Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Hi there..

I'm thinking about spending this winter in Pattaya.

Does anybody know where to go, for renting a cheap, but clean place to camp while there ??? I would need something like a studio..

Was thinking from around after the monsun (September????) and till mid December.. Then again from mid January till late April if I like it there.

The place should be near the beach, near or in downtown Pattaya.

And yes, of course, they would have to accept overnight visitors every now and then :chogdee2

Hope somebody would help me recommend a place.

Take care.

Northy

Hi Ting Tong.

Thank you very much for answering...

I have really no idea about the prices there, but I heard it's cheap... Would I get a decent place with a maid twice a week for around £100 a month ???

Take care.

Northy.

Hi Ting Tong.

Thank you very much for answering...

I have really no idea about the prices there, but I heard it's cheap... Would I get a decent place with a maid twice a week for around £100 a month ???

Take care.

Northy.

baht calculator

we can help you better if you talk in baht :chogdee2

you may find places for 8000 to 10,000 a month, but you would have to do your own laundry, and cleaning.

look in the soi buhkao area, many places. you can even find a 2000 baht a month if you really want :chogdee2

try see if you can handle 500 a day? or 600 a day? then you can live quite happy with maid service, and fresh linens everyday. just tip the maid 30 to 40 baht a day, and she will take care of you.

Cheers mate !!

I was thinking about spending around 6000 THB a month...

I figure I'll spend my money on other things than a place to live..

Where's the soi buhkao area at ?? Far from downtown ?

By the way, being a newbie and all.... What does soi mean ??

Thanks alot for helping out.

Northy

Thanks again for your reply...

Well, yes, it might be better to pay a little more, and live decent while there...

Another question... Is there much bugs there ? Do I have to expect having my room full of those ??

And also, is there much crime ? Or can I be relativly safe walking arond "drunk & happy" alone at night ?

Cheers,

Northy

please make an attempt to join the members section, there are people that will help you there,

you may also be able to do searches by topic or name.....ex: crime, bugs

bugs are eaten, they sell them in food carts.

As ting suggests, join the members forum.

6000 a month is going to be some very uncomfortable living, may be a room with a fan, no maid, no laundry=no fun 4 me. If you are going to be in your room during the day you will most probably wnt a/c..............what are your daytime plans? Pattaya is hot and humid during the daytime..........shit and night time.

Crime is same, same everywhere. Old life saying "don't start no shit, won't be no shit. Smile and be happy.

Bugs easily found cooked at many street food vendors and rooms for B6000 per month.

Walking from 2nd Rd on soi 1 toward Beach Rd on the right side almost next to the Markland Hotel is a 3 or 4 story apartment building that has nice studio room for around 6k plus utilities. Cable TV, ac, fridge, clean. Excellent Thai couple manage the building. Worth your time to check it out.

If I were you I would take 'Whats Up' up on his offer at View Talay for a couple of weeks while you get your feet under the table and if you then feel you want to move into a ghetto have a look round while you are there. My guess is though you may want to stay at View Talay at 12000 bht per month that is not bad and he may give you a further discount for a few months or maybe you could find cheaper in View Talay (there is always cheaper somewhere, in Thailand).

View talay is not in the heart of the action but it is a 10 baht Songthaw ride to Walking Street about ten minutes and an easy five minute walk into Jomtien with what looks like many civilised places to find a ladyand a better beach than town.

Personally right now I am living in a reasonably civilised ghetto and want to move to View Talay, I am too old for ghettos. Get It?

Edited by spacebass

A new apartment opened last month not far from Carrefour and they were asking 5300 baht a month. Its a ways from the beach but just a short walk to catch a baht bus that would take you there and it does have A/C.

Hi there mates..

Thanks for all your reply's....

It's a great thing newbies like me can ask "veterans" for advice's.

Hehe, I don't think I would like to live in a ghetto..

I have applyed to the members section, but have got no reply yet.

Actually, I would rather live somewhere Thai owned... I figure they need my money more than people from Europe.

Carcareers: My daytime plans ?? Hmm, not sure... Guess it will be tourist stuff.

IE one day relaxing at the beach, the other day go see a temple, the tiger park etc.

Would also love to go look around in that region. Perhaps go to Cambodia and Malaysia.. And of course, would have to spend some days in Bangkok.

Take care.

Northy.

Hello northy.

Take a look here.

Condo's to rent.

:chogdee2

Thanks Raykaytat.

Been looking a little around.

What is this View Talay ?? It's a building ?

I also noticed there were two of them... Project 1 and 2. One in Pattaya and one in Jomtien.. It's far from Jomtien to Pattaya ?

Thanks,

Northy.

Thanks Raykaytat.

Been looking a little around.

What is this View Talay ?? It's a building ?

I also noticed there were two of them... Project 1 and 2. One in Pattaya and one in Jomtien.. It's far from Jomtien to Pattaya ?

Thanks,

Northy.

Dear Northy,

View Talays are a brand name of a few high quality and big condos mainly in Jomtien, View Talay 1/2 a/b, they are building two or three new ones now one on the beach in Jomtien one in Pattaya town 3,4,5 really all you need to know is in my post above and the guy who made you the offer above.

If you do a search 'View Talay Jomtien' on Google I reckon you will get a lot of info. (Talay is Thai for Ocean by the way.)

Cheers

Spacebass

P.S. Your concern for the poor Thais is slightly misplaced as they will take you for all they can.. 'Me Thai you falang' end of story.

Edited by spacebass
Perhaps go to Cambodia and Malaysia.

Northlander,

You may already be aware of this, but please be cautious if you are planning to travel by road or rail south into Malaysia. Southern Thailand is not the safest region for a farang to travel through - unless you really know what you're doing. :hairout

Flying to KL or Penang would not be a problem ... but if you're a P4P guy, perhaps choose Cambodia over Malaysia.

Lemons

Lemon:

Thanks for your reply...

Yeah, I know that area isn't very safe.. I heard flights were very cheap down there?, so incase, I'll jump on a plane to Malaysia....

In Cambodia I would love to go see Angkor Wat.. Anybody been there ?

By the way, what does p4p mean ??

Take care,

Northy

Lemon:

Thanks for your reply...

Yeah, I know that area isn't very safe.. I heard flights were very cheap down there?, so incase, I'll jump on a plane to Malaysia....

In Cambodia I would love to go see Angkor Wat.. Anybody been there ?

By the way, what does p4p mean ??

Take care,

Northy

Northy,

If you click on my signature you'll find all the information you will need on Cambodia, Thailand , Myanmar (Burma) etc.

Mythicaldude is there now and updating all the time.

Make sure you have a few hours to spare to take it all in, every link will take you to many exciting places.

p4p is paying for lady .

Northy my signature is the red title at the bottom of the post.

Angkor Wat is an absolute must see if you have the time, at least 2 days to see it all. There is also some p4p there just in case you need a break from temples.

Ohhh, damn it..... The more I learn about this region, the more I want to go TODAY !!! :)

raykaytat: I've been reading on that site you recommended.. Very informative.

carcareers: A few days ago I saw a documentary from Angkor Wat on Discovery Channel. It was fantastic... An absolutely MUST SEE !!

Unfortunately I can't go until October.. :D

After a search on Google, I found a small studio at View Talay for 9350 Baht pr.month. That's not bad is it ? But... There's a but here ;) Is that a gay place ??

It seems like it on a few sites.. I ain't too keen on that.

Take care mates.

Northy.