Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 617 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

siam, hard rock or somewhere else?

Hey guys,

i'm heading back to pattaya in oct for 2 whole weeks and cant wait! :banghead last time I ventured there was in 2002 and I stayed at bayshore which was a bit too far from the action and they charged me 800 baht for overnight guests, which sucked! can anyone that has travelled there in recent times let me know of the best quality hotel that doe not take the tourist $ for LG's? I'm thinkin siam bayview but am expecting a fee. Friends say hard rock kicks butt for fun but again I imagine the same. Thanks gents.

I stayed at hard rock and sandy springs last month. Stayed at hard rock for songran. Booked my room directly wth them for 3200 baht a night including breakfast. I stayed there becuase I could go outside and wander around without getting plastered with water and paste.(at least noit until I walked off the property) The pool is the best in pattaya and they have a great gym. As soon as I have time I an going to post a complete hotel review. Definately guest friendly. one morning there was maybe 9 punters and their girls eating breakfast.

Sandy springs was 1990 baht 9with membership card) for a suite that faced the construction site. There was some noise on 3 out of 5 morning but it was only bad 1 morning. Very nice room and great parking.

Both are easy to get to big c , tops, and walking street. :beer :nod

If you're into paying the rate of 3200 Baht, then by all means stay at the Hard Rock Hotel, Siam Bayshore or other 5 star places.

But you could get a standard room for 1,000 Baht and under at numerous hotels in Pattaya. Ones that are guest friendly, without all the luxuries. Really, what else do you need in a room, besides a bed, TV, shower and AC..?

I guess that cheap charlie side of mine is really starting to come out theses days

Try the Bella Villa Prima on Soi 4. For about 2600 baht a night you get a nice room and a soappy every day at either Sabai Dee, Sabai Room, or SabaiLand.

• 4 weeks later...

Roof Garden Inn , check hotel reviews on this site, 4 star for 2 star money 600bht.

Downside no pool and 10 baht 3 minute songthaw ride to Walking street.

I am not sure about the joiner fee some people talk about. I have stayed at hard rock 3 times in the last 4 years. never was charged a joiner. never asked for Id from any girl. Maybe it makes a difference that I always booked directly with the hotel and made a reservation for 2 people. each time they would give me 2 keys for rooms but never asked me for 2nd name on registration. My most recent time was April 18-22 of this year.

I took a bunch of pictures and if I can ever get pictures to post I will put them on the board. So far each time I try it fails. :D

I think maybe I am in the cheap charlie club but I just don't see the point of paying out almost B3000 when the gain from it is so minimal - why payout to stay at the hardrock when you can stay right next door to it in the twin palms, get quite a nice room,a nice quiet hotel at night, adequate car parking if you need it, generally friendly staff, and a nice swimming pool facing out onto beach road, for maybe b800. And if you want to use the gym in the hardrock last year or the year before the hardrock did me a monthly gym membership for b1000 I think it was, and it's not exactly a strain to stroll round to it from next door. Oh and no hassles about bringing guests back in the twin palms - everybody I know who has stayed at the hardrock has paid through the nose for bringing in company at night. I'm not on a commission or anything here - with regards this I must be cheap charlie!

Andyagain

THanks for your point of view and I understand you want to help anyone who would like to help anyone.

I wish to know that I like the environment of Hard Rock and bearing in mind that a child of 11 yrs is coming together with me.

WHat do you think about Siam Bayshore?

Isabella,

Your kid will love Hard Rock, probably think it's the coolest place on this planet.

But it is not worth it when it comes to the rooms. Again, the kid will not mind.

Bayshore got a huge room compared to Hard Rock, but apart from the pools -nothing a kid will remember.

If you don't mind the small rooms, and don't mind the extra cost of Hard Rock - Hard Rock it is!

Hi Dingo 1luv

Thank you very much for you reply.

From what I recall Siam Bayshore rooms are no so big.I'd stay in the Garden Room and on that time they even have the private club and only have a small swimming pool.How can you compare to Hard Rock's rooms?

Did you ever participate in the foam party? Can you describe it?WHere it would be held? Are the facilities free of charge? :D :moon

Isabella,

I have never stayed at Bayshore but had a look at a room there around 8 years ago, and 4 years ago. That room was about average for a Pattaya room in size. Don't dear to guess sq.m. They have a very nice garden/pool area with slides and another pool on the walking street side of the hotel. The down side will be at daytime when everything is a taxi ride away.

I have stayed 3 times at Hard Rock, and they really surprised me with the size of the rooms (small). Last time we had a suite for the 6xxx baht and that did it all...

I am thinking in the way that you need an extra bed for a kid that old.

Have never seen the the Garden place you mentioned.

The Foam party... Hmm, think I skipped that. Wish I was that young again... :D

I guess it all comes down to making the kid happy, sort of. In that case I would choose Hard Rock. But it is a waste of money. I'm a Dusit fan these days but it is nothing there to impress a kid, and it's just as expensive (but worth it). If, IF, you don't mind staying a few minutes out of town, nothing in Pattaya can beat the Royal Cliff. 4 hotels in 1. AND all of them, cept for the Wing will beat Hard Rock when it comes to room rates. And now we talk close to 40 Sq.m, except Royal Grand.

Hope this helps a bit. Scream if I can help.

HI DIngo

BY the way I read in many posts Royal Cliff food rates are expensive and it's one of my concern as we should stay and have our breakfast and lunch and tea time at the swimming pool & swin up bar. Staying in of the hotels in that complex we can use another hotel facilities??? I've sent them an enquiry a month ago and still waiting for their reply.

I read also that the rooms are worn and dump and smelly. DO you agree?

Isabella,

Royal Cliff have managed to be smart enough and priced their products just at the edge. They know that a guest will head downtown if the charges/prices are wrong.

Like you said, one big problem with hotels like that is breakfast/lunch. A Breakfast at the Cliff, Dusit and the rest of them will set you back 5-600 baht per person, and that is before the ++. Here comes the wonderful bakery in... Ready-made sandwiches at 50-80 baht (Salmon sandwich at Dusit is 85 Baht in the bakery).

So, pick up a sandwich on the way to the pool and suddely your 5 star stay breakfast is down to 50-90 baht per person. The sandwiches at the cliff are not that fantastic, Dusit wins again.

I wish I remembered more about the prices. All that is crystal clear at the moment is the Chateau Briand (spell) at the Grill room. 1200 Baht for 2.