Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I normally don't refer to a post a member may make in a different section but in your case I'll gladly make an exception.

What goes around comes around. The way you beat BG out of money when you take them for a night, reference your trip report. Makes my heart feel good that YOU almost lost money by this hotel.

Sorry, Harris, if I were the Hotel I would not accept the cancellation at all. A story (with some proof) of your mother dying, a heart attack or some other kind of personal atrocity I would probably accept, but just because you have found a cheaper place to stay is definitely no legal reason for a cancellation of a room, pre-paid or not.

Sunny

Often we shout or keep quiet on principle. That's all.

On princapal? :P

You were dead wrong, they have every right to keep a portion of the deposit as a cancalation fee unless they explicitly stated otherwise.

I've pre-paid a deposit for a hotel on 2 different weeks in Jan/Feb 2005, it was a total of 1,000 Baht. If I decided to not stay the 2nd week, I have lost 500 baht {deposit}. That is my choice/option, no other way to look at it.

My reservations have tied up a room and the penalty for not using that reservation is my deposit.