope this helps.

All this time I've been using Alex (no complaints). My reasoning was that if BigD reccomended, I don't need to look anywhere for a better price. BigD, your reputaion as a Cheap Charlie is in jeapordy!

I'm looking for value. That means a safe driver and safe car at the right price. I don't need fancy. Think I'll give Emil's service a try.

All this time I've been using Alex (no complaints). My reasoning was that if BigD reccomended, I don't need to look anywhere for a better price. BigD, your reputaion as a Cheap Charlie is in jeapordy!

I'm looking for value. That means a safe driver and safe car at the right price. I don't need fancy. Think I'll give Emil's service a try.

Being a cheap Charley is not the be all, end all. I look for a reliable service with decent equipment that shows up on time and DOESN'T DRIVE LIKE A CRAZY MAN. So far Alex fits the bill.

It's great that guys have found many ways to get to Pattaya.

Just jokin with you BigD. :unsure: seriously thanks for turning me on to Alex, excellent service at a fair price.

I'll try Emil's service once and if not happy go back to Alex. But may heed Ting Tong's warning and say I'm staying at the hotel right next to my hotel.

I've used these guys a couple of times and will be using them again this year.

S.P.Taxi & Tour - Email: taxipattaya@hotmail.com

Pattaya - airport = 800 THB + Tolls (one way)

Pattaya - airport = 1300 THB + Tolls (Round trip)

Service was alright (its only a taxi init!)

Trying

:unsure: